Internet. Who Are You With And Are You Happy?

pattayadingo

TOT are giving me problems again with infrequent internet connections and their customer service is leaving a lot to be desired, sadly. So I am looking to change providers.

3BB want a year in advance but I am reluctant to pay up front for a service that might have problems.

Who else is there? Especially for the Dark Side. A reliable provider.

My TOT connection at home in central Pattaya may not be the fastest in the world, but over the last two years it's generally been reliable and for that I am grateful.

However I just went to the DTAC desk in Big C Extra (the old Carrefour) to pay for another 20 hours out-and-about internet connection for my smartphone - to be told "cannot". Apparently there's some technical problem that is unlikely to be solved for a week or so. I am not so grateful for that.

I've been with TOT for over a year now (South Pattaya, off Thepprasit) and I've been surprised at how good the connection is. I've only got a basic 7 Mbps package for something like 580 Baht/month, but when I am doing multiple downloads it usually does get close to the full 7 Mbps any time I want it, day or night. (I had Sophon cable internet in Jomtien before, and it was appallingly slow during the afternoons.) I think in the last year the TOT connection went down once for most of the day, and on a few other occasions it may have hiccupped for a few seconds and lost the connection, but it was soon back. All in all I'm quite surprised at how good it's been, though the one time I needed their technical support people it was impossible to get through and I ended up having to go to their office on Klang to get assistance.

In south Pattaya just north of Theprassit and using Sophon, 10/1MB. Very happy with the connection and on the occasions where I have problems I am happy with customer service.

Costs? Installation and service charges?

A please and bit of politeness may have got you an answer......

Do as I did and visit the office.

You might find, after a time on TV that these are optional and for the most part go unoticed unrcognized and unappricated, but for you i will make an exception, Dear sir, PLEASE!

How's that? smile.png anyway just curious not really in need at this point. So funny that you are calling me impolite. OMG how ironic is that!!!! just shows you the time you overlook something is the time you get busted, truely sorry as you have got me pegged all wrong (and i thougth i was overly sensitive)

Edited by infinity11

In south Pattaya just north of Theprassit and using Sophon, 10/1MB. Very happy with the connection and on the occasions where I have problems I am happy with customer service.

You might find, after a time on TV that these are optional and for the most part go unoticed unrcognized and unappricated, but for you i will make an exception, Dear sir, PLEASE!

How's that? smile.png anyway just curious not really in need at this point. So funny that you are calling me impolite. OMG how ironic is that!!!! just shows you the time you overlook something is the time you get busted, truely sorry as you have got me pegged all wrong (and i thougth i was overly sensitive)

I think I have may of been around on TV a little longer than you. If you check out my posts, I too can be extremely rude but it is always intentional. If I am asking for information then I always ensure I do it in a polite manner no matter what medium I am using. My parents called it good manners.

The following are approx prices as I had it installed a few years ago.

Installation including modem 2000

Monthly 600, pay 6 months ahead get 1 free pay 12 months ahead get 2 free.

Hope I may have been of help.

Edited by RabC

TOT are giving me problems again with infrequent internet connections and their customer service is leaving a lot to be desired, sadly. So I am looking to change providers.

3BB want a year in advance but I am reluctant to pay up front for a service that might have problems.

Who else is there? Especially for the Dark Side. A reliable provider.

I use true on the dark side and they have been reliable. Have used both their adsl as well as the cable internet.

Sent from my GT-I9100T

Thanks for the answers.

I had a brainstorm after making the post that maybe the on-board ethernet was at fault.

I have been down to Tukom and bought a Dlink 10mbps ethernet card. Installed it and all is working properly. I'll give it some time to see if I suffer the same problems before deciding on a change of provider.

The information will be noted though and useful if my internet does get extremely intermittent again :)

• Like 1

Thanks for the answers.

I had a brainstorm after making the post that maybe the on-board ethernet was at fault.

I have been down to Tukom and bought a Dlink 10mbps ethernet card. Installed it and all is working properly. I'll give it some time to see if I suffer the same problems before deciding on a change of provider.

The information will be noted though and useful if my internet does get extremely intermittent again smile.png

Hope it works for you

Thank you very much!!!!!

Please do not be fooled by post amount, numbers, or dates, ok?

Things are not always what they seem.

Get ti?

What were you banned for before 2009 then?

I COULD have been lurking or other, best not to peg or label or assume the worst.

But THANK YOU VERY MUCH for your input.

biggrin.png

Edited by infinity11

hands down, sophon cable(if available in your area)

I have been with all of them, including CAT business line and all useless with useless customer service.

switched over to sophon about 3 years ago and never been happier.

stable, fast and reliable, fast customer service. the only downside is if you go down on Sunday, need to wait for Monday because the office is shut.

also must pay the bill at their office on pattaya tai.

price list here http://www.sophonbb.net/net/pro.php

Thanks for the answers.

The information will be noted though and useful if my internet does get extremely intermittent again smile.png

Hope it works for you

Thanks.

hands down, sophon cable(if available in your area)

I have been with all of them, including CAT business line and all useless with useless customer service.

switched over to sophon about 3 years ago and never been happier.

stable, fast and reliable, fast customer service. the only downside is if you go down on Sunday, need to wait for Monday because the office is shut.

also must pay the bill at their office on pattaya tai.

price list here http://www.sophonbb.net/net/pro.php

Lemoncake, I didn't post that list as in the last 10 days my speeds have gone from 7/0.5 to 10/1. I did ask when renewing my contract 3 weeks ago why they were more charging than anyone else and they said that should change, so I am guessing that's what's happened with my speed.

Edited by RabC

NO KIDDING ! ! ! Gosh; a little POLITENESS goes a LONG way . . . . .

Good on you !

wai.gif

Using True's package through cable.

Pretty good but I do hope I will never have to deal with their customer service department, as my dealings with them (for some other, mobile, services they offer) have been less then stellar :lol:

Who I am with?

Condo wise: 3BB through a network offering me a 1MB dowload and 512Kbps upload. Not quite happy. Cost THB 0.00

Tablet wise: AIS 3G H+ UMTS HSPDA what ever..........average speed 3MB down and 1Mb up......during peak hours even 6kbps download and 2kbps upload........absolutely NOT happy. Cost THB 899/month

Edited by joepattaya1961

What about Dongle Sim Providers rather than a landline Connection.......

I read much about Dtac's supposed Wifi signal once you purchase an unlimited Package but actually trying to find where this beast is unleashed within Pattaya is another thing........??

Anybody use this service.....??

Edited by Chivas

Been with TOT for years and am happy with the service, although last month they thought my connection problem (first in years) was because of the colour of my modem!

That is my problem too. 2 engineer visits - same engineer both times - said the modem is black so the modem is the problem. Very frustrating. I did buy a new modem but the same colour and same results ;)

All working again at the moment but if the same problems persist I'll change providers - hence the topic.. A shame really as I've been with TOT for over 6 years now and not had issues with them before.

3bb for at least 4 years me thinks... First in Bangkok and now for 1.5 years here on the darkside near lake Mabrachan (sp?). I pay 631 baht per month for what is around 5 meg down and 500kb up. This can be checked using speedtest.net and is pretty consistent with what I am paying for. I watch US football and Viki tv, all pretty good quality with HD like video most of the time. It will get slow on occasion it which power cycle of the modem will normally improve the speed. There is the occasional outage but rare and overall I am very happy with the service....

• 2 weeks later...