True Epl Coverage

binnsy

Are you cancelling TrueVisions?  

173 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going to cancel True due to them not getting the EPL?

• Yes. Have already or will be cancelling my True subscription.
    • No. I will keep it but may also change my viewing package.
    • Never had True Sports package

This poll is closed to new votes

For some reason I cannot get any sound on CTH cable channel 137. Can anyone kindly suggest a solution? I tried the call centre without success. Many thanks.

I have satellite, but I know that by pressing the audio button repeatedly it gives you different audio channels. Try that.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For some reason I cannot get any sound on CTH cable channel 137. Can anyone kindly suggest a solution? I tried the call centre without success. Many thanks.

I have satellite, but I know that by pressing the audio button repeatedly it gives you different audio channels. Try that.

Same on Ch 151 sometimes takes about 3 flicks of the audio button from Eng to Thai to get it going

Is anyone experiencing a little interference on 136 (stadium 6)? Picture is a little jerky.

Watching 136 now and the picture is fine, i am in khon kaen.

Every time I go away for a few days the CTH satellite box seems to have done a reprogramming/rebooting. Have others noticed one over the last 4 days? Any channels lost or gained (no - I'd already got the GMM additions on a prior update).

Really quite irritating to have to reassign favourites almost bi-monthly (edit: - means every 2 months, not twice monthly - I think!).

Edited by SantiSuk

Now that CTH has sort of got its act together wouldn't it be a good idea for viewers to have access to a reliable program information guide. The EPG button often reads in Thai "to be advised" I seem to spend a huge amount of time surfing channels to find programs. The fb page is useless, as is their web site. Australia ABC has a great web site for its programs.

For those who may have the same problem in the future my lack of sound on John Dykes and others comments pre match half time and post match on CTH cable 136 was eventually resolved by replacing the box with a new one after approximately 20 calls to 1619 and two engineer's visits.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh what a surprise to see Curbishley back in the studio as a pundit after his brief interlude back in the game, NOT. Did his seat even go cold?

Alan Curbishley 'Fulham vs Cardiff is a must win for both teams, but I'd say it's more of a must win for Fulham'

How did this man ever manage in the PL?

Laughable.

Oh what a surprise to see Curbishley back in the studio as a pundit after his brief interlude back in the game, NOT. Did his seat even go cold?

Alan Curbishley 'Fulham vs Cardiff is a must win for both teams, but I'd say it's more of a must win for Fulham'

Laughable.

He's there b coz he knows what he is talking about. An experienced and respected guy who worked miracles with what he had, ie, nothing. I'm not sure but, didn't he not only get his team into the Premier, but also get them back to their home at the valley.

In football circles, he commands almost as much respect as Ferguson. Likewise from fans.

What's your gripe?

Edited by Soi Sauce

Laughable.

He's there b coz he knows what he is talking about. An experienced and respected guy who worked miracles with what he had, ie, nothing. I'm not sure but, didn't he not only get his team into the Premier, but also get them back to their home at the valley.

In football circles, he commands almost as much respect as Ferguson. Likewise from fans.

What's your gripe?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!

Please tell me that you are joking, surely you must be??

If bizarrely you are not, can you tell me why this genius hasn't managed since he left West Ham 5 long years ago??

Because wet spam FC had been paying the remainder of his contract for the last umpteen years. Had he got another manager job the payments would have ceased.

Wet Spam?? Are you a 12 year old?

And you are totally wrong. He sued West Ham for unfair dismissal and received a one off payment of around 2 mil in one lump. Initially he couldn't work with the court case hanging over his head but that was settled years back now, as a case in point do you remember he was close to getting the Villa job 3-4 years ago but they gave it to Houllier instead? He was free to work. The reason he has been out of work is because he a mind numbing bore who would have zero chance of motivating a group of multi millionaires, and he would now be totally out of his depth in the PL.

Apart from that, good post.

• Like 1

When will CTH get their website programme guide accurate for football or a posted on screen EPG. Man U v Man C was supposed to show at 7:00 to 9:00 am so I arose from late slumbers at 8:00am to watch the 2nd half, having been up in the night for the Gunners game - and what did we get ... a repeat of the Arsenal game (I can do without watching that rubbish again)facepalm.gif .

Must be so tough deciding in advance what games you are going to show when!

Nothing on the on-screen EPGs as usual as course. Anyone have an alternative source for these charlatans of sports programming?

... and the bastards have just told me Manchesters' score!!! Grrrrh!!

When will CTH get their website programme guide accurate for football or a posted on screen EPG. Man U v Man C was supposed to show at 7:00 to 9:00 am so I arose from late slumbers at 8:00am to watch the 2nd half, having been up in the night for the Gunners game - and what did we get ... a repeat of the Arsenal game (I can do without watching that rubbish again)facepalm.gif .

Nothing on the on-screen EPGs as usual as course. Anyone have an alternative source for these charlatans of sports programming?

If you don't need it for programs other than sport I suggest you try having a look at 365Sport http://www.365sport.tv/channels.php. I had a month's free trial and find it much better for watching the English Premier League, they actually post a schedule which they seem to stick to. After 1 month they sent me a bill for the next month which can be paid at 7/11, Lotus etc. but with no obligation to pay if you don't want to continue. Currently trying to cancel CTH which is of course another royal pain in the a**! Not sure if the free trial is still going on, board member Bazmib seems to know a lot about it and might be able to give you more info.

If you don't need it for programs other than sport I suggest you try having a look at 365Sport http://www.365sport.tv/channels.php. I had a month's free trial and find it much better for watching the English Premier League, they actually post a schedule which they seem to stick to. After 1 month they sent me a bill for the next month which can be paid at 7/11, Lotus etc. but with no obligation to pay if you don't want to continue. Currently trying to cancel CTH which is of course another royal pain in the a**! Not sure if the free trial is still going on, board member Bazmib seems to know a lot about it and might be able to give you more info.

Thanks - I did try having a look at 365Sport. First FAQ I looked at said "You are required to have a stable ADSL broadband connection with a download speed of 3MB/s or higher". I have TOT in the sticks. End of interest.

[Odd that my exasperated 'ba$tards' got thru' the accelerated TvF expletives <deleted> software unsullied Mr Bolaugh.png ]

I cheated somewhat by doing a manual factory reset and re-tune. All the channels have moved and I've now got the extra two more Fox Movie channels. (Family & Premium) and Nat Geo HD.

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk

On my box the password was a standard default of "0000" so I guess you figured out how to do the reset.

After that you will need to change the menu language back to English and do the channel scan.

If you figure out where the options are before you start it should be fairly straight forward.

Disclaimer: I'm fairly tech confident and NOT afraid of ballsing things up. Up to you if you try bit I'm not accepting any blame.

I'm all updated too without having to do anything.

Must admit, with the addition of fox movies premium and the GMM Sports channels, CTH are beginning to win me over. My only real gripe now is no CNBC or Bloomberg....they should at least have Bloomberg.

Hey DELBOY

Have you paid any bills yet?

I still haven't been billed.

Strange you should ask today. I received my first CTH bill yesterday (Wednesday). It covers the period 1st March - 31st March and it's for 961.93 baht.

There is no previous outstanding balance mentioned, despite the fact that I have paid nothing since the system was installed last July.

I paid it today (Thursday), and expect regular bills from now on. At least the possibility of being cut-off should have been avoided.