Speeding Brit Rear Ends Lady Thai Motorbiker

Rimmer

If this was in UK he would be guilty until proven otherwise..

The vehicle behind sees everything and if driving responsibly be able to react to anything

that happens..

Looking in your rear view mirror should not distract you from whats ahead or to the side of you..

Just because thai people drive differently does not mean you leave your own driving standards

in the UK when your in thailand..

Also, when there are motorbikes or skooters near by you should be extra carefull, a simple gust of wind from a lorry or natural gust can blow a biker 3 or 4 feet off course (not their fault)..

i hope the lady recovers..

and dont care who was to blame...smile.png

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The lady who died was attempting to overtake a bike in front, she didn't look behind her and basically drove her bike right into the path of the car, there was no time to react and stop, he WASN'T looking in the rear view mirror and he WASN'T overtaking another car, thats all false, it was a very simple and tragic accident that could happen to anyone.

It's being sorted out with the family and the police (spit on the ground) so there you go. I saw the thread on here and wanted just to set the record straight for my friend, as you can imagine it's not a nice thing to have happened, it doesn't now matter who's fault it was, the lady is gone and my friend is being held responsible, he's doing what he has to do do end the situation.

It's a lesson for all expats who drive here - be aware and beware.

The lady who died was attempting to overtake a bike in front, she didn't look behind her and basically drove her bike right into the path of the car, there was no time to react and stop, he WASN'T looking in the rear view mirror and he WASN'T overtaking another car, thats all false, it was a very simple and tragic accident that could happen to anyone.

It's being sorted out with the family and the police (spit on the ground) so there you go. I saw the thread on here and wanted just to set the record straight for my friend, as you can imagine it's not a nice thing to have happened, it doesn't now matter who's fault it was, the lady is gone and my friend is being held responsible, he's doing what he has to do do end the situation.

It's a lesson for all expats who drive here - be aware and beware.

Thanks for the clarification, BigJimmy. It's very much appreciated.

I wonder if the bike in front of the lady suddenly stopped or appeared out of nowhere causing her to pull out. That happens so much in Phuket - bikes coming out of sois, out of shops, out of any piece of dirt by the road without looking and forcing another bike in the bike lane to move into the car lane.