What’S The Most Idiotic/funniest Thing You’Ve Done On Your Bike?

karlos

While riding home from picking the other half up on my Mio125, I found my left foot shifting up when exiting one of my favorite corners.

I have no idea why I did it; I ride the smaller of my two bikes quite often and didn't have the urge to 'up-shift' my Mio on the way to my girlfriend's workplace. Perhaps it was the corner I was riding round, it's a nice little 90degree left that I like to zoom round on the bigger bike. The funny thing is, I didn't touch the rear brake lever as I was fully aware of which bike is was riding, it was just a jerking movement in my left foot, I guess it was a withdrawal symptom after not riding the 650 for all of 2 days.... :D

• Like 2

The worst off I ever had in terms of damage was at the top of the steep driveway of my old house. As I tried to whip my Ninja 650 around the corner at the top of the driveway, like I had done a thousand times before, hanging over the drainage ditch, I was in the wrong gear and the bike stalled. I dropped it 2 meters into a concrete storm culvert...upside down. OT but more interesting, I later sold that bike to the Russian/Swedish guy that was killed by his former boiler room mates from Pattaya a week later. I see it at Tony's place now, Southern Thailand Big Bikes in Rawai. My next N650 I sold to KBB just before he went down for offing his Thai gf. Apparently the moral is don't buy a big bike from me.

• Like 2

I was being a prat in the motorway services car-park (M4 in UK) and hit some oil which resulted in me and the bike sliding the bike across the car-park...luckily no major damage to me or the bike...but my pride took a battering goof.gif

Put my side stand down and got off my bike. Unfortunately my side stand wasn't down so my bike fell against my left leg and knocked me over. My left leg saved my bike from any damage but my left knee wasn't too happy about being twisted and crushed by 150+ kgs into the concrete floor, I could barely walk for 2 days. To add to my embarrassment this happened at the ESSO petrol station with a load of bemused Thais looking on at the stupid farang.

same thing happened to me, but in my fall I knocked over a honda click parked next to me. Cost me a couple of hundred baht in repairs, my bike was fine, the click had a broken mirror and a broken indicator.

Well I don't know about funniest but definitely the most idiotic thing

I did when I was younger was wheelie into a wall.

I was young & could wheelie my Elsinore's thru all 6 gears.

Fancied myself a Doug Domokos. The wheelie king of my youth

One day my friends dared me to wheelie from a block down the street & up

the driveway into the garage. No problem I say ohmy.png

Wheelie went fine even the slight bend into the driveway,

up the drive & set the wheel down. Sadly at that point I was 3-4 feet from the wall

& hit the wall pretty good but stayed upright.

Big hit with my pals who were clapping, I said bye ....went home & had my mom take me to

the ER where they gave me a nice cast for my fractured left wrist tongue.png

Of course the plaster cast did not deter my dirt bike riding at all.

Since you only need the to use the clutch once on a dirt bike to get going.

Every few day I would just spray paint it white again to mask all the dirt from my mom.

But you should have seen the nurses face when they cut it off.

My arm was so filthy & stink under that cast laugh.png

My mom was embarrassed but just shook her head & smiled.

She really was a great mom

Edited by mania
  • Like 1

Years ago I was riding a Yamaha 1100 along a motorway when I saw a mates Ford Transit van in front of me.

I thought it would be fun to drop back and pass him real close at top speed.

So it feels like I nearly take the paint off his drivers door at about 150 mph.

Laughing my head off I slow down and turn around but am horrified to see blue flashing lights in the window of the transit.

My mistake, not my mates van but a police vehicle.

Luckily I was too far ahead for him to get my number.

• Like 1

When I was younger in Siem Reap Cambodia, going out of a local club at around 3am, completly pissed, during the rainy season, my friend and I decided it was the best time to go and see the sunrise on Tonle Sap (the biggest lake in SEA).

We took our 250s without helmet and started racing the 30kms to the lake, until we reached a very mudy batch... We were at low speed trying to get through but my friend fell and while I was going to help him my bike fell into the mud as well. Then the fun started, we were so drunk and it was so slippery that we could not find the energy to but the bikes up and running again... After a while trying, we got so exhausted that we decided to sit on the side of the track and wait for someone to pass by to help us... You have to imagine 2 stupid farang covered in mud, in the middle of nowhere, in the middle of the night, with 2 250's in the horizontal position in the middle of a mudy track...

After some time some fishermens coming back from the lake on their bicycle passed next to us with a frighten look, they probably first thought that we were ghosts or aliens... They kindly helped us to get our bikes out of there, then we looked at each other and decided it was about time to go back home...

It was really stupid but some good memories wink.png

• Like 2

I once rode out from a temple thinking my wife was on the back of my bike. So I'm riding along talking to her like she is there. The group I was with suddenly stopped and started waiting. Again, I assumed my wife was on the back and continued talking. What the hell are we waiting for? Why did we stop? etc. etc....... All of a sudden another bike pulled up with my wife on the back. It was like seeing a ghost.

• Like 2

The worst off I ever had in terms of damage was at the top of the steep driveway of my old house. As I tried to whip my Ninja 650 around the corner at the top of the driveway, like I had done a thousand times before, hanging over the drainage ditch, I was in the wrong gear and the bike stalled. I dropped it 2 meters into a concrete storm culvert...upside down. OT but more interesting, I later sold that bike to the Russian/Swedish guy that was killed by his former boiler room mates from Pattaya a week later. I see it at Tony's place now, Southern Thailand Big Bikes in Rawai. My next N650 I sold to KBB just before he went down for offing his Thai gf. Apparently the moral is don't buy a big bike from me.

That's crazy stuff. Buying a bike from you is like the kiss of death. ;)

My dumb stuff has been standard fare. Like putting the bike down on the kickstand and not realizing the kickstand wasn't actually down.

I did a dumb thing by letting my neighbor go for a spin. After assuring me that he knew how to ride he proceeded to run my Harley into the back of my BMW cuz he forgot where the brakes were. Minor damage. He offered to pay to fix but I told him it was ok. He was knocked off the bike and wasn't wearing a helmet and I was worried cuz I thought I had killed my neighbor.

Showed my boobs to a policeman who was going to give me a ticket. He asked me for a date instead. No, I'm not going to post photos.

And why do you think we would want to see a photo of a policeman? whistling.gif

My younger brother Shane tried an Evil Knievel trick over the main irrigation channel back in the early 70's which went well till his front wheel dropped and clipped the other bank. Lucky for him he only had scraps and bruising. He was riding one of dads Beeza Bantams, of which we had copious amount of spare parts and spare bikes, so by the time dad came home everything looked normal and young Shanny went to bed very early that night! Don't think he ever rode again....that I know of.

Mum and dad never let on they knew. Wonder if they did?

Oh and me, I am a sensible motorcyclist. I would never do anything silly. crazy.gif

Put my side stand down and got off my bike. Unfortunately my side stand wasn't down so my bike fell against my left leg and knocked me over. My left leg saved my bike from any damage but my left knee wasn't too happy about being twisted and crushed by 150+ kgs into the concrete floor, I could barely walk for 2 days. To add to my embarrassment this happened at the ESSO petrol station with a load of bemused Thais looking on at the stupid farang.

I've done that. Fortunately I have safety bars that kept the bike off my leg. I like safety bars. And I was also wearing gloves, which saved my hand from being skinned up. It was still embarrassing.

More embarrassing was when I leaned over too far on my old Honda Shadow at a stop. Might have been OK normally but I also had a passenger. The bike has rather high center of gravity anyway. I somehow managed to reach the tipping point and there was no way I could keep it upright. Down we went!