Modem And Connection Question(S) Maybe 1 For Techies....

pattayadingo

One or two torrent hunter can really spoil the speed in your neigborhood! All day, all night!

Don't fall for that anti-torrent propaganda...

Even the most avid 'torrent hunter' would have trouble occupying the speed 'all day, all night' for any length of time. If he's *really* pushing it he can grab 70GB a day off a 7Mbit connection. In other words it would only take him a fortnight to fill a 1TB drive.

Horrible speeds are caused by congestion, yes - of course, but in the same way rush hour traffic causes congestion. That's the road structure's fault, not the drivers. ISPs squeeze as many customers as possible into as little bandwidth as possible. Especially in a 'farang' neighbourhood - how many of them streaming tv from their home country? A few of those will kill your network far more effectively than the kid next door hoovering his copy of the hobbit off his favourite torrent site.

yep tried em all ,, yes i know who installed the modem ,even got his mobilenumber seems that he can fix a lot by logging in the system from his house and saves me waiting 3 days i ask him everytime for that login info but he will give me only a look like ,555 nooop

I presume you pay him for each time he fixes a problem?

That could well be why he laughs and says no to you getting the password.

I'm not sure I'd be very happy at all with that sort of situation where he has access and refuses to help with the password.

yep tried em all ,, yes i know who installed the modem ,even got his mobilenumber seems that he can fix a lot by logging in the system from his house and saves me waiting 3 days i ask him everytime for that login info but he will give me only a look like ,555 nooop

I presume you pay him for each time he fixes a problem?

That could well be why he laughs and says no to you getting the password.

I'm not sure I'd be very happy at all with that sort of situation where he has access and refuses to help with the password.

nope never had to pay for service ,, only for instalation of the "antenna and wifi modem " also instalation should cost alot more than what i paid for it ,, sometimes i just give them a few of the homemade icecreams and all is fine

This sounds really fishy to me, if he can login to your System from his house, then he has to know your external Ip address, how does he know this. And for me personally I would never never ever let a ToT tech have a password of any of my systems.

Try user: ubnt and password ubnt

Link: http://www.sysnetcen...php?topic=299.0

http://www.ubnt.com/...hp?questionid=4

Could you send some more details about the Modem ??? Brand, type etc etc ?

Edited by MJCM
  • Like 1

This sounds really fishy to me, if he can login to your System from his house, then he has to know your external Ip address, how does he know this. And for me personally I would never never ever let a ToT tech have a password of any of my systems.

Try user: ubnt and password ubnt

Link: http://www.sysnetcen...php?topic=299.0

http://www.ubnt.com/...hp?questionid=4

Could you send some more details about the Modem ??? Brand, type etc etc ?

thats the default password tried that no fx

ubiquiti 325-240-050

• 2 weeks later...

Letting someone have acess to your modem Lol

Is like giving him a key to your house !

Reset your modem to out of box state

ASAP and enter your own password and change the default admin acess name to one of your own choice

Even I could monitor everything you do on your computer by having acess to your modem

And I'm a novice computer user since 2005

Letting someone have acess to your modem Lol

Is like giving him a key to your house !

Reset your modem to out of box state

ASAP and enter your own password and change the default admin acess name to one of your own choice

Even I could monitor everything you do on your computer by having acess to your modem

And I'm a novice computer user since 2005

I can remember that I had a TOT line some years ago, and used the TOT delivered modem. My modem settings got changed every now and then.

From my own selected useful and working settings to the crap settings, that I got the modem with. I think, it was a billion router, but can't really recall that 100%.

There was no setting to change the remote service password, nor was there any information available, that there IS a remote service setting for this router.

The changing stopped, after I got myself a d-link router from Europe.

Interesting, isn't it?

The data rate is definitely set from the TOT end, not yours

so you are being short changed. bah.gif

i always have difficulty trying to log in to my Gmail account, about 50% of times it's OK, the other 50% I am asked to set up a new account. I don't know why they manage to stay in business, it's a good job Gmail is not my main account.

i always have difficulty trying to log in to my Gmail account, about 50% of times it's OK, the other 50% I am asked to set up a new account. I don't know why they manage to stay in business, it's a good job Gmail is not my main account.

After you got 'told', to set up a new account, do you empty your browser history and the cache files?coffee1.gif

I log in into my Gmail account (as it is my main account) around 10 times every day (I am using ToT 7Mb) and I never get the question asking me to set up a a new account. Sometimes the loading is slow, but most of the times it's reasonably fast.

I think you should follow Noob7's answer and empty your browser history and cache files, for that I use Ccleaner

( http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download )