True Epl Coverage

binnsy

Are you cancelling TrueVisions?  

173 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going to cancel True due to them not getting the EPL?

• Yes. Have already or will be cancelling my True subscription.
    • No. I will keep it but may also change my viewing package.
    • Never had True Sports package

This poll is closed to new votes

OK even with some of the negative comments on here I have once again bitten the bullet and should have CTH fitted tomorrow. I am amazed at the fact that they will do it so quickly having read that they were behind schedule and that there was a longish waiting list, so happy with that. Maybe this is because the wife arranged things, Thai Rak Thai and all that. This is the Pattaya shop on Klang, which I guess some of you have used?

The cost is 3500 Baht and as I understand things that includes the first month. Sound right?

Klang or Tai? I used the shop on Tai.

Bt 3,500.00 sounds right for box and install, as that is what I paid, but did not include 1st month. They asked me for 2 months up front, so in total I paid just shy of Bt 5,500.00

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK even with some of the negative comments on here I have once again bitten the bullet and should have CTH fitted tomorrow. I am amazed at the fact that they will do it so quickly having read that they were behind schedule and that there was a longish waiting list, so happy with that. Maybe this is because the wife arranged things, Thai Rak Thai and all that. This is the Pattaya shop on Klang, which I guess some of you have used?

The cost is 3500 Baht and as I understand things that includes the first month. Sound right?

Bt 3,500.00 sounds right for box and install, as that is what I paid, but did not include 1st month. They asked me for 2 months up front, so in total I paid just shy of Bt 5,500.00

Sorry PP after checking with the missus it was the shop on Tai. She is saying that we paid for the first month, but maybe not. The bill is not broken down, just shows 3500.

I am amazed at the fact that they will do it so quickly having read that they were behind schedule and that there was a longish waiting list, so happy with that. Maybe this is because the wife arranged things, Thai Rak Thai and all that.

No it's because your wife isn't getting CTH to directly themselves do the install. If you are happy to use an independent satellite shop, the wait in most places hasn't been much more than a week. Had your wife phoned CTH and asked them to install, you'd be looking at some time next month I suspect.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ XA using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Sorry PP after checking with the missus it was the shop on Tai. She is saying that we paid for the first month, but maybe not. The bill is not broken down, just shows 3500.

1200 - dish

500 - install

1800 - box (refundable)

I am amazed at the fact that they will do it so quickly having read that they were behind schedule and that there was a longish waiting list, so happy with that. Maybe this is because the wife arranged things, Thai Rak Thai and all that.

No it's because your wife isn't getting CTH to directly themselves do the install. If you are happy to use an independent satellite shop, the wait in most places hasn't been much more than a week. Had your wife phoned CTH and asked them to install, you'd be looking at some time next month I suspect.

Agree with rixalex.

I used the satellite shop on Neun Plab Wan, opposite Esso (kindly noted by an earlier poster). Went last Friday afternoon and all set-up by Sunday afternoon. Missed the Saturday games but my fault for delaying contacting them. Still have the True subscription but may look into the discount angle as noted earlier.

The cost is 3500 Baht and as I understand things that includes the first month.

The instalment price seems to be different wherever you go.

I used the shop next to index on suk road.

I paid 3000 fitted 3 weeks ago and still waiting for a bill.

I will pay for 12 months and get 2 months free.

Not entirely happy but have no choice if I want to watch the football.

Still kept true visions as I like to watch the golf and champions league.

1200 - dish

500 - install

1800 - box (refundable)

Dish should be free, you've been scammed sad.png

• Like 1

1200 - dish

500 - install

1800 - box (refundable)

Thanks for the breakdown PP

Thanks for the explanation Rixalex.

Just watching Ful V Ars on 365sport, and the picture is perfect almost looks HD, crystal clear.

No Norwich again unfortunatly tonight

So am I. Really good quality.

I'm very tempted to subscribe (the free trial ends next week) but I'm a little concerned whether the service will continue to be available all season. Surely CTH can't be happy, unless they didn't buy the internet rights.

Just watching Ful V Ars on 365sport, and the picture is perfect almost looks HD, crystal clear.

No Norwich again unfortunatly tonight

Take it you are watching on your computer. Connect it up to your TV and unfortunately it looks far from "almost HD".

In Saudi we have Al Jazzeera and the Fulham v Arsenal is presented by Keys and Gray, do they have the same on CTH?

No, we are back to the Thai bods again for the time being, meant to be getting the English pundits end of September, John Dykes and Co, but no-one is holding their breath.

Out of interest, where is Al Jazeera broadcast from? I mean what country in the Middle East? I assume Keys and Gray must spend 2-3 days a week living there if they are in the studio presenting there? Are you impressed with them? A lot of people don't take them seriously anymore, like a couple of clowns...tweedle dumb and tweedle dee..

In Saudi we have Al Jazzeera and the Fulham v Arsenal is presented by Keys and Gray, do they have the same on CTH?

No, we are back to the Thai bods again for the time being, meant to be getting the English pundits end of September, John Dykes and Co, but no-one is holding their breath.

Out of interest, where is Al Jazeera broadcast from? I mean what country in the Middle East? I assume Keys and Gray must spend 2-3 days a week living there if they are in the studio presenting there? Are you impressed with them? A lot of people don't take them seriously anymore, like a couple of clowns...tweedle dumb and tweedle dee..

London, but thats not a country in the Middle East biggrin.png

Never liked Keys and Gray. Especially Gray. I used to hate it when he did his tidley winks analysis.

I think Al Jazeera is based in Doha, Qatar.

^They are based in the Middle East and are even doing their radio show from there. Take no notice of Know nothing Alfie. He is talking crap again. London? 555555

"Keys and Gray, whose contract for their daily show on talkSPORT expired at the end of May, will continue working for the radio station once a week from Qatar. They will present a weekly programme on Fridays previewing the weekend's football."

Edited by wilai
  • Like 1

^They are based in the Middle East and are even doing their radio show from there. Take no notice of Know nothing Alfie. He is talking crap again. London? 555555

"Keys and Gray, whose contract for their daily show on talkSPORT expired at the end of May, will continue working for the radio station once a week from Qatar. They will present a weekly programme on Fridays previewing the weekend's football."

Know nothing Alfie.

How'd you know.

• Like 1

Know nothing Alfie.

How'd you know.

If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck?....then it is probably a duck 5555

• Like 1

So is it London or Doha?

Must admit i thought the show i'd seen was based in London but obviously not facepalm.gifbiggrin.png

Last year, Abu Dhabi Sports used to do a lot (not all) of their programmes associated with the EPL from a studio the UK. With the quality of satellites nowadays, I don't suppose it matters where you are.

Actually you can order Al Jazeera from internet now too,alot of guys are doing that in Finland and Thailand. And hd-channels are 4mg stream,so you need highspeed-internet,at least 10mb.I´m ordering tomorrow.

All you need is smartDNS,cost you 5$/m,it changes your dns to middle east. After running that you can log-in to Al-jazeera sports,they have rights for almost every league+international competitions. Whole season is 135$.

I take 1 month trial first and get back here with results.

And no,i´m not working for AJS.

From finnish pages screen capture:http://i39.tinypic.com/2dhts1t.png

Actually you can order Al Jazeera from internet now too,alot of guys are doing that in Finland and Thailand. And hd-channels are 4mg stream,so you need highspeed-internet,at least 10mb.I´m ordering tomorrow.

All you need is smartDNS,cost you 5$/m,it changes your dns to middle east. After running that you can log-in to Al-jazeera sports,they have rights for almost every league+international competitions. Whole season is 135$.

I have been down that road. I have a 13 Mbps connection. Didn't find the quality to be that good to be honest even with smartDNS or Hola extension for Chrome.

I have been down that road. I have a 13 Mbps connection. Didn't find the quality to be that good to be honest even with smartDNS or Hola extension for Chrome.

The day Thailand offers Internet speeds on par with virgin media in the UK I will drop all my satellites and watch everything through the net,until that day comes I will stick to what is available.

Did you use only smartDNS or vpn too,cause you only need to use smartDNS. Next week i fly back there,wednesday true guy should come and install true Docsis 30mb,if that is not enough then what is. Of course there is a risk when guy comes he says that cannot install in my condo,tit.

Edited by Aceman80

BangkokBlue posted a few days back that he was going to have an article printed in The Nation about CTH. Anybody see that ?

next Sunday mate.

Ah, the waiting is killing me !

Seriously, how about the latest BB ? I know you are sitting on some news. You're like a reporter with a juicy scoop, but not yet ready to spill it.thumbsup.gif