True Epl Coverage

binnsy

Are you cancelling TrueVisions?  

173 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going to cancel True due to them not getting the EPL?

• Yes. Have already or will be cancelling my True subscription.
    • No. I will keep it but may also change my viewing package.
    • Never had True Sports package

This poll is closed to new votes

If I decided to keep a true box would it beb

be a problem running both of them into the same tv via a HTMI port...both are satelite...

Never thought of that.Hope i have enough htmi ports

Cth put it thru yer AV input.

Pay a little extra if you got 2 HDMI on yer TV for the lead..

I'm keeping True and, at 899 a month, CTH ain't a big extra outlay.

EPL Football for about 250 a week? Less than most spend on food in a day.

BTW; CTH loox ok bar the program info. Hard to plan viewing when there ain't no schedule.

Hopefully, they'll sort this soon.

Edited by Soi Sauce

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

link to CTH broadband advert.

Thanks for this Blue !

Also experiencing major headaches from our Condo in Bangkok who say they are contracted to True and we cant put up a dish or connect to the CTH cable - so this might be some hope other than us moving.

CTH seem to be informing condos that they can't supply a communal dish to serve all the residents, like True does. Most condos will not allow individual condo owners to fix their own dishes on the balcony/wall, although I'm trying to get my condo to let me fix a dish on the roof.

I doubt that is an exclusive contract. I'd be outta there ASAP if they refused to sort it.

I own my condo, so "getting outta there" is not an option.

Have you tried getting yourself, or your significant other, on the building management committee? Most condo owners can't be arsed to go all the painfully slow AGMs and other meetings they tend to hold, but if you do, it does mean you get on the inside track and can avoid the business that often occurs of simply them saying no for the sake of saying no, as it sounds to me like you are experiencing here. I mean, who gets hurt if you fit a dish on the roof and run a bit of cable down?

Have you tried getting yourself, or your significant other, on the building management committee? Most condo owners can't be arsed to go all the painfully slow AGMs and other meetings they tend to hold, but if you do, it does mean you get on the inside track and can avoid the business that often occurs of simply them saying no for the sake of saying no, as it sounds to me like you are experiencing here. I mean, who gets hurt if you fit a dish on the roof and run a bit of cable down?

Things are progressing in that they have told me to put a request in writing which will be considered by the committee. The last thing I want to do is get involved in condo politics, even though it might help me here. I think other residents are starting to complain and this is likely to increase once the season starts.

I've also found wiziwig which appears to be streaming games live (I watched The Ashes last night) and this will hopefully do until the situation is resolved.

Yep wiziwig is great but hard to say how easy streaming will be for EPL once season starts. EPL already got ISPs in uk to block front row sports. Sopcast sometimes delete/block channels showing games. Flash player streams are awful. But you could get lucky for some games. I'm hoping sopcast works for UCL. Watching juventus vs galaxy now on arena vision via sop. Great quality. Might help if you can get the letter translated into Thai. Good luck.

I own my own Condo in samui and have had no problem fitting a dish to the roof next to the communal true dish. The Developer/Builder has no problem with this. I think the people who own your building are just being pedantic and you should just keep at them till they relent. This is a major concern for condo owners/rentees and if any others in your complex feel the same then a group gathering and process of complaints may sway them to giving in. Otherwise first threaten to leave and then actually act on this. When I bought my Condo it was the first question I asked about 'Is Premier League Football Accessable' I would not have bought if there was going to be a problem as other places would be quite happy to have my money.

I have got a shocking picture on the thai tv channels, and why I'm having a moan I still have no eng on the stadium channels (what a stupid name btw) and the remote is a real pain.

I have decided to re-connect to True, one Gold box only, I feel I have made the right call. Apart from the football and sky news I don't think i'll be using cth much. Not really impressed, but at least it's cheap.

Interesting article in the Bkk post about CTH struggling to meet demand before EPL kick off! Not that we didn't know this already! Thank god I could foresee this and got sorted early. I would post the article, but I'm not allowed.

And thanks to your posts I am sorted as well. Still not had any invoice through the post for payment at the bank, for my one year subscription. Any one had theirs yet?

Interesting article in the Bkk post about CTH struggling to meet demand before EPL kick off! Not that we didn't know this already! Thank god I could foresee this and got sorted early. I would post the article, but I'm not allowed.

And thanks to your posts I am sorted as well. Still not had any invoice through the post for payment at the bank, for my one year subscription. Any one had theirs yet?

I paid 2 months in advance so not expecting a bill yet.

If I was a betting man I would say that their invoicing/accounts dept is all over the place, so I wouldn't hold your breath.

If I was a betting man I would say that their invoicing/accounts dept is all over the place, so I wouldn't hold your breath.

My installation was 2 working days after I phoned up for it. By contrast, the installation service was not exactly confidence-expiring and I was left to figure out how to use the system before the 'technician' had even shown that there was a working signal (such was their hurry to get onto the next erectionsmile.png ).

However, it did work and after a 30 minute struggle with the instruction book in hand I was smoking. Two days later I received my invoice from the local dealer by e-mail, with installation costs and the one year promotion package cost both on the one invoice.

Sisaket for once is not playing up to its sleepy backwater reputation!

My installation was 2 working days after I phoned up for it. By contrast, the installation service was not exactly confidence-expiring and I was left to figure out how to use the system before the 'technician' had even shown that there was a working signal (such was their hurry to get onto the next erectionsmile.png ).

However, it did work and after a 30 minute struggle with the instruction book in hand I was smoking. Two days later I received my invoice from the local dealer by e-mail, with installation costs and the one year promotion package cost both on the one invoice.

Sisaket for once is not playing up to its sleepy backwater reputation!

The job is THAT exciting? ohmy.png

Just absolutely scared stiff I will be disconnected for non payment. That would be the end of my world, well end of my weekends at least.

Just absolutely scared stiff I will be disconnected for non payment. That would be the end of my world, well end of my weekends at least.

I wouldn't worry, or you could always contact them.

We didn't pay anything in advance just a document that registered us as a customer now on its way to Bangkok.Do they, CTH/Dealers, know what they are doing?,everyone seems to have a different experience

Yep, nothing is consistent really.

I paid my dealer 2 months, which is what they were asking...has that gone off to CTH? Who knows.

What CTH has achieved from a standing start of "oh my God the Brits have actually given the EPL franchise to us" nine short months ago is nothing short of miraculous IMO (as an ex financial and management consultant). They have had to take shortcuts to get a network up and running and using a motley crew of independent local satellite dealers seems to be one of those shortcuts. Unsurprisingly there have been a few hiccups when it comes to the customer interface (woops - I forgot I am retired, can't stop spouting shit management-speak).

I give them kudos so far but the all important product delivery is now to be proven

You can download TV and buy DVD movies for next to nothing.

Cth have the one thing people want and are working hard to do agood job.

Reckon their installation waiting time is about the same as that for True's call center.

"For English Press 9"

• Like 1