Replace Keyboard Laptop

ZerOlivier

I was quoted 3200 baht at a shop in Pantip plaza.

way to much .

haggle a bit more. depending on the type the should go for around 2000 thb. 3,2k is a rip-off

If you order in bulk (minimum 5 pcs) from china the price is 13 USD per unit.

I was quoted 3200 baht at a shop in Pantip plaza.

way to much .

haggle a bit more. depending on the type the should go for around 2000 thb. 3,2k is a rip-off

If you order in bulk (minimum 5 pcs) from china the price is 13 USD per unit.

It's a petty when you usually need one !rolleyes.gif

it's usually a broken layer on the board when you have a row of keys not working. The rubber caps behind the keys like to wear out , too. ( single key failure) If it is a broken layer the best solution would be conductive paint., unless you have a pretty sophisticated soldering iron of course.

Another simple fix could be : disconnect the keyboard mini connector, use a eraser to clean the contacts. whiff some contact cleaner in the mini jack and try again !

Edited by JakeBKK

Excuse my ignorence;what is a "keyboard mini connector"?Where to find it? My laptop is an Acer aspire 4920. One key doesn`t work,the "p".How to remove the keyboard? Don`t want to destroy the complete laptop....

Edited by Bosse137

At Pantip Plaza on the first floor way in the back there is a big shop that deals strictly in batteries, and keyboards, they charge bt600 to change a laptop keyboard, and that price does include the new keyboard. Their shop is the one all the other repair shops at Pantip buy their keyboards from, and why all the other shops charge more.

I had to get a replacement for a CPQ keyboard about a year ago. Went to one of the places that specializes in replacement parts. The official HP-CPQ keyboard was more than 3,000b, the generic was app. 700b. Probably the same thing with different packaging. Guess which one I went with.

Of course they are going to try to get you to buy the more expensive one.

There are several in both Panthip and Fortune, and even the IT malls in provincial cities like Khon Khaen.

I had to get a replacement for a CPQ keyboard about a year ago. Went to one of the places that specializes in replacement parts. The official HP-CPQ keyboard was more than 3,000b, the generic was app. 700b. Probably the same thing with different packaging. Guess which one I went with.

Of course they are going to try to get you to buy the more expensive one.

There are several in both Panthip and Fortune, and even the IT malls in provincial cities like Khon Khaen.

do they also have plain English replacement keyboards without the Thai signs on them?