Buy Online With Amazon Or In Thailand ?

Aforek

Hello,

I just bought a Kindle 4 from this site

http://www.ereaderthailand.com/

3520 bahts , bank transfert included ( it took 3 weeks, because I think they bought it in U.S; better I do it myself ) ; I have seen the prices of Amazon. us ( Amazon france, my country, doesn't send items outside France ), and it's much cheaper in US

But for american people who live in Thailand and receive items from Amazon us, is it much cheaper than to buy in Thailand ?

I want to buy a cover and a charger , and I wonder if it's not better to buy with Amazon ( the thai site asks 1990 bahts for the cover and 700 bahts for the charger )

usually, for more expensive items, is it better to buy from amazon. us ?

excuse my rough english Thanks

I never buy anything on amazon because you can get raped and pillaged on inconsistent and unsavory "import fees". The best thing to do, not always possible I know, is send an order to a friend or family member coming and have them bring it. Takes a little longer, but the big <deleted> to the Thai system is worth it alone, not to mention the 50% to 100% you will save.

I never buy anything on amazon because you can get raped and pillaged on inconsistent and unsavory "import fees". The best thing to do, not always possible I know, is send an order to a friend or family member coming and have them bring it. Takes a little longer, but the big <deleted> to the Thai system is worth it alone, not to mention the 50% to 100% you will save.

Happened to me too. Don't bother with it. Open an account in your Misses name and you get your stuff as smooth as silk.

to the op: nooks, kindles and whatsoever use a micro usb jack. You'll find chargers in your local phone shop. (approx: 120 THB) if you want to do yourself a favour, than you pay a bit more and buy a 1000mA instead a 500mA charger . That's recommended by the manufactures anyway.

where are you located at? here in bkk it is pretty easy to find a cover for your kindle.

Edited by JakeBKK

For the cover try B2S, they had nice ones for 500 baht.

Charger generic USB for 1-200 baht will work fine.

AMAZON.COM dors not ship all items to thailand. And import duty is a question of lhck, really. Books never have duty, electronics in about 50%.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Amazon will not sell or deliver many items to Asia. You are better served by buying in the Kingdom, than a chancy overseas shipment. Also, you should consider warranty coverage. If you live here, buy here.