True Epl Coverage

binnsy

Are you cancelling TrueVisions?  

173 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going to cancel True due to them not getting the EPL?

• Yes. Have already or will be cancelling my True subscription.
    • No. I will keep it but may also change my viewing package.
    • Never had True Sports package

This poll is closed to new votes

OK. Heres my dilemma. If you take a look at the rest of the channel lineup on "CTH", frankly, its rubbish, nowhere near as good as True, despite True not being very good. As far as I can see, no BBC Channels on CTH, four of which are available on True in different packages.

Also, whilst CTH will have the Premiership, it wont have the other important Sports Events currently, and remaining with True. For example, The Golf Majors, The Tennis Grand Slams, All Major Rugby Matches (Setanta, on True), and dont forget True carried last years Olympics and the last Winter Olympics too. Also, for the Americans amongst us, all the NBA, MLB, NFL, and Ice Hockey, all on True, nowhere else I think?

So, if you (as am I ) are really peed off about the loss from True of the English Premiership, do you resign and thus also run the risk of losing all the other main events listed here? For me, I love Golf, Wimbledon, The Lions Tour etc etc, so with some frustration and regret looks like I will have to stay with True.

You should get yourself more clued up before launching into a rant...CTH have FOX Sports plus which is the same as what True have now, so you will get the golf and tennis majors and FI. But you won't get the Rugby and probably not the US sports (which I never watch) nor the Champs League, although some of that is on Thai or ITV in the UK if you get a link to that.

As for the 4 BBC channels that True have, I think they are rubbish and all repeats.

But generally I would agree with you, the only extra good channel we will get with CTH (except the PL) is SKY news, which for me is a big bonus. Oh and Star World too, which disappeared recently from True I seem to recall. Also remember CTH is cheaper and has 5 HD channels for the PL instead of True's 2.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My CTH dish is being fitted now as I write this its a different direction from true, sort of south east pointing im in Jomtien the box is being delivered on 20th June so fingers crosed but TIT so you never know but I will keep you informed>I cancelled my true last week and got receipt to prove but they havnt come for the box and dish yet but the CTH man took it down for me while they where here so all ready to go back when they come also the shop gave me paperwork to get signed when the come to take.Last week I took a free 1 week trial with Thai Expat TV it has itv bbc sky news channel 4 and a few others live(well about 5 mins behind live) or 7 days on demand.I know I can get this for free but I have problems with buffering on my connection and this is from in Thailand so no buffering.I thought when I subscribed for one month on windows pc format it would slow down but it hasn't so very happy and next season will be able to watch Campions Leage on ITV(if it stays on)its b600 month and you need 3mbps minimum but I would recommend it at least the trial and when I had a problem with set up I rang the helpline and a guy called Daryle was there to talk me through,all very helpful so goodbye true and if anyone needs a PVR I have one spare....

I do wish people would stop saying 'TIT' it's old now, time to be a bit more original. Go to the UK and see how long it takes for an engineer to come to your house there.

Try this www.uk-tv.asia as an alternative to Thai expat...it's free for 5 channels incl BBC1 and ITV and doesn't buffer and go go back 5 days.

My CTH dish is being fitted now as I write this its a different direction from true, sort of south east pointing im in Jomtien the box is being delivered on 20th June so fingers crosed but TIT so you never know but I will keep you informed>I cancelled my true last week and got receipt to prove but they havnt come for the box and dish yet but the CTH man took it down for me while they where here so all ready to go back when they come also the shop gave me paperwork to get signed when the come to take.Last week I took a free 1 week trial with Thai Expat TV it has itv bbc sky news channel 4 and a few others live(well about 5 mins behind live) or 7 days on demand.I know I can get this for free but I have problems with buffering on my connection and this is from in Thailand so no buffering.I thought when I subscribed for one month on windows pc format it would slow down but it hasn't so very happy and next season will be able to watch Campions Leage on ITV(if it stays on)its b600 month and you need 3mbps minimum but I would recommend it at least the trial and when I had a problem with set up I rang the helpline and a guy called Daryle was there to talk me through,all very helpful so goodbye true and if anyone needs a PVR I have one spare....

I do wish people would stop saying 'TIT' it's old now, time to be a bit more original. Go to the UK and see how long it takes for an engineer to come to your house there.

Try this www.uk-tv.asia as an alternative to Thai expat...it's free for 5 channels incl BBC1 and ITV and doesn't buffer and go go back 5 days.

Thanks for that link, excellent, much better than Expat TV because you can drag and drop it onto your TV, also a mute button with is not available on the other one.

I didn't say I had to wait for the engineer to come,read again ,I said I have to wait until the 20th for the box (if it comes as this is Thailand and things don't come when there supposed to)

And anyway who are you the words police ? .but thanks for the other link that looks usefull.

I didn't say I had to wait for the engineer to come,read again ,I said I have to wait until the 20th for the box (if it comes as this is Thailand and things don't come when there supposed to)

And anyway who are you the words police ? .but thanks for the other link that looks usefull.

Whatever, box, engineer, you just roll out the old crineworthy TIT, you probably thinks it's cool, but it's not, it's childish...my point is you could be waiting for something to turn up anywhere in the world, not just here, and I made an example in the UK, my sister recently had to wait until a week after the arranged date for a BT engineer to turn up, but she isn't belittiling the place saying TIE to anyone that will listen...grow up a bit. I've lived here for 13 years and pretty much everything i've bought or orderd has arrived exactly when they said it would.

You should get yourself more clued up before launching into a rant...CTH have FOX Sports plus which is the same as what True have now, so you will get the golf and tennis majors and FI. But you won't get the Rugby and probably not the US sports (which I never watch) nor the Champs League, although some of that is on Thai or ITV in the UK if you get a link to that.

With regards Champion's League, True broadcast the last season of it, but the year before that it was only on Thai TV. My point being, is it guaranteed to be on True next season and over the coming years? Personally i wouldn't trust that it will be.
  • Like 1

No info anywhere yet ref if you have to pay double bubble for 2 boxes?

Website states it's an extra 200 baht per extra box.

Interesting. What about the monthly bill though?

That's what i meant. An extra 200 baht per month. About the same as what True charges i think.
True has charged me an extra 400 baht for a second box with the Gold package for the 4 years I have been a True subscriber. 1,600 baht for one box and 2,005 baht for 2

One little commented on fact about True in its defence is that they have never tried to raise their price over that period. In the UK communication providers have always been raising prices, often in excess of inflation, in the last 15 years (was not always the case - when the technologies were being developed in the 80s and 90s there were reductions as suppliers achieved critical mass and technology price savings accrued).

With regards Champion's League, True broadcast the last season of it, but the year before that it was only on Thai TV. My point being, is it guaranteed to be on True next season and over the coming years? Personally i wouldn't trust that it will be.

They have it for 2 more years.

That's what i meant. An extra 200 baht per month. About the same as what True charges i think.
True has charged me an extra 400 baht for a second box with the Gold package for the 4 years I have been a True subscriber. 1,600 baht for one box and 2,005 baht for 2

One little commented on fact about True in its defence is that they have never tried to raise their price over that period. In the UK communication providers have always been raising prices, often in excess of inflation, in the last 15 years (was not always the case - when the technologies were being developed in the 80s and 90s there were reductions as suppliers achieved critical mass and technology price savings accrued).

Ok, that sounds about right. For 200 baht a month I may as well sling 1 in the bedroom too.

Whatever, box, engineer, you just roll out the old crineworthy TIT, you probably thinks it's cool, but it's not, it's childish...my point is you could be waiting for something to turn up anywhere in the world, not just here, and I made an example in the UK, my sister recently had to wait until a week after the arranged date for a BT engineer to turn up, but she isn't belittiling the place saying TIE to anyone that will listen...grow up a bit. I've lived here for 13 years and pretty much everything i've bought or orderd has arrived exactly when they said it would.

Good for you and your thirteen years here, im not having a go at Thailand I like it here and have nothing to complain about.You on the other hand go on threads calling people cheap noodle eaters and the other week you where moaning about aircon and it not being fair you had to pay.get a grip of yourself calling people childish .I am on hear trying to help people with experience ive had look at my posts......

your full of sh33t ive read some of yours with your 13 years, yippee for you .If you got nothing positive to say save your electricity and our time and go and annoy someone else...13 years muppit ha

OK. Heres my dilemma. If you take a look at the rest of the channel lineup on "CTH", frankly, its rubbish, nowhere near as good as True, despite True not being very good. As far as I can see, no BBC Channels on CTH, four of which are available on True in different packages.

Also, whilst CTH will have the Premiership, it wont have the other important Sports Events currently, and remaining with True. For example, The Golf Majors, The Tennis Grand Slams, All Major Rugby Matches (Setanta, on True), and dont forget True carried last years Olympics and the last Winter Olympics too. Also, for the Americans amongst us, all the NBA, MLB, NFL, and Ice Hockey, all on True, nowhere else I think?

So, if you (as am I ) are really peed off about the loss from True of the English Premiership, do you resign and thus also run the risk of losing all the other main events listed here? For me, I love Golf, Wimbledon, The Lions Tour etc etc, so with some frustration and regret looks like I will have to stay with True.

As for the 4 BBC channels that True have, I think they are rubbish and all repeats.

But generally I would agree with you, the only extra good channel we will get with CTH (except the PL) is SKY news, which for me is a big bonus. Oh and Star World too, which disappeared recently from True I seem to recall. Also remember CTH is cheaper and has 5 HD channels for the PL instead of True's 2.

Sorry, get YOUR self more clued up, my post is by no means a rant, it is a balanced contribution aimed at pointing out the dilemma faced by many True subscribers just now!!

• Like 1

Sorry, get YOUR self more clued up, my post is by no means a rant, it is a balanced contribution aimed at pointing out the dilemma faced by many True subscribers just now!!
I share your dilemma. I won't get rid of True until I'm 100% sure that won't get their hands on any EPL games, although I'm about 95% sure now. I don't really want to lose the BBC channels, HBO, CNN, History, NGC, Discover (all HD) plus the great sports coverage, until I know my condo can actually receive CTH and I have a better idea of what they're offering, apart from EPL.

At this point, bearing in mind Trues excellent coverage of Golf, Tennis Majors, Rugby (Setanta), and all the top US Sports, I think I ll stick with True. The other factor is if you know which sites to use, you can easily download BBC Match Of The Day, which these days shows highlights and goals from all matches. Then I can spend happy Sundays watching highlights only. That will do for me!

Besides, I wont miss all the cheating, diving and blatantly unfair hystrionics from the likes of Bale, Suarez and lots of others!! Try that tactic in Rugby Union and youre off, yellow or red card!!

At this point, bearing in mind Trues excellent coverage of Golf, Tennis Majors, Rugby (Setanta), and all the top US Sports, I think I ll stick with True. The other factor is if you know which sites to use, you can easily download BBC Match Of The Day, which these days shows highlights and goals from all matches. Then I can spend happy Sundays watching highlights only. That will do for me!

Besides, I wont miss all the cheating, diving and blatantly unfair hystrionics from the likes of Bale, Suarez and lots of others!! Try that tactic in Rugby Union and youre off, yellow or red card!!

Pat, you do know you are in the Football Forum don't you and this thread is about EPL coverage. smile.png

Believe me, for us who love to watch the EPL, Match of the Day don't cut it. Could you imagine watching your Golf only to highlights of the ball dropping in the hole.

Exactly Mr.B, how could I have meaningful discussions with you if I hadn't seen City as much (or more) than you? biggrin.png

• Like 1

Pat, you do know you are in the Football Forum don't you and this thread is about EPL coverage. smile.png

Believe me, for us who love to watch the EPL, Match of the Day don't cut it. Could you imagine watching your Golf only to highlights of the ball dropping in the hole.

Obviously not a real football fan otherwise changing from True to CTH would be a no brainer sad.png

Obviously not a real football fan otherwise changing from True to CTH would be a no brainer sad.png

I think pat is to busy on his post round to watch more than highlights.

I just knew you would be sticking with True,Through thick and thin Postman Pat a True man (just a joke) as you where so staunch in defending True in the past.

regards Worgeordie Me, I am over the moon they are loosing so many customers, I was with them from when they were IBC ,canceled about 5 years ago

and they never refunded my deposit. only 4K Bht, but the amount is not the issue, B@#$%ds.

Edited by worgeordie

With regards to the poll. More people have voted than I first anticipated.

74 votes. Of which 41 (63.08 %) have cancelled or will be doing. If True don't do a deal, that will probably go up. Obviously that figure is only a small representation of foreigners and here on TV but I wonder what the number is of Thai's cancelling.

Getting the installation on Tuesday 18th hopefully! (satelite not cable) Will post after that and let you know how it goes. One other thing, according to the guy I spoke with, if you have a grammy box, this too will work thru the same dish. Means if you watch championship football, or use basic Thai TV in bedroom, you won't have to get an extra CTH box for 200bt per month.

• Like 1