Chalerm To Recruit Police As Teachers In Deep South: Thailand

webfact

total disaster....where do they get these "ideas"? - I use the term in the loosest possible sense because it seems devoid of any real cranial activity.

Chalerm? Apparently they are revealed to him on the bottom of a bottle of whiskey.

Anyway, things like this is why I get a chuckle when some misguided bumpkin stumbles in saying PTP is a leftist government.

This is great news !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now when a policeman is caught doing something really wrong, instead of the famous and classic inactive post, they can now be sent down to the south and try to do some good by teaching...

But wait..........if every police man bought their position for a million baht, and they spend all their time figuring out how to extort money from people, what could they possibly teach children??

Maybe it turns out to education programs for informants - next generation...

Please friends, understand his thinking. Thai children accross the Kingdom have been identified as lacking in mathematical neumeracy skills.

You can't deny it, the Police are the best at adding and subtracting accross the whole Kingdom. They are wasted on the streets. Besides, if kids come to school on their motorbikes without a helmet they will find Mr. Chalerm at the gates with their fine and a free pass to the detention centre, I mean room.

Now why didn't the US think of this.. I love it... (tongue in cheek) no more Sandy Hook or Columbine incidents.. way too cool.

I'm through.. This is so crazy, I can't get my mind around it to say anything worth reading... w00t.gif

• 4 weeks later...

Deputy Prime Minister Chalerm Yubamrung has proposed a plan to recruit border patrol police officers as teachers in the Deep South

Meanwhile, a fellow Deputy Prime Minister in Yingluck's Cabinet....

Education Minister rejects call for Border Patrol Police to replace teachers in Deep South

BANGKOK, 19 February 2013 (NNT) - Deputy Prime Minister and Education Minister Phongthep Thepkanjana rejects the call that teachers in Thailand's southernmost provinces should be replaced by Border Patrol Police, following a series of insurgent attacks on teachers.

The Education Minister said that teachers are not the insurgents' "real target". The teachers wounded or killed in recent days, Mr Phongthep said, only came into the bombing scene incidentally, without being specifically targeted. In this sense, the recent "attacks" on teachers were unlike the preceding ones in which insurgents stormed into schools and killed particularly selected teachers.

He said that teacher volunteers are now being sent into the restive area in response to the teacher shortage, and so there is currently no need for Border Patrol Police to be sent down to teach in their place.

As to the extra benefits to be granted for teachers in the deep South, the Education Minister said he had already proposed a number of them to the cabinet, but they had to be first approved by the cabinet before specific details about them can be made known.

nntlogo.jpg

-- NNT 2013-02-19 footer_n.gif

I thought you had to have certain qualifications to teach?

Possibly Chalerm's son could be sent south to teach after all he has been pronounced qualified to teach police.

you mean picking pimples and wearing skin tight uniforms doesn't equal teacher qualifications in Thailand?