Two Operating System's

pop3

I have a home pc and I have window's xp profesional and window's home addition on it, When it start's up I have the choice to open xp or home, what I would like to know is how can I un install the xp program and leave just the home version on my computer ? I have looked everywhere for something that say's un install or deleat but see nothing, I don't need xp and home version on it as the home version is the one I use, Thank's in advance for any help on this problem.

I don't think you have both OS on your system - and to get rid of the choices at your startup go here:

Start -> settings -> control panel -> system -> advanced -> startup and recovery -> settings -> System Startup -> Edit -> remove the line which have the OS you don't want -> save & exit.

Happy Hunting....

I don't think you have both OS on your system - and to get rid of the choices at your startup go here:

Start -> settings -> control panel -> system -> advanced -> startup and recovery -> settings -> System Startup -> Edit -> remove the line which have the OS you don't want -> save & exit.

Happy Hunting....

Thank you for your reply, I have done what you said but has it actualy un installed the xp program or has it just taken it off the start option, I realy need to un install it .

I wonder how it's possible to have both OS on the same system, unless it's on purpose and controlled by some kind of boot manager.

Windows XP Home and Pro both, per default, uses the following directories:

C:\Windows

C:\Program Files

C:\Document and Settings

- So in this case it's impossible to have both installed at the same time - unless you have specified one install on another drive or specified another installation directory (which will still only affect c:\windows).

In order to figure out your problem you need to tell me HOW you got both installations there in the first place.

- Scenario's:

- Upgraded Win XP Home -> XP Pro = No problem (my first answer is valid)

- Installed "Win XP Pro" on "top" of home = No problem, except there might be the double amount of profiles under document and settings.

If the last is the case - you'll notice that there are:

Default user

Administrator

All users

Your account

-------------------

And then there will be

[computername].Default user

[computername].Administrator

[computername].All Users

[computername].Your Account

The ones that are valid will be the last ones.

Happy hunting.

Ok will try, The way I ended up with both system's is I was having problem's with xp pro so I installed a copy of home version hoping it would overide xp pro, the problem was it diddent and now I have the two program's installed, my problem is that when useing home version and I do a search for something I had on xp pro it find's it, so I feel the problem's I have with xp pro are still there.

Ok will try, The way I ended up with both system's is I was having problem's with xp pro so I installed a copy of home version hoping it would overide xp pro, the problem was it diddent and now I have the two program's installed, my problem is that when useing home version and I do a search for something I had on xp pro it find's it, so I feel the problem's I have with xp pro are still there.

If you have each OS installed on a separate disk partition the simplest thing is to copy all the files you wish to retain to the partition containing the OS you wish to keep, modify your boot.ini file to insure you will come up on the OS you wish to keep and then reboot to be certain you come up in the correct OS, and if so format the partition containing the OS you wish to remove.