Hua Hin Immigration Office Non-O Marriage Renewal Question

patekatek

Next month I have to renew my 1 year non-o, marriage to Thai citizen, visa. This will be the 2nd renewal and I would like to know what requirements the local Hua Hin office has for getting this renewal processed. My first renewal was processed at the Sri Ratcha Immigration office. I have done the forum searches for information but the information I've found is all over the place regarding requirement for photos, documents, income verification, etc.

So, if anyone could comment on their recent renewal experience at the Hua Hin Immigration Office,regarding marriage to a Thai citizen, I would appreciate it.

This is what I found when I visited the Thai gov. web site for information regarding requirements. However, it appears to be lacking in detail.

List of documents for extension Thai spouse visa

Application form T.M. 7 with one photograph size 4x6 cm. and Visa Fee 1900.-Baht Copy of passport ( with certified true copy ) Required documentation for applying visa in case of

For supporting Thai wife:

Marriage Certificate

Child's birth certificate (if any)

Wife’s house registration

Wife’s identity card

I am hoping I don't need two witnesses and can use only the U.S. Embassy income verification affidavit.

Thanks in advance for any information you can provide. And, I apologize if I somehow missed the posted information in my TV search for information.

Copy of Registration of marriage at Amphur KR2

Wife the real one in person

Bank books for Thailand to prove you have the funds and are using them

Map to house or condo

Copy of departure card

This is for my office at Nonthaburi, and maybe I might have missed something else.

Edited by beano2274

Best contact the immirgation office to see their local requirements. The list is indeed not complete.

Regarding witnesses, normally not required the second time, but you did move to another area. That might mean they will visit your house or interview neighbours again.

- get a k.r. 2 form from the local amphur

- take a few pictures of you and your wife in and outside the house, one with the housenumber clearly visable

- make a make from immigration to your house

Income affadavid is enough, but they can ask for extra proof of income as the US-embassy itslf doesn't require proof. So prepare some proof in case asked for.

Hi,

You dont need the witness on the 2nd and further years extensions here in HH, nor do you need the Copy of Registration of marriage, all the regular stuff already mentioned though is needed. plus. this being HH, you will be offered an express service and will be expected to pay a sum quite in excess of the 1,900 baht standard fee! Its made very easy here, just the expectation of "tips and "express fees" makes it a little different.

Thanks for the feedback, forum members. It sounds like the HH Immigration Office is going to be OK to work with.

Lets hope they are, my dealings with them 5 or 6 years ago were a nightmare.....always wanted extra money or documents to make things akward and then they could process for a fee.....of course they always gave a lovely service and smile....

.....of course they always gave a lovely service and smile....

Not every body smiling! I came this morning for my 90 days: the same man than 3 months ago: no hello, no smile, a little bit agressive... but very effective: 3 months ago, it was for 90 days and extension 1 year in same time : every thing ready in 10 minutes !; I thanked him in thai and he seemed very angry . He works fast and well, but he doesn' like farangs.

he is the man in front of the seats, right desk.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, we got through the ordeal but not without some headaches. I may have caused the issues due to the fact that we moved from Chonburi where my last annual extension was issued. I did not properly file here in Phetchaburi province so I had to start over with the process that included a witness from our Tambor or Amphur. We did all the paperwork and had no problem with the income statement from the u.s. embassy but we had to get a neighbor and go back the next day to immigration to complete the process. It took a couple of hours both days. The 2nd day we were in the middle of them interviewing our neighbor when they decided to have a group meeting. We had to wait an additional 45 minutes while they did this. Oh, well. All done and I expect to have the approved extension in one month. Next year no witness needed. Also, no indication of any baht to be paid beyond the 1,900 fee.

Not every body smiling! I came this morning for my 90 days: the same man than 3 months ago: no hello, no smile, a little bit agressive... but very effective: 3 months ago, it was for 90 days and extension 1 year in same time : every thing ready in 10 minutes !; I thanked him in thai and he seemed very angry . He works fast and well, but he doesn' like farangs.

he is the man in front of the seats, right desk.

Unless they rotate work positions and I'm commenting on a different fellow, I don't think he is anti-farang. He seems a bit droll when performing routine tasks, but ask him a question, and he perks up.

e.g. He handled (efficiently, but fairly emotionless-ly) my 90-day report a couple weeks ago. After receiving my passport back, I asked him about if/when the office was moving. He brightened right up, like he was glad to have something besides routine work, and sheepishly shrugged and said "Not sure." So, he *does* have it in him!

• 5 months later...

I didn't want to start a new thread on this, but I've searched the forum and haven't found an answer.

Can someone please post the exact location (address) of the Hua Hin Immigration office, and if possible Google map coordinates.

Thx!

Never had a problem there in my dealings with Hua Hin immigration. I speak Thai with them, I'm polite, have a little laugh and a joke if the opportunity presents itself, pay the standard cost (I don't use an express service) and they've always been good as gold.

• Like 1

Never had a problem there in my dealings with Hua Hin immigration. I speak Thai with them, I'm polite, have a little laugh and a joke if the opportunity presents itself, pay the standard cost (I don't use an express service) and they've always been good as gold.

Great to hear, and encouraging news about their good service SJ. But do you happen to remember how you got there, where exactly it is, and what the address is or even what road it's on? I'm looking to find it on Google Maps so I can tag the location for future reference.

Thx! smile.png

I don't know the address, but it is on the canal road pretty far toward the north end of Hua Hin (I think between sois 6 and 10 from Phetkasem).

N12 36.247 E99 56.688

Thanks for that guys. I'll hunt it down. wai.gif

If you go prepared and be polite there is no problem. I went last week to file a change of address. I did my research ahead of time and had the proper form along with source materials ready. The parking lot was full so I went in expecting to have a long wait but I was back out in under 5 minutes. It was the same the last time I went for 90 day reporting. I went in with form filled in and ready, took a number and was done in about ten minutes. My annual extensions usually take around 30 minutes. In the eight years since Immigration has had an office in Hua Hin I've never spent more than 30 to 40 minutes in there for anything including when I got a new passport and they had to transfer my original visa by hand from the old one. Others have had problems there but everything has always gone smoothly and quickly for me.

• Like 1

If you go prepared and be polite there is no problem. I went last week to file a change of address. I did my research ahead of time and had the proper form along with source materials ready. The parking lot was full so I went in expecting to have a long wait but I was back out in under 5 minutes. It was the same the last time I went for 90 day reporting. I went in with form filled in and ready, took a number and was done in about ten minutes. My annual extensions usually take around 30 minutes. In the eight years since Immigration has had an office in Hua Hin I've never spent more than 30 to 40 minutes in there for anything including when I got a new passport and they had to transfer my original visa by hand from the old one. Others have had problems there but everything has always gone smoothly and quickly for me.

I've been in Phuket for a few years, and always hear horror stories about Immigrations here. I've never had any more serious problems than perhaps waiting longer than I'd like to. Which is really not that long anyways. Patience is a virtue and all that...

When I go I have my stuff in order, smile a lot, and I'm usually in and out in short order. Expecting the worst and hoping for the best usually has me leaving happy. smile.png Going in with an attitude (and believe me I've seen some real bad ones in there!) is not the way to get good service. Treating people respectfully usually gets the same in return.

Cheers for the info hhf. wai.gif

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...