How To Watch Us And Uk Content From Thailand

Jayman

I searched the forum and found no mention at all of hidemynet. The fact that with the coupon you can lock in the rate of $25 per year for life is a super great deal considering that every other service mentioned in the forum costs considerably more than that.

It does what unblock us does as well as a private http proxy and full blown VPN. P2P is also supported by many of the VPN hosts.

Until I paid for the service I was using one of the many free alternatives available for this but the speed and reliability of free services will also be behind that of a paid service.

Edited by Jayman

I know there have been several topics on this subject but I have recently found a free solution to watching content like Hulu, Netflix, Pandora, BBC.co.uk/iplayer, ITV.com/itvplayer.

http://hola.org/unblocker.html

I just tried the FF Hola unblocker and it only mentions hula, netflix and pandora? No mention of BBC or ITV? Am I misunderstanding something? Certainly I cannot access those two iplayers with the unblocker enabled.

I know there have been several topics on this subject but I have recently found a free solution to watching content like Hulu, Netflix, Pandora, BBC.co.uk/iplayer, ITV.com/itvplayer.

I just tried the FF Hola unblocker and it only mentions hula, netflix and pandora? No mention of BBC or ITV? Am I misunderstanding something? Certainly I cannot access those two iplayers with the unblocker enabled.

I'm using the ITV player right now using the Chrome extension.No need for the windows client ;)

• Like 1

I'm using the ITV player right now using the Chrome extension.No need for the windows client wink.png

Hey thanks for that info, I don;t use Chrome as much and now see that Hola unblocker fro Chrome has more options than FF including BBC & ITV. Both players work on my True ISP, something I could never get to work before with others like unblock.us. Thanks.biggrin.png

Thanks Jayman for the find. Always nice to have an alternative, free and easy access route to US /UK programs.

For info....Using SRWare Iron (Chrome), HD stream from BBCiPlayer re buffers every minute or so, SD very stable . thats for me ymmv.

The fact that with the coupon you can lock in the rate of $25 per year for life is a super great deal considering that every other service mentioned in the forum costs considerably more than that.

Hi

I have a Lamnia VPN, recommended by a friend some years ago but the price is 65GBP and I often find videos won't play because of latency issues.

How do you find HMN? It's certainly cheap and if the annual renewal has no small print then 25USD sounds like a great price.

Thanks for the Hola heads up too. :-)

So far I find it to be rather adequate. For certain their support is very responsive. Today I am having an issue connecting to the singapore server and I opened a trouble ticket and received an immediate response that the Singapore server is offline. I asked if there was a page to monitor the status of the servers and was told that is it extremely unusual for a server to be offline and this was due to a failure in either software/hardware.

Considering there is a broad list of servers to chose from it's not a big deal to me to find the SNG server down temporarily.

I am using their http proxy, L2TP VPN, openVPN (on my android), and the DNS proxy.

All have performed as expected. Using the dns proxy I am able to stream pandora on my android phone as well as hulu.

There are free alternatives to doing some of this but for the $25 yearly (lifetime) price point I just couldn't pass on these guys.

I will address some of your other questions and concerns when I get a chance later this evening but just wanted to make sure you are aware that with the coupon code

50OFF2013

it will take 50% off of your order and guarantee you the rate for life. That means you get the service for $25 per year and renewable at that rate forever.

You can setup all their services and use any you want. They all have a slightly different use but many of them will work the same for what you need. You can chose whatever proxy you want. Be it in the US, UK or one of many other counties they have proxy's at.

http://www.hidemynet.com/network/

No need to contact them to switch. You can switch at will and quite easily. You can have multiple counties setup so changing from one to another is as easy as clicking a button in your browser or on your desktop.

Go for torrents

Join a tracker, like thebox.bz, free but needs registration

Then download programmes to watch at you leisure,

not just when they are broadcast

Everything available, news broadcasts, documentaries, series, movies etc

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm using the ITV player right now using the Chrome extension.No need for the windows client wink.png

Hey thanks for that info, I don;t use Chrome as much and now see that Hola unblocker fro Chrome has more options than FF including BBC & ITV. Both players work on my True ISP, something I could never get to work before with others like unblock.us. Thanks.biggrin.png

I have given up with using Chrome as I continuously get the message "Couldn't Load Plug In" error message when trying to view flash video. Even Googles own YouTube doesn't work, let alone Hola Unblocker.

** BUT, now I notice Hola Unblocker for Firefox also works for more sites now such as BBC & ITV (which were previously missing), so problem solved there. Why is Chrome so <deleted> I wonder - no time to reinstall it yet and no clear answers on Google search?

• 1 month later...

Recently bought a Samsung Smart TV and got straight onto Netflix through Uno Telly (www.untotelly.com) - free trial and relatively inexpensive monthly fees afterwards.

Not having as much luck with the iplayer as this requires flash to be installed and cant do that onto the TV. Any suggestions welcome!

The quickest solution would be to add a vpn router to your network and sign up with a vpn provider. StrongVPN have links to preconfigured systems on their website, but at the end of the day any router that supports tomato or ddwrt and a us vpn (i do strongly recommend strongvpn) will allow this. I've successfully set up an asus rt16 and linksys wrt54g it's not especially simple but once it's up and running works perfectly.

Recently bought a Samsung Smart TV and got straight onto Netflix through Uno Telly (www.untotelly.com) - free trial and relatively inexpensive monthly fees afterwards.

Not having as much luck with the iplayer as this requires flash to be installed and cant do that onto the TV. Any suggestions welcome!

Not sure why it won't work on your TV.A few months back I was trying all that sort of stuff on my Sony TV and had the iplayer working.In fact,from all the other UK based players,iplayer was the only one that actually worked.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been playing around with the free trial of UnoDNS this past week, and testing it both on Firefox and Chrome browsers using Flash 11.7.7. The results have been pretty good, but not perfect, including some channels that Uno advertises as unblocking not working when I tried them.

Thus far, certainly not enough to make me want to ditch my current private U.S. proxy service (getfoxyproxy.org), which works on everything based in the U.S., in favor of Uno. FoxyProxy is $54 a year for their U.S. service, which works out to $4.50 per month. So it's a little more expensive than Uno, but I like not having to worry whether any particular resource either works or doesn't work with Uno. With the U.S. proxy, everything in the U.S. works.

With that said, here's the results I got testing UnoDNS:

Amazon Instant Prime Video -- OK

NFL Game Rewind -- not play on FF or Chrome (Uno advertises the NFL working, but doesn't specifically reference their Game Rewind service).

Hulu Free -- won't play on FF, will play with Chrome.

Spotify -- OK

BBC TV IPlayer -- OK

Pandora -- OK

Fox TV -- won't play on FF, will play with Chrome

USA Network - won't play in FF or Chrome

UK ITV Player -- varies, sometimes plays, sometimes doesn't, sometimes prompts for UK postal code.

Google Play Store -- OK

Showtime -- won't play - video cannot be viewed from your country.

VUDU -- OK

Just wanted to post an update on my experience with hidemynet.

For the price (lowest I could find), it is a wonderful service. Any issues I have had have been quickly address by the support staff. Several of the VPN proxies offered allow P2P through the proxy (Singapore is one). I find the speeds when going through the VPN to be MUCH faster than when using a direct connection (I'm with TRUE cable).

As an example, I use a seedbox to download my torrents and then using cuteftp's multi thread ability I transfer the files via FTP from the seedbox to my local network. When doing the FTP with my direct connection using 8 threads I should be getting max BW but it ends up being hit or miss as to how fat I can pull the files. The max being close to my full BW. I then immediately connect through the Singapore VPN and start the FTP and I get incredible speeds that even appear to exceed my stated BW. Of course I'm trying this experiment right now and getting slow transfers no matter what I do. Maybe that's due to heavy usage on Sunday nights.

Oh well, for the $25 I paid for the year, I'm more than satisfied with the results.

To answer a question that was raised in an earlier post, you don't have to chose with of the methods you want to use with hidemynet. They are all available to you and you could switch between them as you please. They have very complete setup guides for each method on many different platforms. They even have a page that explains the difference between the methods and why you might want to use one over another.