Daylight savings time

fester

The wifes going round the twist on this new order.She is now about to telephone all her mates in London and complain (I think this is a great idea)

I have tried to explain the advantages of flight times from the UK due to the fact that we hope on our next visit to go straight to Chang Rai (green zone)then Phuket (blue zone)

From then on in it means more of a longer daylit day.

It has always annoyed me that by 6-30pm its was getting dark in Bangkok.Unfortunately because of its central location not any real great savings there but hey it all helps.

The Thai Government has been unfairly criticised in the past for some of its more unrealistic declarations but this one should prove a real boost to the economy.  :o

I agree with you rinrada! It will be at least one additional party hous for us here in Phuket as well. Great that the Govt did this finally.

Are the Thai trains gonna change schedule as well, or?

I will be travelling to Uttaradit this weekend and wonder how I can announce my arrival time to the Thais meeting me. Mai mee bpan haa, maybe?

All tuk-tuk drivers in Phuket are on strike since last night, blocking Patong Beach's Bangla Road and showing their anger by pouring Kratingdaeng and Lipovitandi on the streets in front of astonished sex tourists.

Bar closing time expected to be extended to 3.30am

Bar owners in the famous Patpong culture district in Bangkok quickly found a positive side effect, and praised the new Bangkok time zone, as punters could enjoy the bar scene until 3.30am instead of the previous restricted 2am closing time.

--By Maiching Thorlee

April 1, 2003

This "Maiching" writes a pretty hard-hitting article I think.  I'd better go and buy a new watch as well.  Don't know how much 'pouring of Kratingdaeng' in the streets I can handle.

Did they stop at mid-day??

Well done, much enjoyed.

:o Hi guys i'm new to this forum, moving to Paters end of April.What i've seen of the site so far should be an helpful site for me. Ok i'm a thicko but can some one tell me this, having put our clocks forward Sunday in the UK, TH was then +6hrs so now its =7.5 right?? it will help when I call the G/f, hate to wake the sweet thing up??

Thanks

Wife has finally sussed it out and re-organised telephone call times-easy.

Even allowing for British Summertime +1 Hour yesterday.

First one was to "Joy" in Chang Rai +1 hour (green Zone)no problem as only needs +1.The next one was to "Noi" in Phuket +2.1/2 hour again only needs +2.1/2..however Noi was in bed as nobody had told her.She "Noi " phoned "Meao"in Bangkok +1.1/2 hours to us plus 1 hour BST,but Meao had gone out since it was 1 hour earlier that Noi usually calls.

Fortunately "Nao" was at home and said that she had heard from Joy (green zone) at 1/2 hour earlier but they had crossed lines.Anyway Meao (yellow Z)got back earlier than expected and confirmed that she understood the time difference and confirmd with Joy (G.Z.) but was slightly confused about Noi (Blue).We dont know anyone in Isan.Its all quite straight forward really...

I tried to phone Phnom Penh but the lines are down again...Mai Pen rai   :cool:

I wonder if anyone has told UBC about the new time zones? I assume not? I also wonder about the Trains and Boats and Planes? What a lot of rubbish. Thai farmers have for years set their times, why would they need to change? they just get up a little bit earlier, or later as the case maybe. Maybe I am a bit thick, but surely 2am remains 2am even if they gain a few hours in the start. I refer to bar opening, or have the opening hours changed. :o

:o

We're getting such good mileage out of this thread, its very enjoyable.

A limerick:

A young Concorde pilot named Stan,

said "I'll meet you last night if I can"

so he flew round-and-round,

flying faster than sound,

And arrived back before he began!!

:blues: Well done guys, had me going a bit?? called the g/f she pissed her pants. ah well like I said I have a sense of humour, nice to know you guys have also, hehe. if you can;t laugh at yourself sometimes the world would a sadder place than it is at the moment.

Cheers, still smirking??

Another email to us regarding Thai Time:

[email protected]

You got me!!!!! APRIL FOOL

I fell for your article about the time change as it is something your current PM would do. i fell for it all the way and in fact called several friends here in the US and then called my family in bangkok.

when my neice said they had heard nothing about it i then realized it was april 1st. APRIL FOOLS DAY thanks!!! your page is excellent and that's not an april fools joke  

Congratulations! The best spoof for a very long time, have passed it on to some mates, and like some of the readers of this forum, have just not twigged it.

On a more serious note, I understand that to obtain a Thai driving licence, there is a multiple choice paper to answer, how can an English language copy be obtained ?

On a more serious note, I understand that to obtain a Thai driving licence, there is a multiple choice paper to answer, how can an English language copy be obtained ?

Hi Boozer, and welcome to Thailand Expat Forum. Thanks for your kind words.

Please post a new topic with your driving license issue, it does not belong to this thread. Thanks!