The Village Cat

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Adorable. This Tom is indeed quite a family man.

Is the young 'un male or female?

Female and pregnant. smile.png

There is also a male of the same age - probably a sibling. He's very timid and only recently started coming around with dad and the female kitten. But I don't think dad and the male kitten like each other very much. You can just see him skulking off top right while dad nuzzles up to the pregnant kitten. biggrin.png

Hate to say this but dad may well be the father of the forthcoming kittens. Hence his behavior since we know this particular Tom is affectionate and protective of female partners, especially those he has impregnated.

There is no incest taboo among cats and such mating between fathers-daughters, brothers-sisters etc is common.

Hate to say this but dad may well be the father of the forthcoming kittens. Hence his behavior since we know this particular Tom is affectionate and protective of female partners, especially those he has impregnated.

There is no incest taboo among cats and such mating between fathers-daughters, brothers-sisters etc is common.

Yes, I'd already guessed that was the case wink.png .

Soon after all three kittens were "old enough", old dad was sniffing around them all the time.

• 2 weeks later...

Another lazy day in Rawai...

Mum #2 loves her "Petz Friend" Tuna. Well, she is feeding for 2, 3, or more - her litter must be over the road as the lady there often puts food under my gate to help keep her fed.

Poor old Boysie #2 - not too friendly with Mum #2 or Dad, just about tolerated. sad.png

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Sorry about the quality - it was shot at long range with near maximum zoom. Mum and kittens are living over the road, I'm sure. But this day there were some workmen at their house, so they came to visit. smile.png

Boysie and old Dad - sleeping in the driveway - were there too.

How many of them are there now? Thanks for that, seeinng them makes me happy that they are ok.

Funny they are all the same colour as the original two. Not a wee darkie among them---

Here's a frame that shows mum inside and the three kittens outside the gate:

post-35489-0-17611600-1404046930_thumb.j

I like the way two of the kittens came in together: smile.png

post-35489-0-54748500-1404046979_thumb.j

I think one is left handed and one is right handed (footed? pawed? smile.png )

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Oh shit, what happened?

I am sure you will miss him and his entourage, do any of the others visit?

According to my neighbour over the road - in whose garden he used to sleep - he was attacked by four dogs that got in while his gate was open. My neighbour scared them off and the Old Man seemed OK, no blood, just walking slowly and breathing heavily - and that was the last anyone I know has seen of him.

It's been three days since he came last for some food, so I think he must have died somewhere.

I keep imagining that I hear him - every little squeak or noise from the trees rubbing on the roof, or a gate opening - and I go to see if he is there. I'm glad I took that last video of him, he was certainly showing his age and the last time I saw him I noticed all the scars in his fur - lost of wounds from fights probably with other cats. I wish he'd stayed in my garden to sleep where it was safe.

One of his male offspring come to visit for food every few days. He's a funny cat - almost doesn't know how to meow. It's usually one long howl that comes out and sometimes it's more like a hiss - the vocal chords haven't woken up! smile.png But he waits for the food and wolfs it down. But I haven't seen him either since the Old Man disappeared.

I live in hope that they may come back.

He'll probably pop up in the next couple of days, like nothings happened.

They do that to keep you on your toes, rattling the box of food etc!!

I hope he is ok - he is the star of this thread. I did notice the scars too. poor wee thing.

• 1 month later...

Oh my I was given a pair,brother, ot ginger tom kittens . Just weaned and sooooo cute. Deflead and wormed by vet. Mae Sai. But these kittens spend most of their time curled up asleep. So much fun ,you cant help loving them

Oh my I was given a pair,brother, ot ginger tom kittens . Just weaned and sooooo cute. Deflead and wormed by vet. Mae Sai. But these kittens spend most of their time curled up asleep. So much fun ,you cant help loving them

Just over two years ago, old Boysie in my post above yours, was one of these three little bundles of fur:

• 9 months later...
  • 5 months later...