Sick As A Dog Anyone Else?

honoluabay

honoluabay

Posted 9 minutes ago

Last week Monday my thai gf and I went out for a drink and 2 days later we are sick as can be. Sore all over, swollen glans, stomach ache, can't eat much. Was wanting seeing if any other TV peeps are not felling well or is it a bug going around. Thanks

truly unfortunate. I hope both your and your 'girlfriends' glans recover soon.

Seem to remember reading about a stomach flu virus called Sydney virus. So as we have a load of Aussie visitors then it's not surprising that it's here on Phuket Island. Must admit both myself and wife had some sort of flu a couple of weeks ago. Sore muscles, headache, weak, lack of appetite. Took almost a week for recovery.

yip, i had it about a month ago, as the Thai's would say "no power" absolutely drains you, normally it's just a farang thing, but if it's a virus then anyone can catch it, another thing is "chikungunga" google it, caused by a mozzie bite, same symptoms as dengue fever but without being really fatal or high risk, but completely wipes you out for a week or so. i hope you and your good lady feel better soon, remember tesco's sell man nappies, a must, when having a beer and a curry and it's coming out as quick as it's going in, i can spot the blokes wearing the man nappies, that little rye smile, then the ahhhh of satisfaction, better then having that wet feeling behind the knee's for sure. bah.gifbah.gifbah.gif

yip, i had it about a month ago, as the Thai's would say "no power" absolutely drains you, normally it's just a farang thing, but if it's a virus then anyone can catch it, another thing is "chikungunga" google it, caused by a mozzie bite, same symptoms as dengue fever but without being really fatal or high risk, but completely wipes you out for a week or so. i hope you and your good lady feel better soon, remember tesco's sell man nappies, a must, when having a beer and a curry and it's coming out as quick as it's going in, i can spot the blokes wearing the man nappies, that little rye smile, then the ahhhh of satisfaction, better then having that wet feeling behind the knee's for sure. bah.gifbah.gifbah.gif

Chikungunya can wipe you out for a lot longer than a week, depending on one's age. I had terrible joint and tendon pain for almost three years from that nasty virus.

Seem to remember reading about a stomach flu virus called Sydney virus. So as we have a load of Aussie visitors then it's not surprising that it's here on Phuket Island. Must admit both myself and wife had some sort of flu a couple of weeks ago. Sore muscles, headache, weak, lack of appetite. Took almost a week for recovery.

Yes, I posted the link. Here it is again. With all the Aussie tourist in Phuket, it will have to get here one day.

http://www.smh.com.au/world/australias-mutant-vomiting-bug-spreads-misery-around-the-world-20130116-2cs6r.html

Below is part of the article that lists the symptoms.

"Symptoms of norovirus include a sudden onset of vomiting and, or diarrhea. Some people may have a temperature, headache and stomach cramps. The illness usually resolves in one or two days and there are no long-term effects."

I got something too...just weakness, maybe a slight temperature and a definite lack of appetite. Several days now. I believe Mr Oilinki had a thread not long ago complaining of the same thing. Too bad you can't get 'medical marijuana'' here to induce the munchies...Anyway, I don't think it is anything serious and I expect to be over it soon.

honoluabay

Posted 9 minutes ago

Last week Monday my thai gf and I went out for a drink and 2 days later we are sick as can be. Sore all over, swollen glans, stomach ache, can't eat much. Was wanting seeing if any other TV peeps are not felling well or is it a bug going around. Thanks

truly unfortunate. I hope both your and your 'girlfriends' glans recover soon.

If your girlfriend has swollen glans you might have a bigger and more embarrassing problem on your hands than you think. 'Glans' typically refers to the head of the penis, whereas glands are internal structures...Anyway, I don't want to play language police to someone who isn't feeling well...get well soon.

Yes, I posted the link. Here it is again. With all the Aussie tourist in Phuket, it will have to get here one day.

http://www.smh.com.a...0116-2cs6r.html

Below is part of the article that lists the symptoms.

"Symptoms of norovirus include a sudden onset of vomiting and, or diarrhea. Some people may have a temperature, headache and stomach cramps. The illness usually resolves in one or two days and there are no long-term effects."

Summer in Australia at the moment, not flu season. Unlikely for the carriers to come from there at this stage.

This virus was first identified in Sydney, hence the name. Currently sweeping through Europe and America.

Don't get on cruise ships.

I was sick for 2 weeks! I did go to Phi Phi and ate at a breakfast buffet. I had terrible diarrhea, stomach cramps, fever, aches, and a constant state of nausea for 2 weeks. I ended up nuking my system with Levoquin and Alenia in case of a parasite issue. I'm down about 10 kilos in that time. Its a great diet program, but wouldnt recommend it to my worst enemy.

You must be a Dr. but swollen glans can be caused by many things. thanks for your input.

LOL! Really? http://en.wikipedia....iki/Glans_penis

I think you meant glands: http://www.webmd.com.../swollen-glands

I was going to read your Wiki link,but after seeing the photo,of the offending gland,decided I wasn't that curious blink.png

Edited by MAJIC