Best Broadband Provider

ThailandNeil

All depends what ISP(s) service your area/residence...it's not like you will be able to choose from a whole bunch. Like in my western Bangkok moobaan I have only two choices...TOT ADSL or True DOCSIS/cable...and up until approx 21 months ago my only choice was TOT ADSL then True installed their system...and I switched to the True DOCSIS which has been super reliable and fast (your results may vary). If TrueVisions cable TV is provided to your residence then there is a chance the cable is also equipped to provide internet...but then again, it may be equipped for TV signal only. Also, an ISP that seems to provide reliable/fast service in one area may have crappy/overloaded equipment in another area...best to check with your neighbors if possible. Good luck.

• Like 1

All depends what ISP(s) service your area/residence...it's not like you will be able to choose from a whole bunch. Like in my western Bangkok moobaan I have only two choices...TOT ADSL or True DOCSIS/cable...and up until approx 21 months ago my only choice was TOT ADSL then True installed their system...and I switched to the True DOCSIS which has been super reliable and fast (your results may vary). If TrueVisions cable TV is provided to your residence then there is a chance the cable is also equipped to provide internet...but then again, it may be equipped for TV signal only. Also, an ISP that seems to provide reliable/fast service in one area may have crappy/overloaded equipment in another area...best to check with your neighbors if possible. Good luck.

On top of that, you may face other obstacles. Even if you have the choice between a,b,c or d in your area, it could happen that in your high-rise only company a is available. blink.png

Depends al of your local situation! Lots of times there is not a lot of choice which one has, might be two of the monopolists.

After more than one year swallowing, complaining and fighting with TRUE (until going in person to their head-office Rachadapisek) I changed my contract-speed from 14 / 1 ("congratulations with your SUPER HIGH SPEED Internet") into 10 / 1 (an advice of the good local technician who isn't working for TRUE anymore in the mean time of course), a bit "better" now, that is to say no very frequent cuts anymore, and being patient whilst downloading, especially during peak-hours.

The first accusation of a "drop cable"-technician was, of course (TIT), my internal line and installed a new one "professionally" cheesy.gif for which I had to pay of course, but without any improvement. The only improvement shall be a proper enforcement of the local consumer-laws against these ..........! bah.gif

Anyway, I'm paying now half the price monthly but they ignored my repeated question to credit almost a year of inferior Internet.

• 2 months later...

Used True for 6 years in a moobaan in Eastern Bkk and it sucks big time. We pay for, I think, 6 or 7 Mbps and we hardly ever even get 1 Mbps plus frequent cut outs. Usually we get only 300 to 500 kbps. We have complained many times and asked when we are going to get what we actually pay for. Last time they managed to get it up to 2 Mbps for a few weeks and then it dropped down again. They always say the Poo Yai have no timetable yet for upgrading our area which is not particularly remote or poverty stricken. Originally True was our only option but now TOT and CAT are also in the village and I am going to look into them. Does anyone have any experience of them in E. Bkk?