• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My favoured spread on toast for breakfast

DSC09972.JPG

Is this something like Gye , irish " GUINNESS Yeast Extract (GYE);

When I was young, it was in 1966 , 50 years ago ..I went to Eire and every morning I put some gye on my buttered pieces of bread ..

nd if an irish member can buy some if it continue to exist ? I will receive him with gratitude .

When I was young, it was in 1966 , 50 years ago ..I went to Eire and every morning I put some gye on my buttered pieces of bread ..

And if an irish member can buy some if it continue to exist ? I will receive him with gratitude .

I don't know the one you have mentioned but it is very similar to " Marmite " or in Australia "Vegemite " .

It is just a matter of your own preference which one you like.

And if an irish member can buy some if it continue to exist ? I will receive him with gratitude .

I don't know the one you have mentioned but it is very similar to " Marmite " or in Australia "Vegemite " .

It is just a matter of your own preference which one you like.

Thank you Ron for your answer;

I think, after reading on Google that Gye is also similar to Marmite and/or Vegemite ;

can we find that here in Thailand?

If yes, where? Makro? somewhere else ?

Never seen or heard of this Promite b4! .... Vegemite and Marmite found in most of the major food stores though!

Still let's have a mango and avocado salad with rocket and chocolate curls ! it was better than I thought it would be!

March%2525202016-11.jpg

Never seen or heard of this Promite b4! .... Vegemite and Marmite found in most of the major food stores though!

Still let's have a mango and avocado salad with rocket and chocolate curls ! it was better than I thought it would be!

https://lh3.googleuser/quote]Tops would be another one who might stock it.Promite is very much the same but not as overbearing as the others.

March%2525202016-11.jpg

Maybe Tops as well.

Hey dudes CHOCOLATE goes with EVERYthing...

speaking as an expert as i happen to own a sweets shop ... hehehe .. then again CHILLI goes with EVERYthing too ..mm in my book at least !!

cheers BC

March%2525202016-11.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hey dudes CHOCOLATE goes with EVERYthing...

speaking as an expert as i happen to own a sweets shop ... hehehe .. then again CHILLI goes with EVERYthing too ..mm in my book at least !!

cheers BC

And chocolate with chilli ? whistling.gifwhistling.gif

It's only a question from an ignorant old french man tongue.png

^^^ hey "old french man" you lot almost invented chocolate with "everything" . and yes chilli choc is very popular as is chilli icecream, especially in my sweets shop in York West Aus. Penny Farthing Sweets (google it)

If I was to be reincarnated I would come back as a perennial chilli plant... just to give everyone the hots !!! (or maybe just to be a "hot sh**"!! ) giggle.giftongue.png

Archived