Phuket Taxi Driver Held For Female Tourist Assault

Lite Beer

Phuket taxi driver held for tourist ‘rape’

Nattha Thepbamrung

PHUKET: A meter taxi driver has been arrested on a charge of rape after a Chinese tourist told Phuket police on Saturday (January 19) he frightened her into performing sexual acts with him.

Pol Col Sermpan Sirikong, Superintendent of Phuket Police told The Phuket News that the Chinese woman had left her room at the Cape Panwa Hotel, planning to go shopping at the outlet mall on the bypass road. She caught a meter taxi with the license number ทข70.

When she got into it, she saw that there was another woman sitting next to the driver but thought nothing more of it. The taxi dropped the other woman off first and then drove along roads she did not recognise.

“The taxi stopped at the Phuket Motel on Rattanakosin 200 Pi Rd in Phuket Town,” Pol Col Sermpan said. “She followed the driver from the car to a room in the hotel. She said that initially she did not understand what he really wanted to do.”

CCTV footage from inside the motel shows the woman voluntarily following the driver into the room.

“However, we cannot see what happened in the room and there are some scratches on the woman’s arms and back,” Col Sermpan said. It was in the room, she alleged, that she was forced to perform sexual acts.

Afterwards, however, she got back in the taxi and only jumped from it when the driver slowed to make a turn into Bang Yai Rd (behind Big C), several kilometres away.

“She said the road did not look like the way to the bypass and she was very scared. So she opened the door when the taxi slowed down and ran away.”

The driver was arrested at his home soon after the woman made her allegation. He admitted taking the woman to the hotel but denied raping her, saying that she had performed the sex acts voluntarily. He also gave her his telephone number and email before they left the room.

The woman said she went along with the driver’s demands because she did not understand Thai, did not know where she was and was very scared.

“We are still not clear about what happened and are waiting for the results of medical tests,” Col Sermpan said.

Col Sermpan added that the other woman in the taxi was the driver’s pregnant wife. She told officers that she had an inkling that her husband intended to have sex with the Chinese woman. She added that he had confessed to her (though not to rape) when the police arrived at the couple’s house to arrest him.

Source: http://www.thephuket...ld-for-tourist-

--The Phuket News 2013-01-23

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

Col Sermpan added that the other woman in the taxi was the driver’s pregnant wife. She told officers that she had an inkling that her husband intended to have sex with the Chinese woman. She added that he had confessed to her (though not to rape) when the police arrived at the couple’s house to arrest him.

She had an inkling that her husband intended to have sex with a foreign paying passenger, so she got out? Wow!

• Like 1

It's getting more bizarre by the day. The pregnant wife had an "inkling" her husband wanted to have sex with his foreign female passenger, thus she got out and let him proceed with what she must've assumed was his god-given right, and despite the fact that he was her husband? How many "inklings" has she had in the past and how did she handle those situations? clap2.gifcheesy.gif

Edited by Misterwhisper
  • Like 1

She had an inkling that her husband intended to have sex with a foreign paying passenger, so she got out? Wow!

How very considerate of her.

• Like 1

Folks, you can not make this stuff up... rolleyes.gif Where did the Chinese lady think the taxi driver was taking her? To an Amway presentation?

Mary Kay presentation.. just walked in the room at the motel with him.. wow..

• Like 1

Given the history of women being oppressed in China, I would not let slip by a possibility that this Chinese woman (presumably in her 40's or 50's) is more than likely telling the exact truth. "Going along with it" without protest is something Chinese women have had to do for many thousands of years when a man tells them to do something.

I can imagine this woman's fear of being alone in a foreign country and having gone through this experience. I cannot imaghine that she would be on about lying to people simply to cause a stir in order to hide her implied sexual deviancies. There is no mentioin of her having contacts, or of friends being there to defend her.

Giving her a phone number and an email address is also to say that the man thrust out something at her and told her to take it. Of course she would do that rather than offend him. That has no bearing on his implied innocence or her implied guilt.

As far as I am concerned, the woman should be asked if she wanted this to happen, and if she says she did not, then the man should spend time in jail and pay her some compensation.

It would also do good for Thailand's image if the Thai government paid for her airline ticket and hospital fees for the pain and trouble that the people of the Kingdom of Thailand brought on this woman for simpy wanting to come to their country to experience the joys of travel, and instead experience the pain of being raped by (figuratively speaking) one of those smiling Thai people in the advertisement brochure that lured her here in the first place.

Edited by cup-O-coffee
  • Like 2

Maybe she was afraid that if she didn't she would be the victim of domestic violence or being a dutiful Thai wife just wanted to see her husband happy

Maybe she was afraid that if she didn't she would be the victim of domestic violence or being a dutiful Thai wife just wanted to see her husband happy

It's a man,s world here and don't forget that most Thai wife's or girlfriends expect her man to butterfly you only have to look at the videos of the latest Thai songs to see it all .

Given the history of women being oppressed in China, I would not let slip by a possibility that this Chinese woman (presumably in her 40's or 50's) is more than likely telling the exact truth. "Going along with it" without protest is something Chinese women have had to do for many thousands of years when a man tells them to do something.

I can imagine this woman's fear of being alone in a foreign country and having gone through this experience. I cannot imaghine that she would be on about lying to people simply to cause a stir in order to hide her implied sexual deviancies. There is no mentioin of her having contacts, or of friends being there to defend her.

Giving her a phone number and an email address is also to say that the man thrust out something at her and told her to take it. Of course she would do that rather than offend him. That has no bearing on his implied innocence or her implied guilt.

As far as I am concerned, the woman should be asked if she wanted this to happen, and if she says she did not, then the man should spend time in jail and pay her some compensation.

It would also do good for Thailand's image if the Thai government paid for her airline ticket and hospital fees for the pain and trouble that the people of the Kingdom of Thailand brought on this woman for simpy wanting to come to their country to experience the joys of travel, and instead experience the pain of being raped by (figuratively speaking) one of those smiling Thai people in the advertisement brochure that lured her here in the first place.

By going to his hotel room, it would be apparent (at least to a normal person) what the intention was. If she knew the intention and did not want it to happen, she could have asked for help at the hotel reception.

The "traditionally oppressed women" attitude would be fine, should the woman have been a teenager 40 years ago. I do not see many old Chinese in Thailand, a lot of middle aged Chinese. Older Chinese travel in those tour buses that do not make contact with anyone unless the situation is "rigged" by the Chinese company to maximise profit for China.

I don't deny what happened actually happened, but I do wonder if there were any marks on the man, if she actually told him she did not want to (this is important as a man, we are not psychic, and asking puts a lot of ladies off as it is awkward), and if she said at any point she did not want to go to the room alone with him. Why did she not text message someone for help? I assume being Chinese she had a phone and was glued to it, I have text for help several times in difficult situations in which I could not speak, such as when I was kidnapped by a Filipino gang in Malaysia.

This is a classic case of things going wrong because a foreigner did not understand the world s/he was in - I would not bring a girl back to my room unless I intended on some adult fun, or unless a third party that I knew prior to meeting the second person was with me. Its' common sense. Her story makes none.

I am sure an oppressed woman from china in her 40's would stay in an expensive cape panwa hotel and be able to go shopping by herself without a male to watch over her virtue.

This is a simple case of low IQ vs low IQ. Happens everywhere.

Edited by bearpolar