Report For Multiple "o" Mariage In Savannakhet. Bankbook Required!

If you have 400k in account only 2 months you do not even need a multi entry visa as you can easily extend at any immigration office inside Thailand so really would not make sense for most (a few like overseas oil work it would when no time for under review period of extension). So it seems some are asked and others not. But suspect a problem for you was the joint account - suspect they just wanted to be sure you had some bank account as required for any visa issue (20k for non immigrant) but wanted it to be in your name. Just a guess but that seems to be all we can do as others are reporting not being asked in same time period so perhaps good luck is also important.

I would much prefer to use the extension method myself from inside Thailand, unfortunately myself and quite a few others who work on rotation outside Thailand would find the 30 day consideration period that i hear everyone talking about to be too close for comfort in relation to time of departing for work, anyone know whether immigration would show consideration to this? unfortunately I won't qualify to apply within LOS this time as most of our funds in joint acc,, only hold upwards of the 100k in personal to satisfy the non imm o multi I usually do in KL

I would much prefer to use the extension method myself from inside Thailand, unfortunately myself and quite a few others who work on rotation outside Thailand would find the 30 day consideration period that i hear everyone talking about to be too close for comfort in relation to time of departing for work, anyone know whether immigration would show consideration to this? unfortunately I won't qualify to apply within LOS this time as most of our funds in joint acc,, only hold upwards of the 100k in personal to satisfy the non imm o multi I usually do in KL

If you find the 30 day under consideration too long, I applied last year on 14 June and got a stamp (contact again) dated 10 August, but when I went on 10 August the decision hadn't arrived yet, I finally received my extension on 15 Aug. So I had to wait 62 Days.

Note: This was not my first but my 2nd extension (Marriage) and this was Jomtien / Pattaya Immigration

12 Feb '13

SUCCESS!! NO FINANCIAL PROOF OFFERED AND NONE REQUESTED!

(I thought using caps was necessary in this instance mod's :-) )

I was the only person at the consulate (apart from my wife) and was there for exactly 30 seconds. The man at window number 2 only said 'I don't need the Kor Ror 2 copies', he then counted the 5000 baht I had in my passport and told me to go back the following day at 2pm.

I was number 75 and it took about 5 minutes to reach my number and I left with a new Multi Non Immigrant O based on marriage.

We stayed at NongSoda Guesthouse which is about 3 mins from the Consulate on opposite side to the river and run by Eddie, a multi-lingual South African. Nice place and good people.