True Epl Coverage

binnsy

Are you cancelling TrueVisions?  

173 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going to cancel True due to them not getting the EPL?

• Yes. Have already or will be cancelling my True subscription.
    • No. I will keep it but may also change my viewing package.
    • Never had True Sports package

This poll is closed to new votes

I note someone states that there was dodgy English commentary on the Liverpool game out of the two games I watched Liverpool v Stoke and Gunners v Villa I had to put up with Thai commentary I hope that CTH will get there act together English football with English commentary is needed I for one will be emailing them and asking why this is not the case

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I note someone states that there was dodgy English commentary on the Liverpool game out of the two games I watched Liverpool v Stoke and Gunners v Villa I had to put up with Thai commentary I hope that CTH will get there act together English football with English commentary is needed I for one will be emailing them and asking why this is not the case

Did you not put the audio to English ?

I live in Thailand and for around 900 Baht a month I can watch every West Ham game live.

English commentary and in HD. Great value, half the price of True.

Once they get the screen menu and Dykes and company sorted out will be even better.

• Like 1

What's all this talk of CTH being half the price of True? I paid for True Gold for about 1500 and the CTH package is about 1000 (both including VAT). That's not such a huge difference. And CTH staff have no idea what to do in the event of a problem, like mine which has left me with no HD channels having already paid 2 months in advance.

What's all this talk of CTH being half the price of True? I paid for True Gold for about 1500 and the CTH package is about 1000 (both including VAT). That's not such a huge difference. And CTH staff have no idea what to do in the event of a problem, like mine which has left me with no HD channels having already paid 2 months in advance.

Funny because the top package on True,platinum ran just over 2000 baht a month.

The equivalent top package on CTH runs at just over 900 baht that's more than half when I went to school.

I live in Thailand and for around 900 Baht a month I can watch every West Ham game live.

Once they get the screen menu and Dykes and company sorted out will be even better.

961 Baht is closer to a 1,000 biggrin.png

Great to have rhe EPL back, it's been a long close season. Picture and sound all very good.

I wonder how bothered they really are about getting Dykes and co......I hope they do, as promised.

They know that people who want to watch the EPL will subscribe anyway, it's not as if everyone is going to jack it in and not watch the EPL if Dykes doesn't appear and of course many have paid well in advance.

After a bit of messing about i got all 9pm games in english,ithought it was the batteries of my remote

961 Baht is closer to a 1,000 Posted Image

Great to have rhe EPL back, it's been a long close season. Picture and sound all very good.

I wonder how bothered they really are about getting Dykes and co......I hope they do, as promised.

They know that people who want to watch the EPL will subscribe anyway, it's not as if everyone is going to jack it in and not watch the EPL if Dykes doesn't appear and of course many have paid well in advance.

I would have shared your concerns, but after the FB message I got from them, in perfect english might I add, it seems that whoever replied investigated this issue properly and gave enough details to make me think it wasn't just a fob off. I've noticed some Thais complaining on their FB page about the same issue, so it's not just farrang that want dykes and co.

I would have shared your concerns, but after the FB message I got from them, in perfect english might I add, it seems that whoever replied investigated this issue properly and gave enough details to make me think it wasn't just a fob off. I've noticed some Thais complaining on their FB page about the same issue, so it's not just farrang that want dykes and co.

It was just a thought, but that's good news BB and nice to hear that some Thai's are also asking for Dykes & Co, which I think will add more weight. You've been spot on up to now, so looking forward to when it starts.smile.png

The equivalent top package on CTH runs at just over 900 baht that's more than half when I went to school.

That's not a fair comparison. To get the Premier League with True you only needed True Gold which was 1500 baht. To get the Premier League with CTH it costs almost 1000 baht. If you paid for the top package when you didn't need it, more fool you.

• Like 1

I wonder if the PLTV football shows, talk shows and football news are all within the package that CTH bought or wether they have to pay extra ! and on a second note for them to say that they are going to use Stadium 7 channel for PLTV then they must have it planned already !

Footnote : Stop being a suspious old sod ups biggrin.png

Edited by alfieconn

A little dodgy with the second half of the Liverpool match, plus the sound, but after that I watched the Arsenal match, then the man utd match and every thing was spot on, great quality picture and all in English.
So I am really satisfied, after all CTH are the new kids on the block so give them a bit of leeway. I have been living here for years and it took True visions ages to get their house in some sort of order, also for the gold package on true there was no HD channels, you had to pay extra or get platinum for HD.

That's not a fair comparison. To get the Premier League with True you only needed True Gold which was 1500 baht. To get the Premier League with CTH it costs almost 1000 baht. If you paid for the top package when you didn't need it, more fool you.

Oh I see, so to pay out a huge sum of around 200 baht extra per month to get the PL in HD and availabilty of English pundits (was only available on the HD channels with True) meant you was a 'fool'? What a very od thing to say, then again, you sound very bitter at the moment, as I would be too in your position. Hope you get it resolved soon.

Edited by Pattaya Pat

Although I appreciate I could get an independent shop to install CTH much quicker, l decided I'd wait until CTH themselves can install (sometime next month) and in the meantime see how I get on with watching via the internet. 365 had issues with the Liverpool game which meant I couldn't see it but it was fine for the United game. Only problem I did have was I couldn't seem to watch anything "live". Could only get it working on demand. Oh and the other thing was that when I connected my laptop to my TV via HDMI, the picture quality wasn't great. Not awful but not great.

This morning doing some searching it's easy to find torrent downloads of all the main games. Obviously means not watching live but I rarely watched live with True anyway - always delayed (usually just a few hours but sometimes days)via PVR and it doesn't bother me too much providing I can avoid seeing the results.

Perhaps I'll hold out with CTH until such a time as they have their on demand service up and running. Perhaps by then they might have ironed out all the creases!

Sent from my i-mobile IQ XA using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Did anyone experience any sound issues,as in going on and off?.Liverpool game and Man utd game were ok,but when I was showing 3 games live at 21.00 I had the sound from the Everton game on,but was on and off all the time.

PST.

Lucky you! I live in Thailand (central Bangkok) and CTH is currently not available. It's a shame that the Premier League didn't check the capability of CTH to provide the service to everyone who wants it, before selling their rights for the highest possible price.

Lucky you! I live in Thailand (central Bangkok) and CTH is currently not available. It's a shame that the Premier League didn't check the capability of CTH to provide the service to everyone who wants it, before selling their rights for the highest possible price.

Not sure whether or not the Premier League is really responsible for that. At the end of the day, the Premier League knows that whoever successfully bids for it, they'll be a commercial concern with the interest of reaching as many customers as possible, and thereby making as much money as possible. Unimaginable to think that whoever wins the rights, would do anything other than expand customer base.

Your problem anyway seems to have been more to do with having a stupid condo management committee that has decided to say "no" to your request of fitting a dish on the roof, simply for the sake of saying no.

Bit off topic, but has anyone listed the English Channels on CTH anywhere? Be nice to sort out the "Favourites".

Thanx

I've pretty much accepted that apart from the PL and SKY news I won't be watching much esle, maybe a little FX and Star World, but that's it.

After having to suffer the awful BBC World for so many years I am loving having SKY news, it's a real shot in the arm for me, and of course their sports round up is very good. I remember reading on this thread before that SKY news just go round in circles and you will get bored with it but that's a nonsense.

Oh I see, so to pay out a huge sum of around 200 baht extra per month to get the PL in HD and availabilty of English pundits (was only available on the HD channels with True) meant you was a 'fool'? What a very od thing to say, then again, you sound very bitter at the moment, as I would be too in your position. Hope you get it resolved soon.

You're right about me being bitter because I've been completely failed and given the run around, so it's a bit annoying when fanboys pop up to sing the praises of CTH. I'd rather pay 500 baht extra for a company whose staff actually know what they're doing.

I really do sympathise with you. I would be fuming. sad.png

You are going to have to keep on at that Condo mob of yours.

After having to suffer the awful BBC World for so many years I am loving having SKY news, it's a real shot in the arm for me, and of course their sports round up is very good. I remember reading on this thread before that SKY news just go round in circles and you will get bored with it but that's a nonsense.

You obviously haven't watched it long enough.

Bit off topic, but has anyone listed the English Channels on CTH anywhere? Be nice to sort out the "Favourites".

Thanx

Can send you an XL spreadsheet channel list (CTH and all True packages) that shows channel name, synopsis of content and language. Originally did it to help me decide which True package to retain as back-up.

Have attached a PDF file of the Movies sheet as an example of the file content; there's one for each of Sport, Movies, News&International and 'Knowledge. Can't be bothered to do one for Entertainment as that is where the local real dross resides.

[Cannot attach an XL spreadsheet to a ThiaV post. PM if you want it].

smile.png Agree. Sun-style news that repeats every hour. BBC World and Al Jazeera have for more depth and interest. But, chaque'un son gout.

About the only good thing that can be said about Sky News it is not that TRULY DREADFUL Fox News - rabid Republican hor$e$hit, how on earth do they get away with publishing such horrifically biased programming as 'news'. I have to check in once a day to get my adrenalin going - it is jaw-dropping stufflaugh.png

PS Channel News Asia is very good for South East Asian news, for those who are stuck with the limitations of CTH and its parochial little-England channel. You can also find different angles of news coverage on Australia Network, France 24 and NHK (Japan)

• Like 2

smile.png Agree. Sun-style news that repeats every hour. BBC World and Al Jazeera have for more depth and interest. But, chaque'un son gout.

About the only good thing that can be said about Sky News it is not that TRULY DREADFUL Fox News - rabid Republican hor$e$hit, how on earth do they get away with publishing such horrifically biased programming as 'news'. I have to check in once a day to get my adrenalin going - it is jaw-dropping stufflaugh.png

PS Channel News Asia is very good for South East Asian news, for those who are stuck with the limitations of CTH and its parochial little-England channel. You can also find different angles of news coverage on Australia Network, France 24 and NHK (Japan)

What passes for "news" is one of the many things that ran me out of the states. One thing to remember is that not all the apparently benighted wags actually believe all the claptrap that comes out of their yaps. Its all about competition with other networks, establishing and nurturing your "constituency", and the never ending chase for the almighty dollar. Repulsive ? Yes indeed !post-4641-1156693976.gif.pagespeed.ce.Jg

Now...back to football !post-4641-1156694572.gif.pagespeed.ce.33

on the subject of coverage, the bbc's flagship and time-honoured match of the day, not content with inflicting alans shearer and hansen on us, never mind robbie bloody savage and sundry other neanderthal morons incapable of completing a coherent sentence, during the arsenal - villa match flashed up on the screen 'was it a penalty? tweet 'yes' or 'no' to @bbcmotd'. bastards, bastards.

on the subject of coverage, the bbc's flagship and time-honoured match of the day, not content with inflicting alans shearer and hansen on us, never mind robbie bloody savage and sundry other neanderthal morons incapable of completing a coherent sentence, during the arsenal - villa match flashed up on the screen 'was it a penalty? tweet 'yes' or 'no' to @bbcmotd'. bastards, bastards.

Another sign of the devil's imminent arrival.

Not sure whether or not the Premier League is really responsible for that. At the end of the day, the Premier League knows that whoever successfully bids for it, they'll be a commercial concern with the interest of reaching as many customers as possible, and thereby making as much money as possible. Unimaginable to think that whoever wins the rights, would do anything other than expand customer base.

Your problem anyway seems to have been more to do with having a stupid condo management committee that has decided to say "no" to your request of fitting a dish on the roof, simply for the sake of saying no.

True. I guess I'm just generally bitter and angry about the whole thing, especially after a frustrating night of trying to watch the footie on various internet streams. Hopefully I will have sorted out 365.com soon.

I really do sympathise with you. I would be fuming. sad.png.pagespeed.ce.5zxzyGiJz0.png

You are going to have to keep on at that Condo mob of yours.

Cheers. I will.

Edited by brewsterbudgen

brewsterbudgen

I had a few problems with 365 yesterday so contacted the support and they gave me a new link to download updated software. This seems to have fixed the problems as everything is now working fine.

By the way I noticed that they have not listed the Hull vs Chelsea game for tonight, does anyone have any info on this?