Panthongtae Shinawatra: Amnesty ' For Red-Shirts, Not For Thaksin'

webfact

They really ought to re-title this thread. Slightly misleading. At first glance I thought it meant that Thaksin's son wanted amnesty for the red shirts and not his dad. <deleted>?blink.png

Edited by mca
  • Like 1

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They really ought to re-title this thread. Slightly misleading. At first glance I thought it meant that Thaksin's son wanted amnesty for the red shirts and not his dad. <deleted>?blink.png

Who knows what Panthongthae wants? An easy solution is to forgo writing news articles based on the musings posted on Facebook by a school exam cheater and stock exchange perjurer.

Nothing was learned from his assassination fabrications on Facebook earlier.

• Like 2

OK, so if Thailand feels that "amnesty" is the way forward (by simply whitewashing illegality on both sides) then go for it . . . but specifically exclude Thaksin and Abhisit by name from the amnesty.

Then Thaksin will return with his Panamanian Takky passport and live happily ever after :D:D

• Like 1

OK, so if Thailand feels that "amnesty" is the way forward (by simply whitewashing illegality on both sides) then go for it . . . but specifically exclude Thaksin and Abhisit by name from the amnesty.

Why ? is Abhisit on the run ?? is his knuckles bleeding with having his fingers in the till ??? NO. are his family control freaks ??? NO

Then Thaksin will return with his Panamanian Takky passport and live happily ever after biggrin.pngbiggrin.png

Then he will be arrested, the warrants are still ongoing for his arrest.

Why ? is Abhisit on the run ?? is his knuckles bleeding with having his fingers in the till ??? NO. are his family control freaks ??? NO

Why include Abhisit? Simply because he also has charges against him which I am sure will end up in his favor, he doesn't need amnesty. By including both it would seem to be more "fair" to the majority of people I would think.

Why include Abhisit? Simply because he also has charges against him which I am sure will end up in his favor, he doesn't need amnesty. By including both it would seem to be more "fair" to the majority of people I would think.

"It would seem to be more FAIR ??? NO sorry leave him out of it, Just nail the wrongdoers, thats fair, BUT here you cannot do that, you want to rake in all and sundry to make it look nicer. Sorry but all this amnesty is a load of cods, the people in this land are not fair in general and are usually rounded bribed or otherwise. most do not know the truth of it all and half of them dare not speak openly, especially now red shirt villages HAVE BEEN ALLOWED TO SET UP.

Take away the fear and the bribes then the people will have to think different. Money has turned the people into sheep, most will do ANYTHING for money..

• 3 weeks later...

Is that a thorn crown I see on Thaskin's head? There are big changes on the horizon (2015) when the landscape of Asia changes. Thailand is probably needing to clean all this mess up before the big day. Thaskin needs to get back fairly soon or it might be to late for his return to the political power seat. There is huge money still to be made before real checks and balances happen. Thailand is not the only country on the list that needs to look at corruption, graft, nepotism, did I leave anything out? I hope there will be some kind of (recon silly nation) soon.

In the meantime will someone tell me "now for something completely different"

And now for something completely different rolleyes.gif

"2013-02-05: Slippers of Napoleon's Sister Found"

http://www.livescience.com/26872-slippers-napoleon-sister-pauline.html

Burberrys?whistling.gif

Is that a thorn crown I see on Thaskin's head? There are big changes on the horizon (2015) when the landscape of Asia changes. Thailand is probably needing to clean all this mess up before the big day. Thaskin needs to get back fairly soon or it might be to late for his return to the political power seat. There is huge money still to be made before real checks and balances happen. Thailand is not the only country on the list that needs to look at corruption, graft, nepotism, did I leave anything out? I hope there will be some kind of (recon silly nation) soon.

In the meantime will someone tell me "now for something completely different"

And now for something completely different rolleyes.gif

"2013-02-05: Slippers of Napoleon's Sister Found"

http://www.livescience.com/26872-slippers-napoleon-sister-pauline.html

Burberrys?whistling.gif

Right, stop that! It's silly.

I think it would be ok to pardon those who did petty things, like violating curfews, blocking roads, airports etc. However no amnesty should be granted to thiefs, arsonists and the like.

Only those who are actually in prison should be pardoned, and only if the admit their wrongdoing.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Got to hand it to you. One of those "petty things", as you describe them, such as "blocking airports etc" cost the Thai Economy $8.5 Billion US.

In addition your idea that only "those who are actually in prison should be pardoned" whether they "admit their wrongdoing" or not, would allow all of those yellow shirts to go free - they're "on bail". Not only that what would happen to the $17 Million US fine the 13 yellow shirt leaders were ordered to pay back in May 2011. Oh, they haven't paid that yet and Sondhi is broke (so he says) - must be the legal bills for all 5 of the bail arrangements he is under, the latest for a 20 year fraud sentence.

Yes, that sounds fair and well thought through.

DOH! "On bail" does not equate to "actually in prison". In fact it is the exact opposite. On bail means NOT in prison.

DOH! Bail is granted before the trial - the trial has two outcomes guilty or not guilty. The guilty ones will go to prison and by definition will be subject to the amnesty. The non guilty ones are not guilty therefore have no need of an amnesty. In other words all the yellow shirts will go free.

What does it matter they're yellow shirts - they will not go to jail. You know that. I know that. Sondhi is the perfect example of yellow shirt "justice". The non paid fine is another example. Red shirts different - red shirts jailed almost immediately.

Didn't happen to Thaksin their leader though,did it? it's the price the Red Shirts have had to pay,for being hired thugs who got caught!

Panthongtae Shinawatra. Would he be one of the family members Thaksin used to launder his funds?

The clue is in the surname which means (currently, at least) "not possible to prosecute". Any crimes committed by a person so named are forgotten, forgiven or the definition of the law changed.

It is now possible/legal in a Thai court to tell blatant lies under oath if you are not the accused (if your name is Shinawatra).

Panthongtae Shinawatra. Would he be one of the family members Thaksin used to launder his funds?

The clue is in the surname which means (currently, at least) "not possible to prosecute". Any crimes committed by a person so named are forgotten, forgiven or the definition of the law changed.

It is now possible/legal in a Thai court to tell blatant lies under oath if you are not the accused (if your name is Shinawatra).

And it is possible for that same person who lied under oath to become the PM of Thailand.

Yes, his portion of the proceeds from the sale of his father's Shin Corp., laundered through companies registered in the British Virgin Islands, amounted to 17,150,000,000.00 Baht.

And it is possible for that same person who lied under oath to become the PM of Thailand.

Her portion of the proceeds from the sale of his brother's Shin Corp., laundered through companies registered in the British Virgin Islands, amounted to 985,000,000.00 Baht for the 20 million shares in her name.

Edited by Buchholz

The trouble with an amnesty is it undermines the law, and then it sets a prescient that breaking the law is ok. Society is based on rules and laws and saying is ok for rioters to break the law means that you allow and condone that behavior. A downward slippery slope?

What would be better is try people in court. If the evidence is that they rioted, caused damage or committed a criminal act, then they do the time. If there insufficient evidence then they are let go.

Ask yourself this: if you were an arsonist should you be prosecuted?

A post and replies have been removed due to violation of fair use laws. It is generally accepted, but not written into law, that quoting the first two or three sentences of an article and giving a link to the source is considered “fair use” and not a violation of copyright.