Can We Have Sarcasm Font?

submaniac

@ Mr. submaniac. What would be useful to you then? cool.png

Sarcasm font.

Or perhaps disclaimer in square parenthesis with asterisk , for example:

[*THIS IS SARCASM. DO NOT BE OFFENDED BY OR TAKE SERIOUSLY*]

But before you stated this button was meant for other users.. Are you implying you will make use of this button your self as well?

@ Mr. submaniac. What would be useful to you then? cool.png

Sarcasm font.

Or perhaps disclaimer in square parenthesis with asterisk , for example:

[*THIS IS SARCASM. DO NOT BE OFFENDED BY OR TAKE SERIOUSLY*]

I thought you are doing alright without one whistling.gif

• Like 1

obviously the request for the sarcasm font was not necessitated by submaniac. As everyone reading this thread is well aware the name submaniac has come to be known far and wide throughout the kingdom and the far reaches of the internet as a synonym for intelligence, charm, dry sardonic wit and overall generally sexy ways. In addition to these noble attributes, submaniac has also come to be associated with selfless and magnanimous behavior.

It's not really for me. i was just thinking of all those other poor thaivisa posters who are unable to differentiate sarcasm cuz I didn't want them to be confused and all...whistling.gif

Edited by submaniac

obviously the request for the sarcasm font was not necessitated by submaniac. As everyone reading this thread is well aware the name submaniac has come to be known far and wide throughout the kingdom and the far reaches of the internet as a synonym for intelligence, charm, dry sardonic wit and overall generally sexy ways. In addition to these noble attributes, submaniac has also come to be associated with selfless and magnanimous behavior.

It's not really for me. i was just thinking of all those other poor thaivisa posters who are unable to differentiate sarcasm cuz I didn't want them to be confused and all...whistling.gif

You poor, deluded individual.

PS This is NOT sarcasm

PPS The PS may be interpreted as irony, however. wink.png

Altruistic you seemthumbsup.gif Hope people will appreciate your puny endeavour.

Altruistic you seemthumbsup.gif Hope people will appreciate your puny endeavour.

Let's not forget humble. Submaniac is all about being humble. Like extremely humble and stuff.

And Rob,

It appears you made a typo in your posting. Looks like you accidentally quoted my statement when clearly you meant to refer to the quote of another poster in this thread.

PPS The PS may be interpreted as irony, however. wink.png

You are absolutely correct. We also need an irony font around here.

Edited by submaniac
  • Like 1

I doubt that there's many on this forum would need a sarcasm font.

I doubt that people would use it, in any case, and others would complain when the mods retrofitted it.

It might be better to apply a qualification to our posting licenses:

Caution: May contain sarcasm

Caution: Irony-blind

Caution: Cannot see wood for trees (my apologies for the golfing digression...)

Cation: Kleptomaniac, easily takes offence

etc.

SC

The delight of sarcasm is that the container is only partially transparent - like a white shirt.

Announcing the sarcasm, like pulling off the top, is more direct, but less intriguing and cannot be prolonged indefinitely.

However in some cases the direct approach is more pertinent.

Edited by canuckamuck

Ahhhh....so geriatrickid and submaniac are one and the same posters.

Autistic....more like cheesy.gif

as far as sarcasm goes..i think this smiley is an appropriate substitute and also does sum up the relevance of this thread..coffee1.gif

giggle.gif

Edited by tingtongtourist

As canukamuck said, th whole point of sarcasm, and irony is that it is an in joke, you either get it, or you don't.

Indicating when it is employed defeats the purpose of using it in the first place..

I don't think anyone would use sarcasm on our forum anyway, for fear of being misunderstood.

As canukamuck said, th whole point of sarcasm, and irony is that it is an in joke, you either get it, or you don't.

Indicating when it is employed defeats the purpose of using it in the first place..

I don't think anyone would use sarcasm on our forum anyway, for fear of being misunderstood.

If we all changed our title to sarcastic member are we immune from prosecution?