Barking Buddha Dog Store In Australia Irritates Thai Netizens

webfact

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am irritated by the fact that Thai "netizens" are offended by the name of a pet store in Australia. Perhaps they should be more aware of the gross perversions of the Buddhist faith in their own country before worrying about the marketing tactics or names of companies outside of their own borders.

Given the large piles of Thai created sh@t on Thailand's own doorstep and the very un-Buddhist way in which most practising Thai Buddhists behave, I imagine Buddha himself is probably also offended and not by the name of an Australian pet store.

Spot on. That goes for everyone else who's posted in a similar vein.

I think they need to get over it. And maybe not worry too much about what is happening in other peoples countries. I don't see people jumping up and down about all the Mc Hilter shirts and other Hitler products that can be seen and bought in markets all over Thailand.

rkidlad look again,it isnt a swastika. - its a mirror image - the germans took the syle and reversed it

no on hindu temple you can find both ways, also the mirrored...

It is not about mirroring or not!

First of all, Hitlers idea was never the Hindhu- swastika but more a variation of the rune of the sun-cross, used in nordic- mythology as seen here: 5.jpg

Second of all: it is also the coloring (red, white, black) which are the colors of the German- flag during the 3rd Reich.

I really wouldn't even blink, if it wasn't for the colors (which obviously nobody knows about) and if it was (say) green on a yellow background.

Just sayin'!

I'm offended by the Swastika and constantly being referred to as a 'farang' even though I live, work and pay taxes here in Thailand. It offends me, but I'm always welcome to leave Thailand. I choose to grin and bear it. I advise the Thai netizens to do the same.

I'm offended by the Swastika and constantly being referred to as a 'farang' even though I live, work and pay taxes here in Thailand. It offends me, but I'm always welcome to leave Thailand. I choose to grin and bear it. I advise the Thai netizens to do the same.

Why is the word falang offending you? It's basically the Thai equivalent to caucasian!

Not true!

Chautangchat is the word!

For white foreigner, that is.

Farang is a Thai adaption of the Arab/Asian word ferenghi which means Frank....with a very negative connotion

And yes, farang has also a negative connotion.

For some reason, I always associated falang/farang with the slang meaning from the fruit with the same name.

The connotation being, the flesh of the fruit is white and so are 'farang/falang'.

I think it's both derogatory and not. It really depends who is saying it and where they are coming from.

Also the general lack of education on identifying other nationalities. It's also easy to group all foreigners into one 'name', which probably is done similarly in the west, ie 'asians'.

I don't think it always is negative, but often it can be.

Little advice: you go to MBK and look for flip flops. There are shops, who sell flip- flops with the flags of Brazil, UK, Germany....try that with Thailand and watch what happens! Hypocrits...all over!

• Like 1

Nice to see the THAIs so concerned.

Buddha was a foreigner. (Farlang-Farlang thumbsup.gif )

Buddhaism first came to Thailand 218 years after his death.

Buddha never visited Siam / (Thailand)

These Thais have no idea about other countries and that the Buddhist in Australia are not concerned.

Maybe their is a good job with their buddies in the cultural ministry on a mission to ban tities, but allow their country to be the biggest living brothel in the world. Just because they feel they got a win with the images of the temples on the Dutch Toilets last week, these %$#@* think they control this Buddhist Belief.

clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

Buddha was in deed a foreigner but I suspect he would be claseed as a Cak not falang, being from Nepal.

These Thais have no idea about other countries and that the Buddhist in Australia are not concerned.

Maybe their is a good job with their buddies in the cultural ministry on a mission to ban tities, but allow their country to be the biggest living brothel in the world. Just because they feel they got a win with the images of the temples on the Dutch Toilets last week, these %$#@* think they control this Buddhist Belief.

Buddha was in deed a foreigner but I suspect he would be claseed as a Cak not falang, being from Nepal.

And if he would come this time, he wouldn't get a visa.....

www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZPDTrh7iOE this lady is presently popular with local temples, she has been to two near me. Jah has itchy ear problem but ear is not in usual place. She usually gets joined by members of the drunk audience in the temple grounds on stage. I feel embarrassed for them and a little disgusted she is in temples doing this. Khun HOO. And they moan about a doggie things and a toilet door.

Edited by marstons

www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZPDTrh7iOE this lady is presently popular with local temples, she has been to two near me. Jah has itchy ear problem but ear is not in usual place. She usually gets joined by members of the drunk audience in the temple grounds on stage. I feel embarrassed for them and a little disgusted she is in temples doing this. Khun HOO. And they moan about a doggie things and a toilet door.

We ARE here for the temples afterall, Oh my buddha.

And if he would come this time, he wouldn't get a visa.....

Present day, he would probably try to sell me a suit on Sukhumvit. :(

• Like 1

I protest the inappropriate use of the American flag. :)