Cheap Flights

Kananga

If anyone is planning on heading to the UK at Christmas this year I just booked really cheap tickets on Jet Airways. Worked out at 99,000 baht for two adult and two child tickets. Flights are via India with a 2 hour stopover only.

This is by far the cheapest I have seen flights over the Christmas period, doubt they will stay at this price for long. Thai airways by comparison is 170,000 baht. The second cheapest was Sri Lankan at 136,000.

Merry Christmas!

Yes, Jet Airways is cheap

you will enjoy

cramped tiny 737 for 4 hrs trip from Mumbai -bkk leg

the smelly cabins(the planes stink)

screaming babies, kids kicking the back of your seat and farting belching adults next to u

the stopover....queuing for customs security check at Mumbai..after experiencing this will never want to fly Jet again

its like buying a fake watch, you get what u pay for

• Like 1

If anyone is planning on heading to the UK at Christmas this year I just booked really cheap tickets on Jet Airways. Worked out at 99,000 baht for two adult and two child tickets. Flights are via India with a 2 hour stopover only.

Does this include a possibillity to cancel the tickets? I mean, it's early February. rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

you will enjoy

screaming babies, kids kicking the back of your seat and farting belching adults next to u

the stopover....queuing for customs security check at Mumbai..after experiencing this will never want to fly Jet again

this man told you first .....

scary sick.gif

http://www.airlinequality.com/Forum/jet.htm

I've only flown with Jet once and once was enough! I was really glad that it was a single and not a return.

Had a 3 hour stopover in Mumbai.

Plane landed. but took a long time before we were allowed to disembark.

The security check took forever.

Then it was panic to get to the departure gate for my connecting flight. I made it by the skin of my teeth.

If I had had a 2 hour stopover, I would have missed my connecting flight.

I have flown many times with different airlines and Jet was by far the worse.

I would not recommend them to anyone.

We flew them last summer BKK-LHR. Mumbai is a bit scrappy, but nothing too bad. Delhi is a lovely airport. Jet from BKK was a bit cramped, but it was only a short flight. To London was excellent. We travelled with our 7 month old girl and they looked after us perfectly well. Food was excellent if your ordered vegetarian. If you have any idea about India then you will know to eat veg. I have to say that I have flown worse in my life and we all made it to England and back for B49,900. No complaints at all.

We flew them last summer BKK-LHR. Mumbai is a bit scrappy, but nothing too bad. Delhi is a lovely airport. Jet from BKK was a bit cramped, but it was only a short flight. To London was excellent. We travelled with our 7 month old girl and they looked after us perfectly well. Food was excellent if your ordered vegetarian. If you have any idea about India then you will know to eat veg. I have to say that I have flown worse in my life and we all made it to England and back for B49,900. No complaints at all.

Agree with all of the above, i've been using them for the last 5 years. Mumbai airport is slowly improving. The worst part is the Mumbai to Bangkok leg, after 8-9 hours in a nice comfy seat and then 2 hours in the airport the 4ish hours to BKK drives me crazy, but the goal is getting to Thailand and the next day i couldn't care less!!

Always go vegetarian.

Thank you for the information.

If it was a choice of Jet for 100,000 baht or Thai for 170,000 baht I know which I would choose. Maybe Thai can be a little more comfortable, and a stopover can be a bit of a pain, but 70,000 baht is 70,000 baht.

Thanks

• Like 2

If it was a choice of Jet for 100,000 baht or Thai for 170,000 baht I know which I would choose. Maybe Thai can be a little more comfortable, and a stopover can be a bit of a pain, but 70,000 baht is 70,000 baht.

Thanks

You will be ok, and B70.000 is a lot of money indeed.

you will enjoy

You get what you pay for is usually true. For some they want to save money, for others, comfort is more important. But it's a saving for 37,000 baht for a few hours discomfort. That would be worth it for most people. I've had screaming babies, children kicking my seat, etc, on more expensive flights. So paying more doesn't always mean you get more. It's only 4 hours, so can't be so bad. Then you have 37,000 baht to spend on other things.

Definitely a good price, for 4 Pax BKK-LHR-BKK over Christmas, IMO. thumbsup.gif

I've flown with Jet several times over the past couple of years, and am continuing to use them this year again, although I'd say standards are slipping.

And DEL-Delhi is fine, fully up to modern standards for an airport, it's BOM-Mumbai where the place is desperately in-need of the running-late-on-completion new terminal, security at either is more hassle than I'd like but even there, DEL is slightly less unfriendly.

Their B737-800s/900s do usually have seat-back IFE, with a more-limited selection, their B777-300s are modern (unlike say ... Vietnam Airlines, where one hears constant complaints) although I've heard that they're switching from 3-3-3 to the much-less-comfortable 3-4-3 seating over the current winter. The catering is marginally-better out of BKK & LHR, where they use Terminal-4 by-the-way, which is much better than T3.

But the change I've really noticed this year is in their marketing-strategy and pricing. Last year, when Jet were engaged in a fight-to-the-death with now-dead-but-twitching Kingfisher, I was able to get tickets in January for Spring/Summer/Autumn-trips @ just-under B23k. And there was a constant stream of 'new'-deals through the following few months. They were locking-in the business at very-good prices.

But this year, apart from one B25k 'Sale' which actually meant just-under B26k for Jan-June only, they're playing hard-ball. They sneaked-out availability early-Feb, for cheaper-tickets in September/October @ just-under B27k, with no sales-email. Now the OP gets a good price over Christmas, but again there was no email to announce it, I'm on their mailing-list and watching for the chance to get a more-reasonably-priced ticket for the summer so I would have noticed.

Now IMO anything much-less-than B30k is worth serious-consideration, especially on modern planes, and with a reasonable stopover. And no, the overall trip-experience is not up-to the Gulf-based used-to-be-cheapies, charging (in sales) in the low-B30k range.

But congrats to the OP, he got a good price for his family, for Christmas-travel. And thanks to him for spreading the word. wai2.gif

• Like 1

Thanks

Then fly with Eva, slightly cheaper, better planes, nice comfortable direct flight with overnight from LHR - BKK

The other very important point which I discovered to my great cost- due to circumstances beyond my control I had to change my ticket with Jet - it worked out cheaper for me to buy a one -way... Both Thai and Eva its just £75 i think

Edited by fish fingers

• 3 weeks later...