True Epl Coverage

binnsy

Are you cancelling TrueVisions?  

173 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going to cancel True due to them not getting the EPL?

• Yes. Have already or will be cancelling my True subscription.
    • No. I will keep it but may also change my viewing package.
    • Never had True Sports package

This poll is closed to new votes

I tend to agree with Hotandhumid. Exactly why is True's service so appalling? They carry the standard international channels (Fox, HBO, Cinemax, BBC, CNN, NGC, Discovery, TLC, History plus many more), they have their own English language channels with some classics like The Simpsons, and for 3 years have provided outstanding coverage of Premier League football, plus almost every other major sporting event under the sun! They may well have fuc_ked up by being outbid for the Premier League rights for the next 3 years and, like many, I may have no option but to move to CTH (if I can get it at my condo). True's prices are competitive and compare favourably with other international satellite TV services.

I guess some people just like to knock everything!

Edited by brewsterbudgen

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope it gets sorted quick Chiqoc. In the last 5 years we have had absolutely superb coverage of English football here. I didn't miss a single City league game last year.

No problem bj, with all your money you can just fly over to Thailand every week to watch the game laugh.png

But I don't like flying alfie. It does my head in and is a necessary evil as part of my job. I have to go to the UK on business next week and have tried my best to dodge it. Still, the wife and daughter have beggared off to Thailand for summer hols, so I will at least have my 50th birthday with the family in the UK.

Oh yeah and I can bring back my new Bowers and Wilkins Zeppelin speaker dock. Can't wait to hear the little (or big) beauties.

50th birthday, good heaven's Mr. B I'll have to treat you with more respect now you qualify as a retiree in Thailand.

Anyway, whatever you do have a great birthday! biggrin.png

The pure hatred for TRUE on here nevr ceazes to amaze me. Sad people.

You sound like a fully paid-up PR consultant for TRUE in most of your posts, hotandhumid. Equally sad IMHO.

More sad than having genuine anger and biterness towards what is basically a tv operator that you don't even have to subscribe to?

It's utterly pathetic.

For many years, people have to subscribe to them - either that or get to see no coverage - because UBC/True have enjoyed a monopoly in the market place, and have taken advantage of that complete lack of competition by delivering at times appalling service, because they knew they could. And yeah, people do get pissed off when that happens and when a company messes them around.That doesn't make them sad or pathetic, it simply makes them normal consumers with reasonable expectations.

Either you aren't normal, or you haven't experienced the poor service others have. Whichever it is, you certainly do get strangely defensive on their behalf, and are quick to attack people who have complaints about this company. I remember when i myself posted about some problems i had had with them, you came immediately to the conclusion before i had even had a chance to explain my issues in detail, that i must simply be making it up, and was complaining for the sake of complaining. Bizarre.

+1. In my remote neck of the woods, it's a choice between True or nothing (except the Thai terrestrial channels). My answer to hotandhumid's question is therefore in the affirmative, and I for one consider it utterly pathetic for him to be sticking up for True in this way.

Edited by OJAS

I tend to agree with Hotandhumid. Exactly why is True's service so appalling? They carry the standard international channels (Fox, HBO, Cinemax, BBC, CNN, NGC, Discovery, TLC, History plus many more), they have their own English language channels with some classics like The Simpsons, and for 3 years have provided outstanding coverage of Premier League football, plus almost every other major sporting event under the sun! They may well have fuc_ked up by being outbid for the Premier League rights for the next 3 years and, like many, I may have no option but to move to CTH (if I can get it at my condo). True's prices are competitive and compare favourably with other international satellite TV services.

I would hardly call the Simpsons "a classic".

And I hardly recall you having many nice words to say about the HK passport renewal process a year or so ago, Mr B! But there again, neither did I, consistent with my record as a compulsive knocker of everything.

U watched MOTD recently?

True pisses on it.

Can't say I have - wasn't even aware that MOTD was viewable on Thai TV screens. In any event, True will need to direct their urine elsewhere now that they've lost the EPL screening rights in LOS biggrin.png

and for 3 years have provided outstanding coverage of Premier League football

If you call that "outstanding coverage", then I'd suggest you don't set your standards very high.

That's right, showing all 380 games per season isn't outstanding. They should have aimed for 381.

Pathetic people.

Now off you trot to get your noodles.

• Like 1

I would hardly call the Simpsons "a classic".

And I hardly recall you having many nice words to say about the HK passport renewal process a year or so ago, Mr B! But there again, neither did I, consistent with my record as a compulsive knocker of everything.

Personally I consider The Simpsons to be a classic example of a classic TV series.

Yeah, the HK renewal process sucked for me as it took over 4 weeks!

Edited by brewsterbudgen

If you call that "outstanding coverage", then I'd suggest you don't set your standards very high.

I would say that covering every single Premiership game live, with most matches repeated later in the week so you can catch up on the games you missed, HD, and all the Premiership magazine analysis shows, is unparalleled coverage and outstanding by any measure.

Edited by brewsterbudgen

True's programming has at times been very good, at other times very bad. They always seem though to be a one step forward, two steps back type of company. The just start broadcasting sports like the World Snooker, F1 and some other sports in HD, and the moment they do that, they lose the football. They rarely seem able to simply build on good programming. Something has to get taken away at the same time as something is added. A few years ago, they just started showing Premier League in HD, and they lost Champions League. And when have they ever shown either World Cup or the Euros? These competitions of course need to be shown on terrestrial TV for the masses, but couldn't True broadcast the event also, with the option of English commentary and with some slightly more insightful pre-game analysis than the two chaps in anoraks? It is the biggest sporting event in the world, and as self-proclaimed kings of sport, in a football crazy nation, it should have been top of their priority list.

But their programming is not all bad. Some of it has been very good. Most of my own problems with True haven't been to do so much with content, they have been to do with delivery of content, and general customer relations. One example of how i felt they let me down was with the PVR service they ran a few years ago. I paid 15,000 baht for their PVR machine, and from day one, it never worked reliably. They could not repair it and would not allow me to return it. It wasn't just me. The internet was full of people, and they all had the exact same problem, so the machine was clearly inherently faulty. Having spent all that money on it, most were forced to carry on using it, with its hit and miss recordings. Then one day, not much more than a couple of years later, they announced they were forcing everyone to change their receivers and the new receivers would not be compatible with the existing PVR. No offer to replace old PVR units with new. Everyone left with useless and expensive door stops.

This is just one example of very poor customer relations. There are many of others. But at the end of the day, if you have been impressed with this company and think they do a good job, that's fine, that's your opinion. I wouldn't tell you your were sad or pathetic for having that opinion, nor would i accuse you of making up your feelings of contentment, and nor would i insult you. Hotandhumid has done all those things throughout this thread, as well as throwing in some other condescending remarks at someone who wanted to save the money they were spending on True, and that therefore made them a pauper living on noodles and without a pot to piss in. What gives him the right to judge people this way?

• Like 1

True's programming has at times been very good, at other times very bad. They always seem though to be a one step forward, two steps back type of company. The just start broadcasting sports like the World Snooker, F1 and some other sports in HD, and the moment they do that, they lose the football. They rarely seem able to simply build on good programming. Something has to get taken away at the same time as something is added. A few years ago, they just started showing Premier League in HD, and they lost Champions League. And when have they ever shown either World Cup or the Euros? These competitions of course need to be shown on terrestrial TV for the masses, but couldn't True broadcast the event also, with the option of English commentary and with some slightly more insightful pre-game analysis than the two chaps in anoraks? It is the biggest sporting event in the world, and as self-proclaimed kings of sport, in a football crazy nation, it should have been top of their priority list.

But their programming is not all bad. Some of it has been very good. Most of my own problems with True haven't been to do so much with content, they have been to do with delivery of content, and general customer relations. One example of how i felt they let me down was with the PVR service they ran a few years ago. I paid 15,000 baht for their PVR machine, and from day one, it never worked reliably. They could not repair it and would not allow me to return it. It wasn't just me. The internet was full of people, and they all had the exact same problem, so the machine was clearly inherently faulty. Having spent all that money on it, most were forced to carry on using it, with its hit and miss recordings. Then one day, not much more than a couple of years later, they announced they were forcing everyone to change their receivers and the new receivers would not be compatible with the existing PVR. No offer to replace old PVR units with new. Everyone left with useless and expensive door stops.

This is just one example of very poor customer relations. There are many of others. But at the end of the day, if you have been impressed with this company and think they do a good job, that's fine, that's your opinion. I wouldn't tell you your were sad or pathetic for having that opinion, nor would i accuse you of making up your feelings of contentment, and nor would i insult you. Hotandhumid has done all those things throughout this thread, as well as throwing in some other condescending remarks at someone who wanted to save the money they were spending on True, and that therefore made them a pauper living on noodles and without a pot to piss in. What gives him the right to judge people this way?

God gives me the right.

As I said before, nothing wrong with constructed critism, but the pure hatred and resentment for True, not just on this thread but over the years on here, simply amazes me. They are a tv broadcaster for heavens sakes, they haven't bombed your house with your family inside. So yes, I stand by what i said, some people here are pathetic and need to have a look at themselves if you can get so angry and fill themselves with hate over a tv broadcaster.

God gives me the right.

As I said before, nothing wrong with constructed critism, but the pure hatred and resentment for True, not just on this thread but over the years on here, simply amazes me. They are a tv broadcaster for heavens sakes, they haven't bombed your house with your family inside. So yes, I stand by what i said, some people here are pathetic and need to have a look at themselves if you can get so angry and fill themselves with hate over a tv broadcaster.

Accusing people of being "filled with hatred" for the company, is just your attempt to belittle them - along with comments about eating noodles and being utterly pathetic people - and is as silly and trollish were i to accuse you of being consumed by infatuation, love and adoration for True. You are taking people's genuine complaints and feelings, and stretching them into something extreme and ridiculous, just because you don't share those opinions.
  • Like 2

Thing is Mr Hotandhumid, all you've really done on here since this thread started is to talk cr*p and most of us who are concerned about next seasons football coverage wish you would either add something constructive, or interesting, preferably both, or stop wasting our time and bore off.

So if you do actually know anything with regards next seasons coverage why don't you just post it or do one

• Like 2

I would say that covering every single Premiership game live, with most matches repeated later in the week so you can catch up on the games you missed, HD, and all the Premiership magazine analysis shows, is unparalleled coverage and outstanding by any measure.

Par for the course are all 380 games live with English commentary, and studio analysis of the featured matches from PLTV. And more importantly, ALL 380 games in HD, not a couple of channels.

And no late return to the second half because of an advert for Euro Custard Cake et al.

Thing is Mr Hotandhumid, all you've really done on here since this thread started is to talk cr*p and most of us who are concerned about next seasons football coverage wish you would either add something constructive, or interesting, preferably both, or stop wasting our time and bore off.

So if you do actually know anything with regards next seasons coverage why don't you just post it or do one

I'll let you off as you addressed me as Mr.

God gives me the right.

Accusing people of being "filled with hatred" for the company, is just your attempt to belittle them - along with comments about eating noodles and being utterly pathetic people - and is as silly and trollish were i to accuse you of being consumed by infatuation, love and adoration for True. You are taking people's genuine complaints and feelings, and stretching them into something extreme and ridiculous, just because you don't share those opinions.

Show me a post of love an adoration I have made? I've said that there sports broadcasting is very good, which it is, or don't you agree?

Say what you want fella, but people here DO have hatred and bitterness towards a tv broadcaster, if you think that is anyway normal then you crack on, but to me it is totally pathetic.

There you go! That was your best post yet.

There you go! That was your best post yet.

What are you judge and jury around here?

Stalker.

Right then chaps. Enough of the mud slinging etc. Everybody has the right to their opinion and as long as it is kept civil, that's fine but I'm gonna start clamping down on insults.

Well said, that man!

That includes you.

Right, I went to the CTH shop in Pattaya Tai today, the latest is as follows..

He said the boxes will be ready on the 10th July, I told him where I live (Dark Side) and he said everything over there will be satellite only.

You have to pay Bt3,500 which includes a Bt1,800 deposit for the box, which you get refunded when you eventually return the box, so basically you lose Bt1,700 and there is also an installation fee of Bt300

If you want an extra box (like me) it is an additional Bt1,800 plus Bt200 per month.

As said previously the monthly fee is Bt899 per month + vat so for 2 boxes will be Bt1,099 plus vat.

I am going to go for the deal of pay for 10 months to get 2 months free, so the total for my package will be around Bt17,500 with Bt3,600 to come back at some point in the future (or maybe not laugh.png )

They also have a demo there now on their tv, not all the channels are on there, but they did have the SKY news channel.

I registered and paid a deposit of Bt1,000 so fingers crossed I will be all set up just after the 10th and then it's adios True Visions.

H&H

Thanks for the info hotandhumid

Do you have to use a CTH dish (if so how much) or can you supply your own dish

Thanks

He said the boxes will be ready on the 10th July, I told him where I live (Dark Side) and he said everything over there will be satellite only.

You have to pay Bt3,500 which includes a Bt1,800 deposit for the box, which you get refunded when you eventually return the box, so basically you lose Bt1,700 and there is also an installation fee of Bt300

If you want an extra box (like me) it is an additional Bt1,800 plus Bt200 per month.

As said previously the monthly fee is Bt899 per month + vat so for 2 boxes will be Bt1,099 plus vat.

I am going to go for the deal of pay for 10 months to get 2 months free, so the total for my package will be around Bt17,500 with Bt3,600 to come back at some point in the future (or maybe not laugh.png )

They also have a demo there now on their tv, not all the channels are on there, but they did have the SKY news channel.

I registered and paid a deposit of Bt1,000 so fingers crossed I will be all set up just after the 10th and then it's adios True Visions.

H&H

H&H

Did you ask what the 1,700 baht was for ?

Edited by alfieconn

H&H

Lao Khao and loose women of course.

H&H

No, I didn't bother. Maybe it's for the dish?

Thanks

H&H

The dish is included in the price of bt3,500

No idea if you can use another dish, why, are you thinking about using your dustbin lid?

Thanks

H&H

The dish is included in the price of bt3,500

No idea if you can use another dish, why, are you thinking about using your dustbin lid?

Perhaps he's thinking about using his True dish.

biggrin.png