Appealing Uk Settlement Visa Refusal On Human Rights Grounds.

Situations change don't they? And I think it's a very valid point, what if those points were true, where would we be expected to live? What if I lost my job? We would be forced to be apart! Our child isn't even born yet and so it will be adaptable to live here, but how is that okay without it's Father here???

Can't believe how pessimistic some of you guys are, it's pretty obvious that none of you are going through this, so why come in here and comment so negatively? Should be supportive.You say Good Luck, but not sure how sincere that is.

i actually have.refused my wife a visa.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been lambasted for pointing the following out in this topic before, but it is the reality of the situation.

people do need to understand the realities. Unless the government listens to the recommendations of the Parliamentary review, doubtful, these requirements are not going to be changed in the short term.

Absolutely correct. No lambasting from me.

• 11 months later...

Hi all, interesting topic. I'm sorry but I haven't seen all the posts and I apologise for butting in but I am currently trying to find out about a settlement visa too. The situation for me is different but I am trying to find out where the UKBA stand on income if you are receiving DLA (disability living allowance) as income, is it still seen as an exception?

Yes, if receiving DLA, and some other benefits, then you are exempt from the financial requirement.

However, you will still need to show that you can adequately maintain yourself and partner and any children and other dependents without further recourse to public funds.

See 3.6. Meeting the financial requirement through “adequate maintenance”

If you have further questions on this, may I suggest a new topic? Your situation is not really relevant to this one and your questions could be missed.

Edited by 7by7
  • Like 1