Foreigners Commend Thailand's Stability, Hospitality

webfact

Foreigners commend Thailand's stability, hospitality

By Digital Media

20130131172229.jpg

BANGKOK, Jan 31 – Almost all foreign visitors to Thailand say they will revisit the country and the majority are impressed with the Thai people’s hospitality and helpfulness, according to a university survey.

The ABAC poll, conducted by a research centre at Assumption University, surveyed 969 foreigners in Thailand between Jan 15-30. Among them, 56.2 per cent were tourists, 32.3 per cent business people and 21.7 per cent investors.

newsjs

The respondents said they appreciated Thai people’s hospitality and helpfulness (7.11 points), followed by Thai culture (6.99 points), tourist attractions (6.89 points), environment (6.76 points) and labour accessibility (6.47 points).

Asked if they will revisit Thailand, 97.1 per cent said they will and will recommend that others from their countries visit the kingdom.

Regarding Thailand’s political situation and the resolutions of political conflict, one-third (37.4 per cent) of the respondents said the principle of democracy should be respected while 28.6 per cent suggested that harmony will contribute to political resolutions, 17.6 per cent called for transparency and a crackdown on corruption, 8.8per cent recommended a change of government and 7.6 per cent advocated amending the constitution.

Noppadol Kannika, ABAC Poll director, said the survey results are a positive signal for Thailand which received poor feedback from both the Thai public and foreign visitors in several previous polls. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg

-- TNA 2013-01-31

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The ABAC poll, conducted by a research centre at Assumption University, surveyed 969 foreigners in Thailand between Jan 15-30

what a pathetic attempt at a survey millions of tourists come here every year and this small amount can in no way be an affective representation of the influx . maybe if the study was done for a year it would be more representative of the people coming .

Edited by keith101
  • Like 1

As usual, no details of the sampling frame, the method of polling (eg questionnaire, structured interview) or the response rate. To suggest that the results indicate some commendation for Thailand's stability is beyond belief!

Edited by DNPBC0

At the end of the day, a questionnaire for a tourist! Does it look good and nice? Yes. Can you boast to your friends that you have been to Thailand? Yes. Do your photo's look good etc, etc, etc,? Yes. clap2.gifcheesy.gif

Must be another hub somewhere there, maybe of Uni's or survey's.

Edited by Psych01
  • Like 1

Ah yes, thanks ABAC. I always feel reassured when I read about your detailed and authoritative surveys.

Especially, those that reflect the exact opposite of many people's experience and knowledge of the Land of Smiles.

However, your polls on Thai people's attitudes to corruption have been accurate enough. Strange that, eh?

Well done again. I'll sleep easy tonight.

Well I was kind of excited to see this report. That soon ended when I saw it was a university poll.

The icing on the cake was

"56.2 per cent were tourists, 32.3 per cent business people and 21.7 per cent investors" = 110.2%

Maybe Assumption University should have stayed closed.

It's deja vu al over again.When an ABAC poll finding doesn't coincides with a set of prejudices dump on it from a great height.When it confirms those prejudices quote it as evidence.

Let's have a re-read, shall we?

"Regarding Thailand’s political situation and the resolutions of political conflict, one-third (37.4 per cent) of the respondents said the principle of democracy should be respected while 28.6 per cent suggested that harmony will contribute to political resolutions, 17.6 per cent called for transparency and a crackdown on corruption, 8.8per cent recommended a change of government and 7.6 per cent advocated amending the constitution.

--------------

Now what kind of survey was it, regarding inside knowledge of Thailand from tourists? Foreigners can commend it, as they sit in the sun and sand, being served cocktails and nice food. The above bold type demonstrates that the survey was all ifs and buts, and no iota of commonsense appiled to the reality of the survey results ever being implemented (again, c.f. bold type).

Nice ideas from the individuals (foreigners), and nice proposals. They are not factual, nor to be carried out!!

Therefore, still poll fails in every area, and the field study is not worth the paper it is written on.....

-mel.

• Like 2

Assumption College

I rest my case I copied from the article and pasted it.

Sincere apologies for not being clearer. It was Assumption College that closed not Assumption University.

Most foreigners have the perception that Thais are "lovely" people. Very kind, honest, and sincere. Of course those farang searching for sex find it a buyers market where the girls appear to be accommodating, willing, friendly, maybe lovely, sincere, customer oriented, speak a little English, eager to please..etc. Were the respondents in the survey the sex traveler or the temple and elephant tourist?

Assumption College

I rest my case I copied from the article and pasted it.

Sincere apologies for not being clearer. It was Assumption College that closed not Assumption University.

Yes but they are now the Graduates from Assumption College to Assumption Uni doing the survey ... coffee1.gif