Thai Chipped Ps2 Going To North America

cooL_guY_corY

Hey guys.. I got a chipped ps2 from MBK and the power pack says the voltage is 100-200 V ( i think anyway..) So should this work at home (Canada) which is 120 volts.. Like i know my digi camera charger can work here and Canada and it says the same thing on it as my ps2 power pack, but i still dont want to fry my ps2 by accident, products that arent gutted and rebuilt have a lot more credibility to the voltage information on it.. anyways should it be ok at home and if not can i just buy a new power pack from home and use it there? any advice would be appreciated

thanks

cory

Hey guys.. I got a chipped ps2 from MBK and the power pack says the voltage is 100-200 V ( i think anyway..) So should this work at home (Canada) which is 120 volts.. Like i know my digi camera charger can work here and Canada and it says the same thing on it as my ps2 power pack, but i still dont want to fry my ps2 by accident, products that arent gutted and rebuilt have a lot more credibility to the voltage information on it.. anyways should it be ok at home and if not can i just buy a new power pack from home and use it there? any advice would be appreciated

thanks

cory

You'll be fine :D

I have a chipped PS2 slim line and the power pack is 100 - 240 volts which was fine for when I go back to UK.

I'm sure you won't have any problems. Just turn it off from the plug socket when your not playing... when your not playing LOL :o

Ash

You certainly won't fry it.

You are going to lower voltage in Canada.

Thailand is 220V.

If you have problems Sony Canada will not help you, or if they do they

will want to put it back to "normal".