Which Kind Of Real World Download Speed With Adsl?

Kf6vci

First you need to say which telco you use, TOT or TTT.

Generally the more you pay the better it gets.

I have 512/256 with CS Loxinfo @ 2700/month and most of the time get 400/200 or better.

You can get a 1024/512 plan with TOT for under 1000 but I hear it's generally about as fast as dialup.

YMMW and all that.

That's indeed cheap if you really get 400/200 most of the time. Does that include the late afternoon, early evening peak hours?

Edit: Just did a quick search for maxnet on this forum and it seems quite a lot of people complain about maxnet, as recent as January this year. I think I'll just keep paying the premium to continue to have hassle free interent.

Edited by madsere

I'm using TOT. I have their 1024mb ADSL (1,000 baht/month) plan. It works great (so far) but I'm not sure what the actual speeds (up/down) are. (Where do I find that info ? I used to know, years ago, but ever since the days of cable modems, I've been spoiled.)

Page loads seem pretty fast, and I usually have multiple windows open at the same time. In the last month, I think there was just one occassion where there was a problem with the connection.

I'm using TOT. I have their 1024mb ADSL (1,000 baht/month) plan. It works great (so far) but I'm not sure what the actual speeds (up/down) are. (Where do I find that info ? I used to know, years ago, but ever since the days of cable modems, I've been spoiled.)

Page loads seem pretty fast, and I usually have multiple windows open at the same time. In the last month, I think there was just one occassion where there was a problem with the connection.

I have exactly the same experience.But I am on the beach in Na Jomtien.It seems they have only 24 lines on the server used here????? :o So only slowdown a little during WE :D

That's indeed cheap if you really get 400/200 most of the time. Does that include the late afternoon, early evening peak hours?

Edit: Just did a quick search for maxnet on this forum and it seems quite a lot of people complain about maxnet, as recent as January this year. I think I'll just keep paying the premium to continue to have hassle free interent.

I have a TT@T line and I use ji-net 256/128 it's a bit expensive at 1300B and my download speed is 220kps, I will probably look for a better deal when my year is up.

If you click: Here, you can test your (up/down) speeds. My understanding is; it will differ every time dependant on how busy your server is.

Thanks !

Blazing speed !

830-847 kbps download/400-413 kbps upload (at 10:50, Thursday morning in South Pattaya, with 4 windows open concurrently)

Hi All, I am planning to get broadband and am more concerned about the speed than the cost. Last year, SHIN Corp. wanted to use satellites.. any feedback on Pattaya would be welcome! Thank you!

Assuming you have a phone line and you're not more than around 12 kms from Pattaya, DO NOT GET A SHIN (IPSTAR) satellite connection. They are bloody awful. lLately I've been having all kinds of hel_l with it, and even when its working it's often unusably slow. See my comments in the computer/internet forum under a thread about True being slow.

From my Bkk experience I definitely think Loxinfo is the best of a bad lot - but if money is no object, go for the best package available because the promised speeds are a load of b...s.

Again, if you brouse the computer forum you will find all kinds of advice/info on this, and details on the links to get the speeds both locally and when connecting to Europe or USA.

Good luck :o

If you click: Here, you can test your (up/down) speeds. My understanding is; it will differ every time dependant on how busy your server is.

Cool site

Just tested mine, in the U.K

Download 2.70 mbps

Upload 386 kbps

Is this good for 10 meg broadband? I dont know huge amounts about computers and i would have thought this was <deleted>. :o

Edited by daleyboy

as far as I know, getting a phone line that's compatible with the high speed internet service it's almost impossible. I wanted to rent a house in Soi Nern Plabwaan about 2 months ago ans they told me that the high speed internet it's "coming soon" and since there was a farang near me almost desperate of this "coming soon" that kept him waiting for more than 5 months I've passed. I think I'll never really understand about this...can...can not...coming soon...rtc.

This speed test at 2am a week ago.

post-1360-1141337185_thumb.jpg

my landlord just put in a tot line. its down quite a bit. it is cheap though, b500 a month.

down is 185 up is 52 - but this is early morning and as good as it gets. the connection often chokes.

my internet shop ROCKS though.... :-) download mp3 yah mon.

I have TOT 1024/512 for 2700 Bt (plus VAT) at my bar in Soi Diamond.

Speed around 800-900 vs. 400 all time.

I also have TOT 512/256 at my Condo in Jomtien. (790 Bt plus VAT) Much slower, depending on time of day it varies from 400/230 down to 60/50 .....

So it looks like the more expensive packages (and there's quite a price difference between TOT 1024/256 for I think 990 Bt) are getting real better speeds.

Sunny

One thing to consider about Pattaya is that the first hop for any activity goes to Bangkok and that link isn't all that big. Every weekend when our roads get stuffed by Bangkok weekenders our internet similarly get stuffed, presumably by same weekenders hit the Internet from Pattaya.

All through the week I rarely see less than 400/200 with my 512/256 CSLOXINFO/TTT ADSL connection but weekends it crawls. Today for example I measured just 83 kbps :o

@Daleyboy: 2.7 mbps on a 10.0 mbps nominal line is <deleted> :o

@Allexx: 2am is low-peak time. High peak seems to be around 4pm-8pm.

Sorted mate, just spoke to company, they have changed nodes or something, now downloading at 8.9mbps :D

This got me thinking seeing as my dial up is always dropping out!

Did a bit of searching and a company True seems to offer a good deal! Free install, 1baht for the modem! You pay 1Bt after 1 year have to sign contract for 1 year a couple of different options package wise!

Has anybody got this package!

Starting from 1 baht*, choose from either hi-speed Internet service or Wi-Fi service allowing you greater mobility (Free! Wi-Fi Router worth 2,900 baht and first-three-month monthly fee). For those who do not have True’s telephone number, we offer free installation worth 3,584.50 baht. Enjoy the wireless and limitless fun by simply applying during 1 Feb- 30 Apr 2006

This got me thinking seeing as my dial up is always dropping out!

Did a bit of searching and a company True seems to offer a good deal! Free install, 1baht for the modem! You pay 1Bt after 1 year have to sign contract for 1 year a couple of different options package wise!

Has anybody got this package!

Starting from 1 baht*, choose from either hi-speed Internet service or Wi-Fi service allowing you greater mobility (Free! Wi-Fi Router worth 2,900 baht and first-three-month monthly fee). For those who do not have True’s telephone number, we offer free installation worth 3,584.50 baht. Enjoy the wireless and limitless fun by simply applying during 1 Feb- 30 Apr 2006

Where did you got this? I am also very interested since last time they gave me some colossal explanations for the telephone number and stuff...

Where did you got this? I am also very interested since last time they gave me some colossal explanations for the telephone number and stuff...

Am I allowed to post this?

http://www.truecorp.co.th/eng/promotion/pr...ispeed_post.jsp

With our special offer starting from 1 baht*, choose from either hi-speed Internet service or Wi-Fi service allowing you greater mobility (Free! Wi-Fi Router worth 2,900 baht and first-three-month monthly fee). For those who do not have True’s telephone number, we offer free installation worth 3,584.50 baht. Enjoy the wireless and limitless fun by simply applying during 1 Feb- 30 Apr 2006

* on the condition that you join the program for the stated period of 12 months.

hi-speed Internet Tips

hi-speed Internet and Wi-Fi are non-guaranteed speed connection service. The connection speed may depend on the number of users online at any one time.

Users may experience slower connection speeds when using hi-speed Internet during peak times (8-12 pm.), downloading large files and connecting to non-local websites.

The connected speed is the speed that your computer connect with True, not the information download speed. The actual connected speed may slower than the one you subscribe, especially the foreign website. This due to many factors, for example, the condition and the length of the internal phone line, the condition of your computer and the internet connected speed.

hi-speed Internet service does not support Macintosh, Linux, and Windows 2003 operating system.

True has an instruction program which you will receive along with the modem or it can be downloaded via www.trueinternet.co.th

Remarks :

The above monthly fee does not include VAT 7%

Home Package (for individual service) can be used on one computer only. The company reserves the right to cancel the service for misuse. Minimum subscription period of 12 months is required. If customer cancels the service before 12 months, a 2,000 baht fine will be imposed.

hi-speed Internet can only be used with modem that supports PPPoE. The recommended model is Billion: BiPAC 5102S, BiPAC 5102G and ZyXEL 660 HW-t1. The company reserves the right to charge monthly fee and/or any other fee in full in case where customer uses other modems which are not recommended by the company and cannot or have problems connecting to this service. The customer is required to use the service for at lease 12 months. Disconnect the service before 12 months will result in a fine in the amount of 2000 baht.

The company reserves the right to not return or refund the advanced payment already received in any case except where company is at fault.

Am I allowed to post this?

http://www.truecorp.co.th/eng/promotion/pr...ispeed_post.jsp

With our special offer starting from 1 baht*, choose from either hi-speed Internet service or Wi-Fi service allowing you greater mobility (Free! Wi-Fi Router worth 2,900 baht and first-three-month monthly fee). For those who do not have True’s telephone number, we offer free installation worth 3,584.50 baht. Enjoy the wireless and limitless fun by simply applying during 1 Feb- 30 Apr 2006

* on the condition that you join the program for the stated period of 12 months.

hi-speed Internet Tips

hi-speed Internet and Wi-Fi are non-guaranteed speed connection service. The connection speed may depend on the number of users online at any one time.

Users may experience slower connection speeds when using hi-speed Internet during peak times (8-12 pm.), downloading large files and connecting to non-local websites.

The connected speed is the speed that your computer connect with True, not the information download speed. The actual connected speed may slower than the one you subscribe, especially the foreign website. This due to many factors, for example, the condition and the length of the internal phone line, the condition of your computer and the internet connected speed.

hi-speed Internet service does not support Macintosh, Linux, and Windows 2003 operating system.

True has an instruction program which you will receive along with the modem or it can be downloaded via www.trueinternet.co.th

Remarks :

The above monthly fee does not include VAT 7%

Home Package (for individual service) can be used on one computer only. The company reserves the right to cancel the service for misuse. Minimum subscription period of 12 months is required. If customer cancels the service before 12 months, a 2,000 baht fine will be imposed.

hi-speed Internet can only be used with modem that supports PPPoE. The recommended model is Billion: BiPAC 5102S, BiPAC 5102G and ZyXEL 660 HW-t1. The company reserves the right to charge monthly fee and/or any other fee in full in case where customer uses other modems which are not recommended by the company and cannot or have problems connecting to this service. The customer is required to use the service for at lease 12 months. Disconnect the service before 12 months will result in a fine in the amount of 2000 baht.

The company reserves the right to not return or refund the advanced payment already received in any case except where company is at fault.

Is this available for Pattaya? I mean, the money is not a problem, but the True phone number is a BIG problem...what did they sorted out now???

Is this available for Pattaya? I mean, the money is not a problem, but the True phone number is a BIG problem...what did they sorted out now???

For those who do not have True’s telephone number, we offer free installation worth 3,584.50 baht.

I have been trying for over 40 minutes to get a proper answer

Yes or No wil do!

On the phone on hold as I type this!!

For those who do not have True’s telephone number, we offer free installation worth 3,584.50 baht.

I have been trying for over 40 minutes to get a proper answer

Yes or No wil do!

On the phone on hold as I type this!!

Their customer service is off after 18:00, so I think you'll only be able to get the answer tomorrow...let us know, I had several attempts to get myself a high-speed internet service but I don't have the true internet number...

No go Bro!

Has to be in Bkk!

Told them they should put that on their www!

Just when you think

and then I remember where I am!

I was pretty sure about it...I don't know why they forget Pattaya, I wouldn't know of many expats that would say no to a high-speed internet connection, I would even go up to 5000 Bht/month for a good high-speed connection. In Bangkok I had a very, very good connection, in Pattaya, I just have to share a lower connection with my friend that was the lucky one with a true number...it's a real ottery having a True Internet number in Pattaya...:o