True Epl Coverage

binnsy

Are you cancelling TrueVisions?  

173 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going to cancel True due to them not getting the EPL?

• Yes. Have already or will be cancelling my True subscription.
    • No. I will keep it but may also change my viewing package.
    • Never had True Sports package

This poll is closed to new votes

365 Sport TV looks OK, but doesn't show every game. Good if you support the top four, but maybe not worth the money for someone like me (Southampton). If it showed all the games I'd get it in.

Edited by Wiggy

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

365 Sport TV looks OK, but doesn't show every game. Good if you support the top four, but maybe not worth the money for someone like me (Southampton). If it showed all the games I'd get it in.

Free this weekend, they are showing 5 games I think, also games on demand, they are supposed to be sending the software this week by email, seems a good set up, definatly worth B600 a month if it is IPTV quality

• Like 1

I take your point Wiggy, but in my case being a Leeds fan this does not really apply to me. I just enjoy watching the EPL at the weekend and should be able to watch quite a few games using 365 sport.

Free this weekend, they are showing 5 games I think, also games on demand, they are supposed to be sending the software this week by email, seems a good set up, definatly worth B600 a month if it is IPTV quality

Yes I got the same info Bartender. The only thing that remains to be seen is the quality of the picture, the rest of it seem to be a good set up.

I would expect the new sport 365 co. to be as good as Thai expat tv quality.

On another note. John Dykes sent me a message today advising he is doing a preview show which goes out at noon UK time. James Richardson is doing fanzone later that day. ACJimbo is also doing a Saturday morning show with Kelly Canning (AKA Dalglish) not sure what time here, probably around 3ish.

I have spent a while discussing if these programmes will be broadcast by CTH. Hard to believe they have only one fluent speaking member of staff! I suspect he's kept busy! After sometime explaining the situation he finally referred it to a member of senior management, who advised the content will be the same as TRUE. I asked if this includes Friday's programmes and he said yes. Guess we will play the waiting game now... If by next week content is not the same, feel free to ring up and ask for Nuttakrit. He's a very nice guy and will help as much as possible.

I take your point Wiggy, but in my case being a Leeds fan this does not really apply to me. I just enjoy watching the EPL at the weekend and should be able to watch quite a few games using 365 sport.

You will see the live Leeds' games on there as well. From the summary of each channel it appears to be the programming from Fox Sports (Ch.1), Astro Supersport (Ch.2), Astro Supersport 2 (Ch.3), Astro Supersport 3 (Ch.4) and Star Sports (Ch.5). Good line-up if the stream quality from the local server is good, although I would expect SD rather than HD at this time.

As soon as it starts to rain I lose my CTH signal until it stops raining. Anyone else have the same problem?

Welcome to the world of satellite TV!

Sometimes it does sometimes it doesn't - depends on the atmospherics. True signal breaks up then disappears most of the time with a deep cloud rainstorm here in Issaan -typically only 10 mins to one hour - concentrated on the approach end of the storm (usually goes in advance and restores before it stops raining). Occasionally it is really bad timing, even though relatively short! Cloudy days and light showers are generally not a problem. Let's be thankful that most of the football season falls outside the particularly stormy rainy season months of June-September.

CTH? Not yet enough samples to give a view on whether it's better or worse. The couple of occasions when it's gone down and I have thought to cross-check (since I still have True as well) both have gone and come back roughly at the same time. Could well be some differences due to different satellite positionings. Somebody was posing the possibility that climatic conditions at the upload end (where the provider shoves his signal up to the satellite) may have a bearing. I suspect they have enough power to shoot that up through the worst storm - when my True signal has gone there has nearly always been an obvious local climate factor at my end. If the upload end was equally problematic you would expect double the outages.

I doubt that CTH is going to be any better or worse than True from a signal disturbance viewpoint.

Edited by SantiSuk

As soon as it starts to rain I lose my CTH signal until it stops raining. Anyone else have the same problem?

Welcome to the world of satellite TV!

Sometimes it does sometimes it doesn't - depends on the atmospherics. True went most of the time with a deep cloud rainstorm here in Issaan -typically only 10 mins to one hour - concentrated on the approach end of the storm (usually goes in advance and restores before it stops raining). Occasionally it is really bad timing, even though relatively short! Cloudy days and light showers are generally not a problem. Let's be thankful that most of the football season falls outside the particularly stormy rainy season months of June-September.

CTH? Not yet enough samples to give a view on whether it's better or worse. The couple of occasions when it's gone down and I have thought to cross-check (since I still have True as well) both have gone and come back roughly at the same time.

But my SKY tv in the UK never suffered from adverse weather conditions,ok granted the rain may not have been as heavy but cloud cover could be certainly be somewhat thick,also with heavy snow in over 10 years I think I lost the picture maybe once or twice,plus the dish now is way smaller and perforated,what makes this less prone to so called rain fade then ?

My Sky TV only completely lost the signal once Stoneyboy, when The Boro got to the FA Cup Final, but the rain on Teesside was the worst I can ever remember that day! Seem to remember it went off quite a lot when it snowed, though.

My CTH reception seems to vary, The Australian Network channel seems to go off quite a lot even in just heavy cloud, but it's also been completely OK when it rained - what's that about ?? :)

My Sky TV only completely lost the signal once Stoneyboy, when The Boro got to the FA Cup Final, but the rain on Teesside was the worst I can ever remember that day! Seem to remember it went off quite a lot when it snowed, though.

My CTH reception seems to vary, The Australian Network channel seems to go off quite a lot even in just heavy cloud, but it's also been completely OK when it rained - what's that about ?? smile.png

Thats nothing to complain about laugh.png

• Like 1

You will see the live Leeds' games on there as well. From the summary of each channel it appears to be the programming from Fox Sports (Ch.1), Astro Supersport (Ch.2), Astro Supersport 2 (Ch.3), Astro Supersport 3 (Ch.4) and Star Sports (Ch.5). Good line-up if the stream quality from the local server is good, although I would expect SD rather than HD at this time.

That is great news Sunderland, thanks. I am looking forward to Saturday to see just what is on offer.

On another note. John Dykes sent me a message today advising he is doing a preview show which goes out at noon UK time. James Richardson is doing fanzone later that day. ACJimbo is also doing a Saturday morning show with Kelly Canning (AKA Dalglish) not sure what time here, probably around 3ish.

I have spent a while discussing if these programmes will be broadcast by CTH. Hard to believe they have only one fluent speaking member of staff! I suspect he's kept busy! After sometime explaining the situation he finally referred it to a member of senior management, who advised the content will be the same as TRUE. I asked if this includes Friday's programmes and he said yes. Guess we will play the waiting game now... If by next week content is not the same, feel free to ring up and ask for Nuttakrit. He's a very nice guy and will help as much as possible.

As someone who is unable (currently) to get CTH, due to its unavailability in mid-town Bangkok and condo restrictions, 365 may be a life-saver.

• Like 1

As someone who is unable (currently) to get CTH, due to its unavailability in mid-town Bangkok and condo restrictions, 365 may be a life-saver.

I've just booked onto their site. Hopefully it will either be a good stop gap or a better long term bet than CTH. (Can't Take Home)laugh.png

My CTH is fine so far, very good quality picture and lots of HD channels, fingers crossed for this Saturday kick off time, hope it's not pissing it down with rain in Pattaya. Also took my box etc back to true visions and told them I was canceling my subscriptions, the lady in true visions who I have known for 7 years told me a lot of people were coming in the shop to cancel true visions [saying no English premier league].
Also told me I had 2000 baht in their account, [must have been a deposit that I had forgot about]. I took my last bill [to be paid on the 24th of august] and she only charged me up to the 13th [yesterday] then gave me the remainder from the 2000 baht they had got.
Oh happy days are here again, got rid of true - got CTH - got a few baht back for some beers and all set for the footy.

• Like 1

My CTH is fine so far, very good quality picture and lots of HD channels, fingers crossed for this Saturday kick off time, hope it's not pissing it down with rain in Pattaya. Also took my box etc back to true visions and told them I was canceling my subscriptions, the lady in true visions who I have known for 7 years told me a lot of people were coming in the shop to cancel true visions [saying no English premier league].

Also told me I had 2000 baht in their account, [must have been a deposit that I had forgot about]. I took my last bill [to be paid on the 24th of august] and she only charged me up to the 13th [yesterday] then gave me the remainder from the 2000 baht they had got.

Oh happy days are here again, got rid of true - got CTH - got a few baht back for some beers and all set for the footy.

You've kicked a goal never heard of TRUE returning the deposit on the day.Took us 2 months to get it in Bangkok and it was a cheque and a have friend still waiting for a cheque 3 months after he cancelled.The excuse has been they only accept cash going into the company not out and the cheque takes 2 months to process!

Got CTH already. I finally got around to phoning RS Sunbox about renewing my account for La Liga channel, as my free subscription runs out. You have to pay the whole season in advance, but can't do it till 17th Aug, which is the start of the Spanish season. So, on Saturday, everyone who watches La Liga will be phoning at the same time to re-subscribe. How many hours will I be put on hold waiting? What a dumb system. And these are the people who have the rights to Brazil 2014. I wonder if there will be the usual "satellite TV cannot broadcast the competition on free to air channels" problem that we have every time with the Euros and World Cup?, then everyone scrambling to get a Sunbox fitted. I suppose that can wait till next year.

Got CTH already. I finally got around to phoning RS Sunbox about renewing my account for La Liga channel, as my free subscription runs out. You have to pay the whole season in advance, but can't do it till 17th Aug, which is the start of the Spanish season. So, on Saturday, everyone who watches La Liga will be phoning at the same time to re-subscribe. How many hours will I be put on hold waiting? What a dumb system. And these are the people who have the rights to Brazil 2014. I wonder if there will be the usual "satellite TV cannot broadcast the competition on free to air channels" problem that we have every time with the Euros and World Cup?, then everyone scrambling to get a Sunbox fitted. I suppose that can wait till next year.

hit the nail on the head there! RS will only allow 22 free to air games on Thai tv. The rest will be on their World Cup channel only! No details on how much yet. NBTC kicking off, saying must be available to all. Not sure they're gonna get anywhere. I think la liga season starts 24th, does it not?

One of 365sport.tv's channels is being tested and running right now on their free offering until the 27th August. It is channel 2 on their software and is Astro Supersport Channel 1. Decent quality picture. Very similar to the quality offered by thaiexpat.tv and seems to have the same kind of set-up, so I presume it is the same people putting it all together. Will offer a very nice alternative for those who cannot get CTH. Should get 4-6 live Premier League matches, and various games and highlights from other leagues and sports when all 5 channels are up and running.

By the way La Liga kicks off this weekend.

Could not get an English commentary on Channel 7 for the England v Scotland game on CTH. Surely to God they should be getting that right by now (or maybe I'm missing something technologically - nothing there when I use the Audio button and toggle to an apparent provision of English Language).

But, I'm a smarty-pants and kept True for a while - no problem with Channel 7's English commentary theretongue.png

Edited by SantiSuk

Could not get an English commentary on Channel 7 for the England v Scotland game on CTH. Surely to God they should be getting that right by now (or maybe I'm missing something technologically - nothing there when I use the Audio button and toggle to an apparent provision of English Language).

But, I'm a smarty-pants and kept True for a while - no problem with Channel 7's English commentary therePosted Image

I phoned to complain about this for the charity shield. Tech guy explained channel 7 didn't give english audio. I was inclined to believe him as same issue on my GMM box. If it happens next time I'll kick off!

I noticed last night that True continues to show plenty of live football friendlies. As expected though, they are keeping most of the non-Thai football on the TSP channels that are only accessible by paying Gold or Platinum prices.

The medium and lower cost True packages - Super Entertainment, Super Knowledge and Super Sports all carry TSP2 (trailer-trash wrestling), TSP5 (B list golf), TSP6 (snooker, motorcross b-list tennis) and TSP7 (boxing, snooker, volleyball Thai PL). Of these only TSP 6 was showing a live football friendly last night (Poland v Denmark).

For completeness, the Gold/Platinum package channels were showing Wales v ROI (TSP 3), Portugal Netherlands (TSP 1) and Belgium v France (TSHD2).

One of 365sport.tv's channels is being tested and running right now on their free offering until the 27th August. It is channel 2 on their software and is Astro Supersport Channel 1. Decent quality picture. Very similar to the quality offered by thaiexpat.tv and seems to have the same kind of set-up, so I presume it is the same people putting it all together. Will offer a very nice alternative for those who cannot get CTH. Should get 4-6 live Premier League matches, and various games and highlights from other leagues and sports when all 5 channels are up and running.

By the way La Liga kicks off this weekend.

Hi Sunderland,

I have registered with 365, but still no link to their software. Can you provide a link please, so I can check out the test channel.

Thanks

4 years ago I had my true installed the guys came along and just wanted to put it up as quick as they could over the 4 year period I would suffer loss of picture an engineer would come along and change the receiver without even checking it this has happened on a number of occasions, last week I had CTH installed and I have to admit these guys were a lot better however as all my aerials are built into the property they struggled to link it up so I could watch either CTH or True. This week I was told of a good satellite company and I asked them to redo all my cabling from the dish onwards and link it up through the house. The pictures that I now receive are incredible and whilst the rain was lashing it down and the cloud descended the picture remained the same and on top of this all I have to do is switch from AV1 to AV2 ( True being 1 and CTH being 2 ) total cost for two guys to travel 10 ks each way and spend two hours working was 400 baht I was so delighted I gave them an extra 200 baht and we exchanged phone numbers. I have just been on to TRUE to downgrade to Super Entertainment at 790 per month they have just called me back to say this is no longer available and that I would have to have Super Family at 1,050 seems business is getting desperate however I cannot find super family on the website they are still showing super entertainment at 790 baht has this happened to anyone else.

4 years ago I had my true installed the guys came along and just wanted to put it up as quick as they could over the 4 year period I would suffer loss of picture an engineer would come along and change the receiver without even checking it this has happened on a number of occasions, last week I had CTH installed and I have to admit these guys were a lot better however as all my aerials are built into the property they struggled to link it up so I could watch either CTH or True. This week I was told of a good satellite company and I asked them to redo all my cabling from the dish onwards and link it up through the house. The pictures that I now receive are incredible and whilst the rain was lashing it down and the cloud descended the picture remained the same and on top of this all I have to do is switch from AV1 to AV2 ( True being 1 and CTH being 2 ) total cost for two guys to travel 10 ks each way and spend two hours working was 400 baht I was so delighted I gave them an extra 200 baht and we exchanged phone numbers. I have just been on to TRUE to downgrade to Super Entertainment at 790 per month they have just called me back to say this is no longer available and that I would have to have Super Family at 1,050 seems business is getting desperate however I cannot find super family on the website they are still showing super entertainment at 790 baht has this happened to anyone else.

Sneaky little $ods - Super Entertainment looked like a reasonable buy and I can't imagine a Family package having anything but more of the super-banal bits of Thai TV. Super Knowledge at 590 looks even better value than Super Entertainment! That will be the next to go, then I'll wave them goodbye. This company sure knows how to leak custom.

I was a little previous in my earlier post regarding 365 sport TV. I now have my free trial until the 27th of this month. There is 1 channel running at the moment for testing purposes and the picture is excellent. The Channel showing is Astro Supersports covering the athletics in Russia. This could be a good alternative for those living in condo's who can not get CTH.

The Football channels will be up and running at the weekend according to the E mail.

I think la liga season starts 24th, does it not?

This weekend

Sun 18 Real Sociedad vs. Getafa (L) 00.00-02.00 TS HD2

Sun 18 Real Valladolid vs. Athletic Club (L) 02.00-04.00 TS HD2

Sun 18 Valencia vs. Malaga (L) 04.00-06.00 TS HD2

Mon 19 Barcelona vs. Levante (L) 00.00-02.00 TS HD2

Mon 19 Real Madrid vs. Real Betis (L) 02.00-04.00 TS HD2

Mon 19 Sevilla vs. Atletico Madrid (L) 04.00-06.00 TS HD2

Tue 20 Rayo Vallecano vs. Elche (L) 01.00-03.00 TS HD2

Tue 20 Celta de Vigo vs. Espanyol (L) 03.00-05.00 TS HD2

Tue 20 Almeria vs. Villarreal (L) 03.00-05.00 TS HD