Dog-Free Moo Baan?

masuk

Maybe this is wishful thinking, but after some months of uncontrolled pooches howling and barking 24/7, I've just about had a gut full.

Is there such a place in Chiang Mai which is sensible enough to allow residents some peace and quiet and either bans or strictly controls animals?

Don't get me too wrong: I have always had a dog, but in a place where there were dog licenses, restrictions on how many per household, noise control, etc. But I DO like to get a reasonable night's sleep, or even watch the Telly without having to turn it up to overcome the noise.

Does anyone have any suggestions about a nice quiet moo baan, or am I going to have to look for a condo?

One thing I have learned - if a perfectly nice place has not been rented out for 5 months, there has to be a reason. I sure found it. sad.png

I'd really appreciate some contact addresses of agents/owners.

At Ban Nai Fan II near the Night Safari they seem to have a dog policy. People have dogs there but they are not allowed to roam free on the streets. The few times I've been there it was always pretty quiet. You may want to check it out.

This is Thailand.

Men have been seeking a haven of peace and tranquillity for centuries and failed.

If it`s not animals than it`s chickens, or loud music, or traffic, or people speaking at the top of their voices, or pungent smoke fumes from the burning, or noisy neighbors, or karaoke parties, or just parties, or loud speakers.

If anyone has knowledge of any such Utopia in Thailand where a person could hardly hear a pin drop, please let us into your secret location.

The only chance you have of acquiring absolute peace and solitude in Thailand, is to buy a 10 rai plot of walled off land and build a home smack in the centre of it.

Good luck with your quest.

• Like 1

The only chance you have of acquiring absolute peace and solitude in Thailand, is to buy a 10 rai plot of walled off land and build a home smack in the centre of it.

Don't worry, the paramotor a$$holes will fly over at sunrise & sunset bah.gif

I don't live in a moobaan but a stand alone house, we have soi dogs of course, however they are not noisy except when people that don't belong turn up. That is actually rare, soi dogs are helpful creatures that everyone feeds, they are just doing their job. Also those uPVC doors and windows are a lot quieter than aluminium, when the a/c is on really don't hear much at all except new year.

I don't live in a moobaan but a stand alone house, we have soi dogs of course, however they are not noisy except when people that don't belong turn up. That is actually rare, soi dogs are helpful creatures that everyone feeds, they are just doing their job. Also those uPVC doors and windows are a lot quieter than aluminium, when the a/c is on really don't hear much at all except new year.

I also give our two soi dogs snacks each morning, and they're as friendly as could be. It's the gated pooches (and or the owner) in need of training!!

You should check the 'slingshot' topic, could give you some ideas. whistling.gifbiggrin.png

Edited by Semper
  • Like 1

At Ban Nai Fan II near the Night Safari they seem to have a dog policy. People have dogs there but they are not allowed to roam free on the streets. The few times I've been there it was always pretty quiet. You may want to check it out.

Land and House Sansai on the 1001...mainly educated older people obviously with common sense ...no dog problems here...the owners actually walk there dogs on a leash and keep them in their enclosed property hense no roaming muts causing problems. My friend had a big problem in a moo barn once ..you feel like bashing the owners for letting there muts run wild / unnecessary barking/biting kids/pissing /shitting in everyones back yard but theirs.. etc...but the end result was kull the dogs...unfortunate for the dogs as its the owners fault...it is what it is

I thought I was in a different land when I rented this house in Hong Dong. This village is older with lots of nice greenery. And the dogs are walked on LEASH ! I swear. But same as everywhere the dogs at home, behind the fences, will kick up a fuss over anyone walking down the soi......

Amongst the night time noises here, soi dogs have recently become scarce. I mentioned on another thread why that is. I'm not too bothered by the noises now and even parties don't keep me awake. The crowing of the cockerels is something I quite like.

However, to deal with soi dogs. A catapult shot will send them on their way whimpering. If you can't handle one of those, then a BB gun used from within your property will have the same effect. It's only temporary, though. Another, more powerful hand held device with the same appearance would provide a permanent solution but you may not be around to enjoy the ensuing silence.

Apache gunship or SAM battery

You should check the 'slingshot' topic, could give you some ideas. whistling.gifbiggrin.png

Something more like this would be OK

post-99758-0-99972400-1360407268_thumb.j

Sanpatong market or maybe Chatuchak in Bangkok?

Edited by MESmith

Apache gunship or SAM battery

Something more like this would be OK

post-99758-0-99972400-1360407268_thumb.j

Sanpatong market or maybe Chatuchak in Bangkok?

Oerlikon maybe?? I've actually fired one of these!! Great fun.

The slingshot sounds an idea. Aim for the stern and see what happens. they're totally illegal in Oz, but I've seen them on sale in most of the markets here. Now, where can I buy marbles? Maybe that's too obvious. lots of stray stones about.

However, I'll also check out those places mentioned. I'm just off highway 1001.

The Urbana village (just completed), on the Superhighway at Don Chan, has a long list of 'cannots' in their sales contracts including some very specific 'cannots' about dogs / pets.

A few owners have challenged / ignored these clauses, e.g:

- Bring 5 large dogs when you move in and sales contract say one dog only and medium size and must be kept quiet and cannot be outside of own yard unless on a leash, and owner must carry a plastic bag and pick any dropping whilst walking on leash out side of yard. Developer gave owner several days to remove 4 dogs otherwise an outside security company would be brought in to remove the dogs. Owner ignored the warning and sure enough 4 dogs removed.

- Owner decided it was OK to allow his big dog to roam the village freely from about 9.00pm. Many complaints, dog caught and removed by developer staff.

- One big dog, left alone all day, barked loudly all day. Owner warned, developer removed the dog.

Since then no problems whatever with dogs.

And there are a number of different sized houses in this village for rent.

Edited by scorecard

The Urbana village (just completed), on the Superhighway at Don Chan, has a long list of 'cannots' in their sales contracts including some very specific 'cannots' about dogs / pets.

A few owners have challenged / ignored these clauses, e.g:

- Bring 5 large dogs when you move in and sales contract say one dog only and medium size and must be kept quiet and cannot be outside of own yard unless on a leash, and owner must carry a plastic bag and pick any dropping whilst walking on leash out side of yard. Developer gave owner several days to remove 4 dogs otherwise an outside security company would be brought in to remove the dogs. Owner ignored the warning and sure enough 4 dogs removed.

- Owner decided it was OK to allow his big dog to roam the village freely from about 9.00pm. Many complaints, dog caught and removed by developer staff.

- One big dog, left alone all day, barked loudly all day. Owner warned, developer removed the dog.

Since then no problems whatever with dogs.

And there are a number of different sized houses in this village for rent.

That's great. You just have to make sure that the rules continue to be applied after the developer has left the site.

We don't have a dog problem but we do have a very sever cat infestation. Do you want to swap? I can easily put up with a few dogs barking the stench of cats and shit and urine all around our home is another thing. let's not forget the non stop cat fights 24/7

Edited by chooka

I thought I was in a different land when I rented this house in Hong Dong. This village is older with lots of nice greenery. And the dogs are walked on LEASH ! I swear. But same as everywhere the dogs at home, behind the fences, will kick up a fuss over anyone walking down the soi......

Sounds like we're in the same mooban ... but ssshhhh don't mention the name or someone will tell lies about it ... wai2.gifwhistling.gifcoffee1.gif

I thought you are in Wang Tan, Kapt?

ssshhhh blink.png ..... BM binjalin might hear ... rolleyes.gif

Funny thing is... in 7 months here, the only invasion of privacy was from US seventh day adventists ... dunno who let them in, but one of the girls was kinda cute tongue.png

Ground chicken balls with a nice juicy antifreeze filling........

I hate barking dogs and forbid mine to do it. But what you suggest makes me highly upset.

Yup; all they need is correct training. Blame the owner, not the dogs.

I've tried discussing this with her, but she says she is totally unable to do anything with them.

She really needs help.

I thought you are in Wang Tan, Kapt?

ssshhhh blink.png ..... BM binjalin might hear ... rolleyes.gif

Funny thing is... in 7 months here, the only invasion of privacy was from US seventh day adventists ... dunno who let them in, but one of the girls was kinda cute tongue.png

the little asian one is. cute

Sounds like condo time, but then again you get noisy neighbors or a beer bar next door with music until late

That doesn't necessarily help.rented new place in Condo, was told by land lord that dogs are not allowed and there is a "management which cares" in place, only to find out that I have two tiny but very noisy "rats on leashes" almost next door.And the landlord now saying that he "can not do anything about it".

Sounds like condo time, but then again you get noisy neighbors or a beer bar next door with music until late

That doesn't necessarily help.rented new place in Condo, was told by land lord that dogs are not allowed and there is a "management which cares" in place, only to find out that I have two tiny but very noisy "rats on leashes" almost next door.And the landlord now saying that he "can not do anything about it".

I moved into a condo in March last year, and 2 weeks later they started to bulldoze the site in front.

After many months of banging, clanging of steel form-work, roaring diesel engines, I gave up and moved out.

They're due to finish in April, and then start on an office block at the rear!

Security guard was run over in a hit and run in the main road about a year ago. One of the local soi dogs stood in the middle of main road, traffic whizzing either size, guarding him until the cops and ambulance came (of course people also went to prod him a bit too, but retreated quickly with the heavy no-stop traffic - not so the mutt). Surprisingly the security guard survived, and pooch got a collar, a bath and was the local hero for a while. Sadly he was killed on same road at Christmas - not 2 metres from where the old security guard was hit.

Its not the soi dogs that get on my nerves - its those people that have half a dozen ankle biters locked in their postage stamp gardens in the sun all day long that continually set each other off - sometimes for hours. What's the point of having so many dogs and then just locking them in the garden - its not like they are a deterent - open the gate and they'd be off - if not trodden on - and no one is going to see what's up if they bark, they never bloody stop! Not a great life for the dogs or neighbours - and add nothing to the owner who must be deaf (or more likely never in) and rarely sees them anyway.

Edited by wolf5370
  • Like 2