Bike Shop In Mae Rim

T_Dog

Just had some work done at Dr. Bike in Mae Rim and thought I would pass the word. Nice to find a shop where the owner speaks English and knows what he is doing. The place is very small but he does stock the essentials, and can order items from Bangkok. He has Panasonic tubes and Geax tires which I haven't seen at the other shops in CM for a while. New XT chain there is 900 baht installed. Worth giving a try if you live near there or have a breakdown nearby.

Best way to find it is to park at Makro and then walk the 100 meters south to his shop. That is a very busy area and it would be hard to find it driving by. He is a few doors down from a motorcycle shop with tires hanging in front so don't let that confuse you.

Have to agree with T_Dog.

I had a rear wheel re-built….2nd re-build in a month, 1st shop (in CM, no names) put crap spokes in) I walked in with wheel in hand, he re-laced with new, good spokes there and then, about an hour, that was a month ago…….the wheel is still true, all spokes still there………..great job. A + is he’s a nice guy and he carries a good selection of bits and bobs.

I popped by today at the shop and noticed a nice candy red schwinn with gold bomber shocks. Really nice retro ride. I was told it was a customers bike, perhaps it's one of us TV members?

Unfortunately I noticed a vertical crack on the head tube, so I figured I'd mention it in case the owner isn't aware.

I understand it's in the shop for maintenance? If you do decide to part out the parts I'd be keen on the wheels and parts for an unfinished build I have in plan.

Cheers