Wallet Stolen At Big C Phuket

g00dgirl

My wallet was stolen out of my purse at Big C today. Several security staff said it happens a lot and just 2 days ago there were two other cases of theft.

Watch your stuff at Big C ....

Edited by g00dgirl
  • Like 1

Pretty common crime in many countries. Women leave there handbag in the little "baby seat" part of the shopping trolley. They take a few steps away to look at an item on the shelf and another customer reaches in and takes the purse.

I'm not sure if this is what happened to you, but this is a common method. Check back with Big C in the future, Many times they take the cash and put the purse behind other products on the shelf and leave the store. Staff may find it when repacking the shelf. You may recover your purse with ID card or similar documents.

Edited by NamKangMan

I think, the point is : Big C has lots of cams, but in this case, it looks like "no work", "can not show", "you can't watch".

Reminds me on the CCTV's in Patong. Every time, the Tuk Tuk gang get blamed, And in case, there is no prove on CCTV footage, that it is a falsely accuse.

Maybe op needs to accuse someone from Big C.Then the CCTV footage will sort this person out and another one get pushed into the picture, maybe.

'Oh, sorry, but that was a honest mistake'

Days since I've seen something favourable or positive in Phuket: 76,893

Why stay here? Serious question.

If I had your outlook on Phuket I would have left long ago.

Not your concern why someone stays or doesn't and the old "if you don't like it, leave" reply is so hackneyed.

If everyone left who didn't like it Phuket and Pattaya would be pretty empty.

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing (or leave)— Albert Einstein

Days since I've seen something favourable or positive in Phuket: 76,893

Why stay here? Serious question.

If I had your outlook on Phuket I would have left long ago.

Not your concern why someone stays or doesn't and the old "if you don't like it, leave" reply is so hackneyed.

If everyone left who didn't like it Phuket and Pattaya would be pretty empty.

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing (or leave)— Albert Einstein

I asked a question. I didnt use the overused line of if you don't like it, leave.

If I was so unhappy and negative, I wouldnt stick around so I'm curious to why someone would continue to reside somewhere they obviously don't enjoy.

Edited by hansgruber

I have left twice my key with visible band to the scooter. Once about half an year ago in the night market. After an hour when I came back, it was still there.

Second time was last weekend at Phuket town when I went to take some photos. Same results.

Well, I guess I just need to be more careful, as some day I might not be as lucky.

I have left twice my key with visible band to the scooter. Once about half an year ago in the night market. After an hour when I came back, it was still there.

Second time was last weekend at Phuket town when I went to take some photos. Same results.

As they can't be mentally aware of your bike as they are heading for it head-on going the wrong way down the road, expecting them to be mentally aware of it while it's completely stationary is expecting a bit much, really.

Well, I guess I just need to be more careful, as some day I might not be as lucky.

Obviously, you were lucky there were no naked Italian men around the area at the time. :) :) :) :)

• Like 2

Obviously, you were lucky there were no naked Italian men around the area at the time. smile.pngsmile.pngsmile.pngsmile.png

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Phuket is a beautiful part of the world. From my experience first as a tourist and then an expat residing in Phuket is that the island is suffering from a combination of many things. It all stems down to one thing. Not rocket science at all. It's MONEY. Everyone it seems is on the island to cash in. It starts the minute you get off the plane. Taxi drivers trying to rort you by overcharging you, double dipping on tourists that have already paid for an individual taxi, Then there is the "stop at the depot" so the girls can come out and try to get you to change hotels so they can get a little kick back...its a procession of tourists being exploited and it does not stop until your on the plane home.

The bars are there to make money. The girls are there to make money, The foreign business owners are there to make money. The locals want their share and of course there is the Police.

I would guess a big reason that people are resorting to crime there is that even though the tourist industry is booming, the Thai's are their own worst enemy at helping their fellow countryman. Instead of local men working they employ truckloads of Burmese workers to complete construction projects. The Thai men seem to be disgruntled and a lot I have dealt with have a healthy dislike for tourists. It's almost impossible for them to get a job/girl/housing so they turn on the source of income that feeds the islands greed. The farang.

Everybody wants to get something from someone. I took my 14 year old daughter for a holiday in Thailand 2 xmas's ago and the first thing she saw was a taxi driver, at the airport limo taxi service, refusing to take us (we had already paid at the counter inside) because we would not ride with 3 other people who were also heading to Patong. She could not believe that a bag of watermelon costs up to 40 baht for us, but only 10 baht for my thai partner to buy. Prices weren't the same for farangs as they were for Thai's. In her words..."Dad, imagine if we took AJ (my Thai partner) to Movieworld in Australia and they asked her? Where are you from and she said Thailand, and they said...oh ok well its $110 dollars for you and then they look at us and say Aussie? sweet as its 30 bucks for you.

That is the blatant negative picture they are sending out so even a 14 year old girl can see that many Thai's aren't the friendly smiling people she saw on the Thai Airways safety video, They are greedy people that just want our money. If people can't make money off you legally, then they are going to get it illegally.

I'm not on here to bash Thailand I still love the place and have few worries whilst I reside there. Patong itself has so many things going wrong. In my opinion, its not going to change in a big hurry because the clean out of corruption and bad practice needs to start at the top and filter all the way back down. I can't see it happening in my lifetime though.

Phuket is a beautiful part of the world. From my experience first as a tourist and then an expat residing in Phuket is that the island is suffering from a combination of many things. It all stems down to one thing. Not rocket science at all. It's MONEY. Everyone it seems is on the island to cash in. It starts the minute you get off the plane. Taxi drivers trying to rort you by overcharging you, double dipping on tourists that have already paid for an individual taxi, Then there is the "stop at the depot" so the girls can come out and try to get you to change hotels so they can get a little kick back...its a procession of tourists being exploited and it does not stop until your on the plane home.

The bars are there to make money. The girls are there to make money, The foreign business owners are there to make money. The locals want their share and of course there is the Police.

I would guess a big reason that people are resorting to crime there is that even though the tourist industry is booming, the Thai's are their own worst enemy at helping their fellow countryman. Instead of local men working they employ truckloads of Burmese workers to complete construction projects. The Thai men seem to be disgruntled and a lot I have dealt with have a healthy dislike for tourists. It's almost impossible for them to get a job/girl/housing so they turn on the source of income that feeds the islands greed. The farang.

Everybody wants to get something from someone. I took my 14 year old daughter for a holiday in Thailand 2 xmas's ago and the first thing she saw was a taxi driver, at the airport limo taxi service, refusing to take us (we had already paid at the counter inside) because we would not ride with 3 other people who were also heading to Patong. She could not believe that a bag of watermelon costs up to 40 baht for us, but only 10 baht for my thai partner to buy. Prices weren't the same for farangs as they were for Thai's. In her words..."Dad, imagine if we took AJ (my Thai partner) to Movieworld in Australia and they asked her? Where are you from and she said Thailand, and they said...oh ok well its $110 dollars for you and then they look at us and say Aussie? sweet as its 30 bucks for you.

That is the blatant negative picture they are sending out so even a 14 year old girl can see that many Thai's aren't the friendly smiling people she saw on the Thai Airways safety video, They are greedy people that just want our money. If people can't make money off you legally, then they are going to get it illegally.

I'm not on here to bash Thailand I still love the place and have few worries whilst I reside there. Patong itself has so many things going wrong. In my opinion, its not going to change in a big hurry because the clean out of corruption and bad practice needs to start at the top and filter all the way back down. I can't see it happening in my lifetime though.

Too long. Move along.

Any connection with a stolen wallet at Big C?