What Do You Love About Thailand?

cdnvic

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The hospitality: invitations by perfect strangers to stay with them

The smiles and laughter: humour is an antivenin for all that ails ya

The magic hour: the sun setting through a patch of coconut trees, or being swallowed by the emerald sea

The landscapes: watching a thunderstorm eerily roll by from a longtail boat, dissecting the waves bouncing off the jagged shoals of Pi-Pi Leh, armed with a six pack of green cans and an overwhelming sense of awe

The bike repair shop where the owner spends fifteen minutes checking my tire pressures and taking off the chain guard and oiling the chain and refuses any payment.

Then voices from unseen, and unknown, people calling 'hello' from their houses in the village as I cycle by.

It is sort of a Yin yang thing for me.

Honestly Number one it's the girls. :o However a close second is visiting temples and participating in ceremonies and chanting with the monks.

I'm torn between both worlds. I drift between these extremes like a riven cloud...

The bike repair shop where the owner spends fifteen minutes checking my tire pressures and taking off the chain guard and oiling the chain and refuses any payment.

Then voices from unseen, and unknown, people calling 'hello' from their houses in the village as I cycle by.

That's Nice :o

I like the way Farangs seem powerless to stop coming to Thailand and giving money away.

Thanks. :o

No problem! I'm soon to move back permanently and will be contributing all my money to the good people of Thailand! :D

The way you can buy your doctorate at Kao Sarn University after having experienced severe brain damage caused by exposure to limited oxygen environments and then still be able to get a position at this forum. That's quite unique! :o

I like the way Farangs seem powerless to stop coming to Thailand and giving money away.

Thanks. :D

Hey TGT, Perhaps you and a few million like you can convey that message to Khun Toxin and his cronies, as he seems intent on turning us all away.

Teach :o