Forum upgrade in progress! ×

True Epl Coverage

binnsy

Are you cancelling TrueVisions?  

173 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going to cancel True due to them not getting the EPL?

• Yes. Have already or will be cancelling my True subscription.
    • No. I will keep it but may also change my viewing package.
    • Never had True Sports package

This poll is closed to new votes

With regards to the poll. More people have voted than I first anticipated.

74 votes. Of which 41 (63.08 %) have cancelled or will be doing. If True don't do a deal, that will probably go up. Obviously that figure is only a small representation of foreigners and here on TV but I wonder what the number is of Thai's cancelling.

Thai's won't cancel because of the football Mr. B.......to be seen having your dish taken away would be a sign that you can't afford it..............massive loss of face and try explaining to other Thai's you had it removed simply because of football.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With regards to the poll. More people have voted than I first anticipated.

74 votes. Of which 41 (63.08 %) have cancelled or will be doing. If True don't do a deal, that will probably go up. Obviously that figure is only a small representation of foreigners and here on TV but I wonder what the number is of Thai's cancelling.

Thai's won't cancel because of the football Mr. B.......to be seen having your dish taken away would be a sign that you can't afford it..............massive loss of face and try explaining to other Thai's you had it removed simply because of football.

Nah Ups. Personally I think we put too much emphasis on what the Thai "face" actually is. This isn't some sort of personal insult, it's just getting rid of something. But if you do think it's about face, then they will gain more face by buying a newer set up than keeping an old one. "Oh, you still have old True dish eh, I have new CTH box and dish" biggrin.png

Getting the installation on Tuesday 18th hopefully! (satelite not cable) Will post after that and let you know how it goes. One other thing, according to the guy I spoke with, if you have a grammy box, this too will work thru the same dish. Means if you watch championship football, or use basic Thai TV in bedroom, you won't have to get an extra CTH box for 200bt per month.

All updates will be much appreciated ! I'm in BKK and will have to go the satellite route as well.

Getting the installation on Tuesday 18th hopefully! (satelite not cable) Will post after that and let you know how it goes. One other thing, according to the guy I spoke with, if you have a grammy box, this too will work thru the same dish. Means if you watch championship football, or use basic Thai TV in bedroom, you won't have to get an extra CTH box for 200bt per month.

I will be very surprised if you can receive GMM-Z on the same dish.

CTH are on ABS 1 at 75.0 E

GMM-z are on Thaicom 5 at 78.5 E

Me too. 1st girl I spoke to said cannot, then the techy guy I saw later said no problem. They are bringing an extra CTH box anyway so if grammy doesn't work, I'll just take the additional one as well. AFAIK The CTH is on Venasat 2 (vietnamese)Let you know tomo pm...if they show up!

You should get yourself more clued up before launching into a rant...CTH have FOX Sports plus which is the same as what True have now, so you will get the golf and tennis majors and FI. But you won't get the Rugby and probably not the US sports (which I never watch) nor the Champs League, although some of that is on Thai or ITV in the UK if you get a link to that.

With regards Champion's League, True broadcast the last season of it, but the year before that it was only on Thai TV. My point being, is it guaranteed to be on True next season and over the coming years? Personally i wouldn't trust that it will be.

They have it for 2 more years.

2 years more without EPL Is nothing. I want to want to watch All 380 matchs of EPL More than 200 matchs or more of Champion league.

Me too. 1st girl I spoke to said cannot, then the techy guy I saw later said no problem. They are bringing an extra CTH box anyway so if grammy doesn't work, I'll just take the additional one as well. AFAIK The CTH is on Venasat 2 (vietnamese)Let you know tomo pm...if they show up!

Same old Thailand. Fitter arrived with dish...no boxes!! When I spoke to the office, the guy who arranged things said "sorry when I said you can have boxes, I thought you had cable" Tried to explain that if I had cable, I wouldn't have needed a dish! suddenly his English failed! Anyway, was initially advised that they would bring dishes on 23rd. Subsequent phone call arrived saying now not available until 30th. Ah well, fingers crossed!

The dish is pointing in a completely different direction to True, so looks like no chance of the Grammy box working.

Same old Thailand. Fitter arrived with dish...no boxes!! When I spoke to the office, the guy who arranged things said "sorry when I said you can have boxes, I thought you had cable" Tried to explain that if I had cable, I wouldn't have needed a dish! suddenly his English failed! Anyway, was initially advised that they would bring dishes on 23rd. Subsequent phone call arrived saying now not available until 30th. Ah well, fingers crossed!

The dish is pointing in a completely different direction to True, so looks like no chance of the Grammy box working.

Fat chance of us all getting connected up in time for the end of next season at this rate?!

PS - Sky just announced price rises in the UK of up to 10% for its packages. Press predict 46 quid per month for the football package (ie without the premium movie channels - I haven't seen the predicted combined package prediction but it could be 55 quid plus).

If we do eventually get connected it is going to continue to be significantly cheaper than farang land - for all but those aged farangs who come on TV, stuck in some time warp and complaining that Thailand is just as expensive as Europe (....... was fifteen years ago when they were last therewai.gif )

I went into the CTH agents shop on Pattaya Tai yesterday. He said satellite boxes are due to be delivered at the start of July. We've signed up for CTH via satellite, which included free installation in 2 rooms. Dish due to be installed after the weekend and the box once it arrives, hopefully in 10 days or so.

Some guy in pattaya reported this. Boxes to arrive later apparently.

That's me,they didn't turn up yesterday.

Anyway went to the shop they said boxes now due in on the 23rd which I thought was funny because that's sunday .

I will post again when they turn up,dish is up and ready to go so like other poster said fingers crossed.

My CTH dish is being fitted now as I write this its a different direction from true, sort of south east pointing im in Jomtien the box is being delivered on 20th June so fingers crosed but TIT so you never know but I will keep you informed>I cancelled my true last week and got receipt to prove but they havnt come for the box and dish yet but the CTH man took it down for me while they where here so all ready to go back when they come also the shop gave me paperwork to get signed when the come to take.Last week I took a free 1 week trial with Thai Expat TV it has itv bbc sky news channel 4 and a few others live(well about 5 mins behind live) or 7 days on demand.I know I can get this for free but I have problems with buffering on my connection and this is from in Thailand so no buffering.I thought when I subscribed for one month on windows pc format it would slow down but it hasn't so very happy and next season will be able to watch Campions Leage on ITV(if it stays on)its b600 month and you need 3mbps minimum but I would recommend it at least the trial and when I had a problem with set up I rang the helpline and a guy called Daryle was there to talk me through,all very helpful so goodbye true and if anyone needs a PVR I have one spare....

I have just bought Apple TV from UK to use with my IPad and widescreen TV. Not out of the box yet. Do you know if I can go to the online store and subscribe to Thai Expat TV. I don't want to have to pay for another Apple TV box. Thanks

My CTH dish is being fitted now as I write this its a different direction from true, sort of south east pointing im in Jomtien the box is being delivered on 20th June so fingers crosed but TIT so you never know but I will keep you informed>I cancelled my true last week and got receipt to prove but they havnt come for the box and dish yet but the CTH man took it down for me while they where here so all ready to go back when they come also the shop gave me paperwork to get signed when the come to take.Last week I took a free 1 week trial with Thai Expat TV it has itv bbc sky news channel 4 and a few others live(well about 5 mins behind live) or 7 days on demand.I know I can get this for free but I have problems with buffering on my connection and this is from in Thailand so no buffering.I thought when I subscribed for one month on windows pc format it would slow down but it hasn't so very happy and next season will be able to watch Campions Leage on ITV(if it stays on)its b600 month and you need 3mbps minimum but I would recommend it at least the trial and when I had a problem with set up I rang the helpline and a guy called Daryle was there to talk me through,all very helpful so goodbye true and if anyone needs a PVR I have one spare....

I have just bought Apple TV from UK to use with my IPad and widescreen TV. Not out of the box yet. Do you know if I can go to the online store and subscribe to Thai Expat TV. I don't want to have to pay for another Apple TV box. Thanks

I've got a feeling that you need to do it from the computer you will be using at home.....but don't ask me why?

When I spoke to the guy at Ex-Pat TV I asked him if I could have it on two computers in my home? He said, sure but it will be two subscriptions, just like any other subscription TV. That's all I know, others might be more helpful.

I've got a feeling that you need to do it from the computer you will be using at home.....but don't ask me why?

When I spoke to the guy at Ex-Pat TV I asked him if I could have it on two computers in my home? He said, sure but it will be two subscriptions, just like any other subscription TV. That's all I know, others might be more helpful.

I got the answer using Thai expat TV live chat. The answer is yes I can and the cost is 600 baht per month. Epic. Truevisions you are DEAD

• Like 2

I got the answer using Thai expat TV live chat. The answer is yes I can and the cost is 600 baht per month. Epic. Truevisions you are DEAD

Jonjo .... Indebted to you..... Thai expat tv exactly what I need. Just signed up for EPL buy 10 get 2 free. Awesome. My platinum 2300 baht cancelled. 2 new ones = @1500 baht incl tax. COYS.

Wife phoned CTH and got put on the list/queue. It seems all the prices advertised are net. Have to add tax and 1800 deposit for each box. 100 per month per box also charged, so my one year deal with dish and one box arriving at a total of @ 11,000 baht. Still an absolute bargain. Will post when it is all installed with exact costs.

Thanks to everyone on this thread for the info. The footy and some UK TV very important for me out in the sticks. Truevisions eat your heart out!

Wife phoned CTH and got put on the list/queue. It seems all the prices advertised are net. Have to add tax and 1800 deposit for each box. 100 per month per box also charged, so my one year deal with dish and one box arriving at a total of @ 11,000 baht. Still an absolute bargain. Will post when it is all installed with exact costs.

Thanks to everyone on this thread for the info. The footy and some UK TV very important for me out in the sticks. Truevisions eat your heart out!

For this price have you taken the subscription for one year or 3 years

Wife phoned CTH and got put on the list/queue. It seems all the prices advertised are net. Have to add tax and 1800 deposit for each box. 100 per month per box also charged, so my one year deal with dish and one box arriving at a total of @ 11,000 baht. Still an absolute bargain. Will post when it is all installed with exact costs.Thanks to everyone on this thread for the info. The footy and some UK TV very important for me out in the sticks. Truevisions eat your heart out!

I said:

so my one year deal with dish.

Wife is awake now, she confirms:

1 year offer package 9619.30

Deposit 1800

Setting installation 534.77

Total baht 11954

Still a bargain compared to the robbing bast666s at True

Wife phoned CTH and got put on the list/queue. It seems all the prices advertised are net. Have to add tax and 1800 deposit for each box. 100 per month per box also charged, so my one year deal with dish and one box arriving at a total of @ 11,000 baht. Still an absolute bargain. Will post when it is all installed with exact costs.Thanks to everyone on this thread for the info. The footy and some UK TV very important for me out in the sticks. Truevisions eat your heart out!

I said:

Deposit 1800

Total baht 11954

I know you are very excited, but give it a rest with the true bashing, it's a bit boring now.

They still brought us 380 PL games a year and virtually every other sport under the sun (except cricket) you will see from this thread that some are still in 2 minds what to do as they don't want to lose all thesports that true have. I'm from the UK and SKY is far more expnsive than true, but I don't hear nobdy over there crying about being 'robbed'

I said:

Deposit 1800

Total baht 11954

I know you are very excited, but give it a rest with the true bashing, it's a bit boring now.

They still brought us 380 PL games a year and virtually every other sport under the sun (except cricket) you will see from this thread that some are still in 2 minds what to do as they don't want to lose all thesports that true have. I'm from the UK and SKY is far more expnsive than true, but I don't hear nobdy over there crying about being 'robbed'

So we can take it that your staying with True then ? and by the way the way you can hardly compare the cost of True and the cost of Sky taking into account the cost of living in the UK.

• Like 2