3 Frenchmen Mistakenly Beaten By Brutal Mixx Bouncers In Pattaya Walking Street

webfact

All those upstanding gentlemen linked to the police in world's biggest open air brothel will get away with everything including the many murders and extortion. Just stay away from Pattaya and Phuket there are so many better places in Thailand. Those places are so incredibly screwed up that you don't want to be found dead over there.

Shouldn't you be saying

Those places are so incredibly screwed up that you don't want to will probably be found dead over there.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even if they were the ones who threw ice, it was a criminal offence to assault them with batons, knuckle dusters and stun guns. The knuckle dusters are illegal offensive weapons, I believe, and the stun guns require licenses to own and carry in public just like handguns. No suggestion in the article that the bouncers were guilty of anything other than the usual "honest" mistake.

It's impossible to believe they misunderstood that customers complaining about having ice thrown at them had thrown the ice.

The French have a way of being arrogantly affronted. And when they do this it tends to spur reactions from the people that are trying to deal with them - none of which makes the situation better. Late hours, alcohol, celebration, partytown, everything goes - - - until it doesn't.....

• Like 1

Ah - Stalking Street the SAFE Tourist area wher 500 + Police are making it a ZERO crime area.

BUT the local bouncers can be armed with Stun Guns , Brass Knuckles , Batons ??? Yahooooo !

That'll stop crime & anti socialbehaviour.

Especially when you see the 'Training" the Club Security receive............................555

sad.png

stopped the french guys cheesy.gif

IMHO Thai bouncers, along with the vast majority of people in the LOS, are very slow to resort to violence. Erroneous or not, if they thought the frenchmen were the instigators, they would not have started by launching an attack, but by a more civil approach. Most likely what happened is an over-aggressive reaction by the possibly innocent French tourists which escalated when they refused to cooperate. It is so easy in this country to avoid trouble, but I would guess the group were sick of being treated as if they were active members of Al Qaeda and reacted the wrong way.

Peterdarby have you had your head in a hole somewhere. "Bouncers slow to resort to violence"....maybe you don't realise that there is attack or altercation involving bouncers every night on Walking Str and sometimes more. A lot of these guys are pack violent and know that 99% of the time the police will not even bother investigating unless the tourist files a complaint, even then it's a few baht fine and a handshake. You are right in your assumption that most people who are assaulted by these thugs will try to fight back in some way, but then the pack instinct takes over and they get stomped. True story dude.

Whats the name of the other place, Insomnia?

Pattaya, just keeps getting better and better by the day, you really couldnt make this shit up.

Mixx, thats the place that charges 160 baht for an 8 baht bottle of water isnt it?

If you want to pay 8 baht for a bottle of water buy it from 7-11, don't be stupid enough to expect it from a late night entertainment place. They do it partly to keep cheap bastard advantage-takers out.

You do know that every bar, or anywhere that commercially offers anything for sale, charges a premium? Even that bottle of water that you pay 8 baht for costs the bar/shop less than that.

I don't think that there was any mistake ,they intended to beat someone...... they seem to think beating customers is ok? Brass knuckles? Batons? <deleted>?

What happened to: "Could you kindly leave, Sir? Your custom is no longer welcome here.? Or a local equivalent.

How about licences for security, codes of conduct, legal training in use of force allowed? Oh, I forgot, that would involve common sense.

That WAS the local equivalent!

All those upstanding gentlemen linked to the police in world's biggest open air brothel will get away with everything including the many murders and extortion. Just stay away from Pattaya and Phuket there are so many better places in Thailand. Those places are so incredibly screwed up that you don't want to be found dead over there.

100 % right !

I am bored at the moment, so I will comment on some of the posts made after my last comment.

I believe that these Thais reacted. Thais at venues like this one purely are reactionary. They usually do not get it into their heads to initiate aggression above their job responibilities and duties for no legitimate reason. I have diffused any aggressive Thai every single time with a smile and an apology; simply because I know what comes next if I "stand up for my rights". In this country, there is plenty of time to smooth things out AFTER things cool down with a smile and an apology. Thais are much like 9-year old children; all love or all hate. Cool them down and they will click back into their "mai pen rai" mode

Legitimates reasons for Thai workers reacting on patrons could be: being rude, loud, not tipping, complaining, asking for an explanation on every single item purchased, argueing about prices, grabbing at the workers, being arrogant, and so on. These will light a short fuse. Russians are guilty of same but they usually have sense enough to hang out in exclusively ran Russian venues where this behavior is expected and catered to.

Some of the racial profiling in the prior threads I will have to agree with; French and names sounding like "Muhammad" fall into a category of people I have had the regrettable experience of running into when I used to be out all night long. Their behavior was exactly as I listed above, without exception, and especiually when they were in groups. Incidentally, being named Muhammad is, according to my research, something that is done out of love, respect and reverence to (according to Islam) the last and final prophet and messenger sent by God to guide mankind towards the path of righteousness. So: what in Hell is a man named Muhammad doing out at 5am getting drunk and angering the locals? He is shaming everything he stands for, including his parents.

Not even I would be stupid enough to go out and get drunk and tell people my name is Jesus, and demand justice after I had gotten my ass kicked for being an asshol_e.

5am + alcohol + superiority complex = a very painfull reality check and lucky to be alive to tell about it.

Good post... clap2.gif

Tourist and foreigner need to be extra careful in such places, best is to go with some local friends in case of any problem at least no language issue......otherwise, you will just need to take risk while enjoying in other country, remember this is not your own country and sure don't expect people understand what you say and do what you expect them to do as in your own country.

Just my 2 cents. wai.gif

And where do you think most make local friends?

That depend what's the aim of coming to Thailand. Some of my foreign friends make some local friends from work, from school they attend......and of course lot of sex tourist make friends in agogo bar. And usually those in trouble are sex tourists whistling.gif

Trying to make sense out of the behaviors of a bunch of drunks at 5am in the morning are we?

One thing for certain; Thais at these places are usually quite accomodating if you are nice to them and let them in on your little party atmosphere. I have never known Thais at any of these venues to behave in this manner if the patrons are polite, in a good mood, smile, laugh, tip and buy a drink or two for the staff who are working their asses off in a job they most lilely would not like to be working; taking care of a bunch of drunken <deleted> at 5am on ANY morning, after they've been drinking for several hours.

My vote goes to the Thais this time.

Agree. Somebody is almost always never telling the whole story.

I am bored at the moment, so I will comment on some of the posts made after my last comment.

I believe that these Thais reacted. Thais at venues like this one purely are reactionary. They usually do not get it into their heads to initiate aggression above their job responibilities and duties for no legitimate reason. I have diffused any aggressive Thai every single time with a smile and an apology; simply because I know what comes next if I "stand up for my rights". In this country, there is plenty of time to smooth things out AFTER things cool down with a smile and an apology. Thais are much like 9-year old children; all love or all hate. Cool them down and they will click back into their "mai pen rai" mode

Legitimates reasons for Thai workers reacting on patrons could be: being rude, loud, not tipping, complaining, asking for an explanation on every single item purchased, argueing about prices, grabbing at the workers, being arrogant, and so on. These will light a short fuse. Russians are guilty of same but they usually have sense enough to hang out in exclusively ran Russian venues where this behavior is expected and catered to.

Some of the racial profiling in the prior threads I will have to agree with; French and names sounding like "Muhammad" fall into a category of people I have had the regrettable experience of running into when I used to be out all night long. Their behavior was exactly as I listed above, without exception, and especiually when they were in groups. Incidentally, being named Muhammad is, according to my research, something that is done out of love, respect and reverence to (according to Islam) the last and final prophet and messenger sent by God to guide mankind towards the path of righteousness. So: what in Hell is a man named Muhammad doing out at 5am getting drunk and angering the locals? He is shaming everything he stands for, including his parents.

Not even I would be stupid enough to go out and get drunk and tell people my name is Jesus, and demand justice after I had gotten my ass kicked for being an asshol_e.

5am + alcohol + superiority complex = a very painfull reality check and lucky to be alive to tell about it.

No need to refer/accept terms to "racaille" or any religion in this thread.

Otherwise make an acceptable screening at the airport in BKK which persons are not blaming their parrents, nor religion if they pass at the immigration control.

Come back with your results and findings about this please.

You will be stucked between Sodom & Gomorra and the famous lapidation of the prostitute in the Bible.

The French guys from the Mixx's didn't know the rules from Pattaya...

No problem, you can still throw your stone now...

Like where?

When you have an establishment run by over populous Russian gangsters - well - I leave the rest to your thoughts.

Walking st, Pattaya or are you talking about Mixx?

Edited by davethailand

As holder of a French passport, I am sorry to have to agree.

Except for the 'without exception' - I have met quite a few French people with funny names that are good guys.

Edited by manarak
  • Like 1

Look at some big size drunken farang make a fool of themselve and disturbing others, i don't see why local Thai bouncers cannot be armed with Stun Guns , Brass Knuckles , Batons ???

Hell ! why not shotguns & Pistols ????

Now that is being 'equalised'

cheesy.gif

I fully agree with you.

As French passport holder, I perfectly know what is the behavior of these people with that kind of names...

They try to impose halal food everywhere in France, want us to avoid to eat pork, but are drinking till being drunk in Thailand...

They are "racaille" everywhere they go, without any respect for Thai people and for Thailand, without any respect at all, and took the habit of complaining for all, even if they are responsible of the event.

Curiously, all "French men" who are involved with police in Thailand have this kind of names...

They are the shame of France and do not desserve a French passport !

Edited by jadejames
  • Like 1