Nok Air Calendar "inappropriate"

webfact

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ay relation to the business rivalry between Air Aisa and Nok air ? Recall that when Mr T was PM, thai airways had put in an application to launch thailand's first budget airline (Nok Air)... Mr T realised the money making potential then of a budget alternative to flying and stalled Nok air's launch to quickly get into bed with Air Asia and launch air asia as the first budget airline here... Clever use of official powers to undercut a rival business house and get into business for yourself....anybody remember that ? What's the motivation to go after Nok Air this time ? :-)

Culture Permanent Secretary Prisana Pongtatpitakkul is not so aged and old and is quite capable of doing her own calendar posing.

DSC_00191_zps5cdbfbc4.jpg

Culture Ministry website

Any suggestions as to what product she could market with that pose ????

Bromide.

A nice idea but if your thinking of bromide as an anti aphrodisiac as used during the war I think that was a myth.

Culture Permanent Secretary Prisana Pongtatpitakkul is not so aged and old and is quite capable of doing her own calendar posing.

Culture Ministry website

Button factories.

I'm sure the Nok Board is happy this will attract more customers,

and I doubt this effects the image of Thailand on jot.

No doubt the Thai Tourism Ministry isn't grumping that this is getting so much publicity either.

The Culture Minister is more of the old battle axe trying to control Thais culture,

irregardless of if they want it that way or not. Just trying to push back against the tide,

that has long since over run her position.

Culture Ministry website

Battleships.

Disgraceful that a Thai airline should get lots of good-publicity, without the usual rake-offs to the poo-yais or TAT, no wonder the Minister is outraged ! wink.png

There might be serious repercussions, like hotels or tourism-businesses realising, that they don't need the men/women from the ministry ! rolleyes.gif

Edited by Ricardo
  • Like 1

Culture Ministry website

Pearl Necklace(s)? Edited by Fozfromoz

Culture Ministry website

Bromide.

Well, the photo explains it all. Seems the culture minister has more Chins than a Hong Kong telephone directory, no wonder she is sick of the girls on the calendar.

One thing for sure, demand for the calendar will be so huge now that a reprint will be required running in to the millions. I want one in my office!

LMAO. That is one of the funniest one liners I have ever heard.

<deleted>, really?!

THAT is a problem with Thailand and it's reputation?

Seriously?

The people who think that, are essentially oxygen thieves!

I am absolutely stunned- how far out of any type of clear thinking can you possibly be?

300 calendars with women in bathing suites!

Repent- the end is near!

dam_n right the end is near, look what is happening right outside your very own door right now.

3137.jpg

• Like 1

<deleted>, really?!

Seriously?

I am absolutely stunned- how far out of any type of clear thinking can you possibly be?

Repent- the end is near!

dam_n right the end is near, look what is happening right outside your very own door right now.

3137.jpg

Will the creature in the resulting egg be a Dock or a Dug?

• Like 1

address the issue, before using female bodies as a marketing tool will becomes an acceptable norm.

uh duh i believe you might be a few decades too late....pretty tame calendar compared to some American and other countries ads that run openly on TV , magazines, etc and not just for a few "fans"...........

it's almost like Nok paid for this FREE PUBLICITY...otherwise nobody would have much even known about it.....their marketing folks should send a thank you note....

SEX SELLS...always has, always will

Yep - Sex Sells! Look at all the good advertsing campaigns using sex or sexual innuendo on TV, cinema adds etc. Go to any trade exhibition and there are always lots of "pretties' around.

In EU you won't see a calendar like this anymore, and woe betide any depraved scoundrel who dares to display one in the workplace. Thankfully, we have laws to protect our morals from such corrupting influences bah.gif

Well done Nok Airways - time the PC brigades got off their high horses and stopped preaching.

<deleted>, really?!

Seriously?

Repent- the end is near!

3137.jpg

Will the creature in the resulting egg be a Dock or a Dug?

It should be the new mascot for Thai Visa Website, it would fit right in.

address the issue, before using female bodies as a marketing tool will becomes an acceptable norm.

uh duh i believe you might be a few decades too late....pretty tame calendar compared to some American and other countries ads that run openly on TV , magazines, etc and not just for a few "fans"...........

it's almost like Nok paid for this FREE PUBLICITY...otherwise nobody would have much even known about it.....their marketing folks should send a thank you note....

SEX SELLS...always has, always will

Yep - Sex Sells! Look at all the good advertsing campaigns using sex or sexual innuendo on TV, cinema adds etc. Go to any trade exhibition and there are always lots of "pretties' around.

In EU you won't see a calendar like this anymore, and woe betide any depraved scoundrel who dares to display one in the workplace. Thankfully, we have laws to protect our morals from such corrupting influences bah.gif

Well done Nok Airways - time the PC brigades got off their high horses and stopped preaching.

Sex sells? What coulf you do with the Dog and the Duck?

<deleted>, really?!

Seriously?

Repent- the end is near!

3137.jpg

So that explains the ducks problems.

After Centuries of Asians treating their women as commodities and sexual servants, we are told that "She noted that this explained why foreigners still have negative attitude towards Thai women" - oh PLEEEEEEEZ - at least try to be honest about your own culture and history lady. Is she seriously implying that 'NON-foreigners' in LOS have Positive (respectful) attitudes to women ?

• Like 2

Culture Ministry website

Pearl Necklace(s)?

That's just rude! cheesy.gif

After Centuries of Asians treating their women as commodities and sexual servants, we are told that "She noted that this explained why foreigners still have negative attitude towards Thai women" - oh PLEEEEEEEZ - at least try to be honest about your own culture and history lady. Is she seriously implying that 'NON-foreigners' in LOS have Positive (respectful) attitudes to women ?

The only ones below her stature that she see's does, the rest are as they say "out of sight, out of mind" for her. Typical, a govt official lying to the public and maybe too themselves.

• Like 1

She noted that this explained why foreigners still have negative attitude towards Thai women and all parties in Thai society need to lend a hand in fixing this.

Most foreigners like beautiful Thai women nothing wrong with this huh.png

Absolutely tame compared to the girlie calendars distributed by the tyre and oil companies from as far back as the forties. Which century is this prude living in?

It's not as though the models are showing anything - it's just sexy marketing. There are advertising images far more enticing than this everywhere nowadays, yes, even in Thailand. She should be thankful there isn't a trend for national sporting teams, firemen and seniors to be doing naked calendars as they do in the west. There's a thought - the Official 2014 Senior Politicians Calendar.

She noted that this explained why foreigners still have negative attitude towards Thai women and all parties in Thai society need to lend a hand in fixing this.

Most foreigners like beautiful Thai women nothing wrong with this huh.png

They usually give me a postive reaction.

Absolutely tame compared to the girlie calendars distributed by the tyre and oil companies from as far back as the forties. Which century is this prude living in?

It's not as though the models are showing anything - it's just sexy marketing. There are advertising images far more enticing than this everywhere nowadays, yes, even in Thailand. She should be thankful there isn't a trend for national sporting teams, firemen and seniors to be doing naked calendars as they do in the west. There's a thought - the Official 2014 Senior Politicians Calendar.

Thank you, hopefully, picturing that above will not be stuck in my mind for the rest of my night.

• Like 1

Thank you, hopefully, picturing that above will not be stuck in my mind for the rest of my night.

Swimwear edition TB. Not nude.

Havent read many of the replies, but of what i have read, they were the expected replies.

The irony is, (straight) guys in general would protest and be all "ughhh!!!", if it was a calender of hot guys instead of girls.

Heterosexual guys like tits and asses, hetro girls like ..other toned and taught "male" physics..etc etc.. nothing revolutionary there, right?

Doesnt the world seem to be turning more "Idiocracy" on a yearly basis....?

Edited by eek
  • Like 1