Pattaya, Why Are You Still Here ?

yoslim

Considering it is an entire city given over to whoring and famous for such the world over, I'm surprised only one person is there because of the sex! biggrin.png

clap2.gif yes i do notice this also...

maybe is the same thing....this Thaivisa dot com website has so many..XXXXXXXX??... members,

but of so many l people i meet in Thailand over a time of 4 years NO-ONE does ever admit to being a member and only about 2 or 3 even admit to ever reading this site rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering it is an entire city given over to whoring and famous for such the world over, I'm surprised only one person is there because of the sex! biggrin.png

maybe is the same thing....this Thaivisa dot com website has so many..XXXXXXXX??... members,

but of so many l people i meet in Thailand over a time of 4 years NO-ONE does ever admit to being a member and only about 2 or 3 even admit to ever reading this site rolleyes.gif

Quite the opposite of my experience. Most people I know have at least heard of Thaivisa. And many use it for research, mainly lurking.

I've met some great friends from TV. One reason I'm a mod now...trying to give something back.

Quite the opposite of my experience. Most people I know have at least heard of Thaivisa. And many use it for research, mainly lurking.

I've met some great friends from TV. One reason I'm a mod now...trying to give something back.

Maybe you know only moderators laugh.png

Yes there are still big pluses and if you've been here for a long time, it really can be hard to go back! w00t.gif

I was back home for a year and I didn't have any trouble fitting in. I returned to help care for a sick parent and that part of the US is a place I would not settle in long term but, again, not so bad.

I like that night life in Pattaya- even if I don't go out, I know its there if I decide to partake.

But I never intended to remain in Pattaya/Thailand forever. For the folks that love Thailand, good on you, you are the lucky ones. For the folks who feel they can't go back, umm a bit sad....

I said hard, not can't. I feel spoiled here. Wouldn't voluntarily give it up.

Yes, i sense that you would be OK back in the US.

However I have met some expats that seem to literally hate their home country and those are the ones I was referencing...

The Sailing is GREAT ! ! !

WPFflags.gif

You mean there's an actual breeze in Pattaya...just seems like hot and humid mostly to me.

From Wednesday....great day out. Can't wait to go again! It's like the sail in San Diego...no reason to leave before noon...no wind. The islands out past Koh Larn are spectacular.

post-5869-0-35716000-1359090261_thumb.jp

post-5869-0-17732100-1359090392_thumb.jp

Maybe you know only moderators laugh.png

Ha! I do know a few. But they were not the first members I met.

The Sailing is GREAT ! ! !

WPFflags.gif

You mean there's an actual breeze in Pattaya...just seems like hot and humid mostly to me.

From Wednesday....great day out. Can't wait to go again! It's like the sail in San Diego...no reason to leave before noon...no wind. The islands out past Koh Larn are spectacular.

Looks like great fun...just didn't know there were many people doing this in Patts. Maybe have to hang-out with the hi-so's at Ocean Marina more often :)

Looks like great fun...just didn't know there were many people doing this in Patts. Maybe have to hang-out with the hi-so's at Ocean Marina more often smile.png

HA! Just a group of people who love sailing. It's actually a group a guy started here a few years ago and it works out great.

He charters a boat every few months and who ever is interested, signs up and splits the charter fee! Great fun.

Looks like great fun...just didn't know there were many people doing this in Patts. Maybe have to hang-out with the hi-so's at Ocean Marina more often smile.png

HA! Just a group of people who love sailing. It's actually a group a guy started here a few years ago and it works out great.

He charters a boat every few months and who ever is interested, signs up and splits the charter fee! Great fun.

But it looks like they left you on the quay since you took the picture when they took off cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

But it looks like they left you on the quay since you took the picture when they took off cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Pictures were taken from when we left until we returned. About 8 hours of sailing (err...motoring in the AM).

OP: Well i AM here but i am NOT here.

(If you do not understand look up the word KOAN.)

Dislcousre: I have yet to read three pages of posts.

But i did read the OP and liked it.

I think when i finally figure out why, I will probably leave.

I never had any intention of coming here or staying here so that might be a good answer as well.

Edited by infinity11

Someone else must have noticed already that the OP hasn't returned to this thread since he started it, however he's posting in other threads meanwhile.

This is from the OP's profile " Running Low on Funds, don't hesitate to pm if you're willing to assist tongue.png "

I've such a feeling, from this and other threads from the OP, that he is just a wind up troll .

Edited by jbrain

Someone else must have noticed already that the OP hasn't returned to this thread since he started it, however he's posting in other threads meanwhile.

This is from the OP's profile " Running Low on Funds, don't hesitate to pm if you're willing to assist tongue.png "

I've such a feeling, from this and other threads from the OP, that he is just a wind up troll .

I think that is easy to say and i also think we all get pagged as such sooner or later.

I removed the quote on my profile as it was against the rules, sorry for the noob mistake :(

I have been reading the thread but I usually don't like to get into arguments... also I'm suprised so few stayhere for the girls :rolleyes:

i joined the forum in 2004 so please have some respect !

Edited by yoslim

I removed the quote on my profile as it was against the rules, sorry for the noob mistake sad.png

I have been reading the thread but I usually don't like to get into arguments... also I'm suprised so few stayhere for the girls rolleyes.gif

Hey Yoslim,

can you please answer my question: Which new Visa rules will come in effect in March 2013 which you mentioned in your OP ??

Edited by MJCM

I removed the quote on my profile as it was against the rules, sorry for the noob mistake sad.png

I have been reading the thread but I usually don't like to get into arguments... also I'm suprised so few stayhere for the girls rolleyes.gif

Hey Yoslim,

can you please answer my question: Which new Visa rules will come in effect in March 2013 which you mentioned in your OP ??

http://www.thaivisa....e/#entry6045958

No idea of the rule but some member mentioned it in another thread and he did assure new rules were supposed to come in effect in March. Sorry but I don't have more information, I hope it won't jeopardize people younger than 50 sad.png

Hey Yoslim,

http://www.thaivisa....e/#entry6045958

No idea of the rule but some member mentioned it in another thread and he did assure new rules were supposed to come in effect in March. Sorry but I don't have more information, I hope it won't jeopardize people younger than 50 sad.png

Thanks, but a Link to the thread would be more then helpful for other members as well !

Edited by MJCM

• 2 weeks later...

I'm moving out at the end of February. I've had it with this place. Ripping off the Farang" is the name of the game and the Thais clearly resent our presence. I've lived in Thailand since 1999 and it's gotten nothing but worse every year and I doubt whether I'll ever return. Can't wait to feel the wheels leave the ground!

I'm moving out at the end of February. I've had it with this place. Ripping off the Farang" is the name of the game and the Thais clearly resent our presence. I've lived in Thailand since 1999 and it's gotten nothing but worse every year and I doubt whether I'll ever return. Can't wait to feel the wheels leave the ground!

Run out of money ?

Nothing to do with money. Agree it is getting tiresome living here,always under the threat of whatever s developing with various issues and in particular visas,which in time surely will change for the worse for the ex-pats (Russians will see to that).

Looked and looked again at Spain,certain areas I'm narrowing down,even the Canary Islands may get a look in,but when push comes to shove,and I do not think it will be very long,Ill let the door slap my arse

Yes, the Russians will probably kill this place stone dead if they dont all up and leave overnight for some reason before it's too late.

I also think about Spain and the Canaries and (more often) Portugal, but the tax hit would be just too huge at the moment. Maybe if/when I have regular medical bills to take care of, unless I'm lucky enough to die first.

I went out yesterday and couldn't even cross the street the traffic was so bad. I'm getting tired of this place. I think sometimes you need to get out once in a while or it wears you down. But I always end up coming back. There is still that addictive element.

• Like 1

Anybody can offer any alternative countries/cities to retire? Certainly there must be some that can match up with Thailand/Pattaya?! Interested in feedback from people who know the world....PF.

Head up north if you want to stay in Thailand. It is lovely up there in some of the mountain cities.

Medellin, Colombia would be another place to look into if you want to leave Thailand. There is a large ex-pat community there.