Norwegian Shot By Ex-Wife's New Thai Husband

webfact

"KHAMPHAENG PHET – January 27, 2013 [PDN]; at 12 p.m., a report of a man being shot and injured "

"During questioning, Mr. Manoonsak said he had been sleeping in the bedroom on the third floor with his wife, whom he recently married. She was identified as Ms. Piyathida Singreuang, age 34, the owner of the restaurant downstairs".

Some questions of my learned friend m'lud.

1. Where were these people when this incident happened? Kamphaeng Phet province or Nakhon Sawan province?

2. Why were Mr Manoonsak and his wife in the sack at noon?

3. Why wasn't she cooking food downstairs in her restaurant?

• Like 1

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Read the threads on guns. Its a lot safer to have a gun, so the argument goes."

Well....can't say the argument worked well for this guy......I guess it depends on who pulls..(squeezes) the trigger and where the gun is pointed...

Of course lets not forget in all this, if the ex honoured the custodial agreement, perhaps it may not have occurred.

Daughter sick. Sounds like if this guy went off the deep end, then it may have not been the first refusal. 2 Thais vs 1 farang. Probably not going to get much help there.

It doesn't condone his actions, but everything happens for a reason. Be interesting to see who actually owns the handgun.

Edited by Fozfromoz

"KHAMPHAENG PHET – January 27, 2013 [PDN]; at 12 p.m., a report of a man being shot and injured "

"During questioning, Mr. Manoonsak said he had been sleeping in the bedroom on the third floor with his wife, whom he recently married. She was identified as Ms. Piyathida Singreuang, age 34, the owner of the restaurant downstairs".

1. Where were these people when this incident happened? Kamphaeng Phet province or Nakhon Sawan province?

From what I can read of the OP

1. The shooting happened in Nai Muang Khampaeng Phet which is in the provincial town/city of Khampaneg Phet province and the wounded Norwegian was taken to a hospital with better facilities in Nakhon Sawan 125 km south of Khampaeng Phet.

2. If it is a restaurant which only opens in the evenings and closes in the early hours of the morning, why wouldn't they still be in bed at noon?

3. See 2 above.

Does that answer your questions?

When I used to work night shifts depending on what time I went to bed I wouldn't get up until mid afternoon either.

Edited by billd766
  • Like 2

1. The shooting happened in Nai Muang Khampaeng Phet which is in the provincial town/city of Khampaneg Phet province and the wounded Norwegian was taken to a hospital with better facilities in Nakhon Sawan 125 km south of Khampaeng Phet.

2. If it is a restaurant which only opens in the evenings and closes in the early hours of the morning, why wouldn't they still be in bed at noon?

3. See 2 above.

When I used to work night shifts depending on what time I went to bed I wouldn't get up until mid afternoon either.

It's Kamphaeng Phet. The road is spelled differently on Google Earth, in English. Thanon Wungkang. 16° 28.771'N, 99° 31.923'E is a spot on the road, but not that of the restaurant.

The whole story is suspect.

What a thread this is becoming, the speculation is increasing.....

I can't stand the suspense.

When will someone suggest that Mr and Mrs Thai were a couple all along and that Mr Norway had served his purpose.

or is that what Briggsy meant in his post Was this a Toby Charnaud style murder that the planned victim managed to survive?

• Like 2

3. See 2 above.

The Nation Channel news puts the location of the incident at the pinned flag :

norway4_zps1292055c.png

• Like 1

A gun on the floor is unlikely a gun that goes of by itself "twice".

Once on the drop ,maybe yes.

The slide on the automatic reload would most likely jam on the next round from the magazine,

as the reload is too soft without a firm grip on the handle.

He can try and smile his way out of this one all he likes,

but the police will not believe this chap one bit,

Because they all own many guns.

3. See 2 above.

norway4_zps1292055c.png

Not even close. The pinned flag is in Nakhon Chum, in a rice field, across the river from Nai Mueng. My spot (see above) came from someone that has lived in Kamphaeng Phet all of their life. Actually, a relative of mine lives on that street.

Edited by Barontt

Of course lets not forget in all this, if the ex honoured the custodial agreement, perhaps it may not have occurred.

Daughter sick. Sounds like if this guy went off the deep end, then it may have not been the first refusal. 2 Thais vs 1 farang. Probably not going to get much help there.

It doesn't condone his actions, but everything happens for a reason. Be interesting to see who actually owns the handgun.

Should be easy ,just control fingerprints inside the gun and cartridge ,and owners print will be all over..

quote - "Both men tried to grab the gun, and during their struggle the gun automatically shot by itself twice. Mr. Thomas was shot in the neck, and was severely injured and bleeding heavily" Am always amazed at guns which go off "automatically" when handled by a Thai or mysterious moto-drivers which cause Thai people to have violent road accidents. This is a land of mystery & ghosts if one were to believe stories associated with the high crime & accident rates in Thailand. Truly amazing.....and very anal, to boot !!

lets hope Norway guy wake up, and correct the story,, will probaly be, that is the Thai guys gun ,and he tryed kill him. that will be the outcome.. a Norwegian would never bring a gun to pick up his child . The story in Thai avisa smell big time.. but in end will boil away in the Thai guys favour..

oh, if thats the case, then it must have been the Thai's fault.

A gun on the floor is unlikely a gun that goes of by itself "twice".

Once on the drop ,maybe yes.

The slide on the automatic reload would most likely jam on the next round from the magazine,

as the reload is too soft without a firm grip on the handle.

He can try and smile his way out of this one all he likes,

but the police will not believe this chap one bit,

Because they all own many guns.

Ah, more cold hard facts against the Thai.

I hope he fries given this irrefutable and overwhelming evidence

• Like 1

Not even close. The pinned flag is in Nakhon Chum, across the river from Nai Mueng. My spot (see above) came from someone that has lived in Kamphaemg Phet all of their life. Actually, a relative of mine lives on that street.

If that's the case, I would urge your associate/relative to contact the responsible party.

The Nation Channel

• 1858/129 Floor 32 Bangna-Trat Road, Bangna, Bangkok 10260 Thailand.
  • TEL 66-2-338-3000

Not even close. The pinned flag is in Nakhon Chum, across the river from Nai Mueng. My spot (see above) came from someone that has lived in Kamphaemg Phet all of their life. Actually, a relative of mine lives on that street.

If that's the case, I would urge your associate/relative to contact the responsible party.

The Nation Channel

• TEL 66-2-338-3000

Why? They make stupid mistakes all of the time. Also, you can simply look on a map and see their pinned location is ridiculous. Maybe you contact them and ask them to verify. Geez... just look in Google Earth!

Edited by Barontt

3. See 2 above.

Thank you for the clarification.thumbsup.gif

The Nation Channel

• TEL 66-2-338-3000

Why? They make stupid mistakes all of the time. Also, you can simply look on a map and see their pinned location is ridiculous. Maybe you contact them and ask them to verify.

If you/they choose not to take the opportunity to correct at least one of their stupid mistakes, up to you/they.

I just thought you may want to contact them as you have the information, I don't.

For me, it's also not that important.

The Nation Channel

• TEL 66-2-338-3000

Why? They make stupid mistakes all of the time. Also, you can simply look on a map and see their pinned location is ridiculous. Maybe you contact them and ask them to verify.

If you/they choose not to take the opportunity to correct at least one of their stupid mistakes, up to you/they.

I just thought you may want to contact them as you have the information, I don't.

For me, it's also not that important.

Sorry for being lazy, but I see no need to call them or write them a letter. If it were simply a matter of sending them an e-mail, then I probably would. A phone call? Geez... probably have to go through several people for something that is not in my best interest. Simply look at the location in Google Earth. It's in a dam_n field! Look it up, Nai Meuang. No where near their pin placement.

It never ceases to amaze me how quick a lot of TV posters are to make up their minds on who is guilty and who is innocent before all of the facts are in. It's actually a bit disturbing.

What's disturbing about it ?

This is not a court and we are not Jurors. It is just an Internet forum

• Like 1

I guess there is absolutely no chance that the gun actually belonged to the Thai husband, and that the two Thai's are simply lying about what happened, knowing that the Norwegian can't currently tell his side of the story, and even when he can, it will be a foreigners word agaisnt 2 Thais - in Thailand :-)

Maybe the Norwegian is the bad guy, but in case he is not, the only thing that will save him is a certificate showing that the gun did in fact belong to the Thai guy. It is however likely that the gun is illegally obtained, and that it cannot be proved who owns it.

It never ceases to amaze me how quick a lot of TV posters are to make up their minds on who is guilty and who is innocent before all of the facts are in. It's actually a bit disturbing.

What's disturbing about it ?

This is not a court and we are not Jurors. It is just an Internet forum

Fair enough. Just my opinion.

I guess there is absolutely no chance that the gun actually belonged to the Thai husband, and that the two Thai's are simply lying about what happened, knowing that the Norwegian can't currently tell his side of the story, and even when he can, it will be a foreigners word agaisnt 2 Thais - in Thailand :-)

Maybe the Norwegian is the bad guy, but in case he is not, the only thing that will save him is a certificate showing that the gun did in fact belong to the Thai guy. It is however likely that the gun is illegally obtained, and that it cannot be proved who owns it.

Ahh.... it seems you understand.... BTW, many Thais are commenting on their websites.. It is normal ... Thai woman with Thai man