Relationship Question, I'm Lost

Troubled217

So I've been dating this thai girl for about a year and a half (I am white btw). For the first 6 months things were fantastic. Then about 6 months after we met she became friends with this guy that she works with (he's thai). Since there friendship it seems like our relationship has take a turn for the worse. We still hang out a lot but she just seems distant. They see each other at work and hang out. She'll even come over to hang out and talk to him on the phone for hours with me sitting right there. I mentioned before how it bothers me and it always turns into this huge argument. To add to this I've seen text messages from the guy telling her how he misses her and other messages saying how he can't wait to see her tomorrow. I asked her about it and she said that it's a cultural thing and I just don't get it. That it's normal and he's like a brother to her. I REALLY want to believe her. Can anyone confirm this? I feel like I'm losing my mind here.

Edited by Troubled217

WOW ... you can read Thai !

To add to this I've seen text messages from the guy telling her how he misses her and other messages saying how he can't wait to see her tomorrow.

One presumes that two native Thai speakers message each other in Thai.

Sorry Ladies (Forum) ... didn't mean to intrude.

I know where my coat is ... rolleyes.gif

• Like 2

WOW ... you can read Thai !

To add to this I've seen text messages from the guy telling her how he misses her and other messages saying how he can't wait to see her tomorrow.

One presumes that two native Thai speakers message each other in Thai.

Sorry Ladies (Forum) ... didn't mean to intrude.

I know where my coat is ... rolleyes.gif

Yep. agree.......................................coffee1.gif

Sorry guy, even if I'm a Thai but I'm disagree with this cultural. We never said such as sweet words for acquaintances or close friends except Kik or BF. it never existed in our tradition. Now, you should look inside your heart & your love, how much you love her? Or do you wanna try go on with this situation and lets the time prove thing? I can understand your stage now cuz I used to see SMS from my foreigner ex-BF with Thai girl... It was so painful and killed me :(

• Like 2

I'm sorry I should have clarified. Yes I know this is a forum is for women, I was looking for advise FROM a womens point of view. Not really so much for relationship advise per se. Seeing some of the responses it would seem that my question was worded improperly.

To those that 'actually' replied, thank you for the responses.

Edited by Troubled217

I'm sorry I should have clarified. Yes I know this is a forum is for women, I was looking for advise FROM a womens point of view. Not really so much for relationship advise per se. Seeing some of the responses it would seem that my question was worded improperly.

A woman will never rat out another woman, I'd say your wasting your time in here tongue.png

I agree with sbk. As tough as it may seem to be at the moment, it is time to bow out gracefully. Let it be you that makes the decision and you might save some face. Loving someone without love being returned is always difficult and it's not going to change no matter what you do. It is just prolonging the agony.

Yes. She has in effect dumped you for a Thai BF.

Thais do not like direct confrontation and giving people bad news so they use indirect methods to communicate. That's what her being "distant" is all about. She is giving signals that she has moved on.

• Like 2

Sorry guy, even if I'm a Thai but I'm disagree with this cultural. We never said such as sweet words for acquaintances or close friends except Kik or BF. it never existed in our tradition. Now, you should look inside your heart & your love, how much you love her? Or do you wanna try go on with this situation and lets the time prove thing? I can understand your stage now cuz I used to see SMS from my foreigner ex-BF with Thai girl... It was so painful and killed me sad.png

I'm always amazed how many farangs buy into this "it's a cultural thing" line. Because it rarely ever is.

When a Thai girl uses that line in these sort of circumstances, what she is really saying is "ask me no questions and I will tell you no lies."

• Like 1