Thai Girls Feel Threatened By Farang Girls?

LaraC

We both live in Thailand.

Somtampet - its my boyfriend that brought it up, not me. So its not in my mind. But yes, the "looks" is my perspective, but ive had Thai friends laugh about it saying the girls dont like the pretty farang girls and to just ignore them. Which i do! People should be judged not just on looks alone. If a girl is so shallow that she wont be nice to me because she thinks im too much competition, its very sad, and wouldnt want to know them anyway.

kblaze - Im not worried about him straying. I dated Thai before and he dated a lot of Thai before. He had a Thai gf for two year then dated/slept around and lost interest. He says he didnt find enough substance..in his experience. Hes the one who persued me relentlessly. Anyway, personally feel good about myself, so not concerned or threatened. Girls like him, guys like me, but we like each other, so if either of us fk's up, it would be a real loss to us both. People with brains try not to mess with a good thing..lol.

Well, don't flatter yourself, or your boyfriend too much, about being more good looking than some other white skin people.

To Thais, we all look the same.

They DO NOT view, what we would view as a good looking guy in the west better looking than the average white skinned person. They do VERY SELDOM make any difference.

Ridiculous.

The aesthetic is not quite the same and, just as the Thais will say about us, what might be just a decent looking person in the west might be considered quite good looking here (this applies to men and women - and I certainly benefitted from that phenomena in my youth) but it's absurd that they don't make any distinction. Thai women go crazy for the looks of Johhny Depp or Brad Pitt and the like just as most women would. And as someone who ran bars back in the day - and speaks Thai - I can tell assert with absolute certainty that good looking Farangs get noticed and appeal to Thai women.

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa ap

• Like 1

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clarification - Many farang men who thought they had a meaningful relationship with a bar girl they met - end up disappointed or broke or both. If you are looking for love, don't try to find it at a bar full of loose women (be they Thai or whatever Nationality) because love ain't present there. If you want to enter into a relationship with a Thai woman, learn their language and their culture. Problem is most farang are too lazy to even try and end up hitting on the easy targets - like those women at the bars who speak a bit of English.

I believe that very few Farangs have had real meaningful relationships with Thai Girls that are NOT Bar girls. Please be more specific about the Thai Girls you are referring to - so as not to cause misunderstanding.

Does that then mean you believe that most Farangs have real meaningful relationships with Thai Bar girls?

That just doesn't seem right wub.pngtongue.png

When I was young and purty and on holiday in Thailand. I could sashay from the Islander to Tropical Murphys in my sexy mini. men would fall down potholes rubbernecking me.

I even got a kiss from Elvis.

Sheesh! Those were the days eh Patsycat?

Yup, and im sure I could do it again.

Edited by Patsycat
  • Like 1

Well, don't flatter yourself, or your boyfriend too much, about being more good looking than some other white skin people.

To Thais, we all look the same.

They DO NOT view, what we would view as a good looking guy in the west better looking than the average white skinned person. They do VERY SELDOM make any difference.

Lol, how do I know you spend your time in bars. Correct, to bargirls looks matter very little. However, regular Thais can easily tell if a farang is good looking or not and if you're actually just a bit above the average, they'll likely think you to be very attractive because of the added exotic factor. A good looking farang male/female will easily gain 1 or 2 points from this alone. Exactly as how many farang men when they first get here think that average looking Isaan women are very attractive.

"... gain 1 or 2 points..." What on earth are we talking about here? What are these points for? Do they have any cash value? Are they inflation indexed?

Now that we have been admonished for bashing those terrible, scary, white feminists 'in the west', we have turned our myopia inwards to trash the Isaan Princess and those that prefer them. My, how utterly, utterly predictable.

My, how utterly, utterly unable to read you are.

If you want to enter into a relationship with a Thai woman, learn their language and their culture. Problem is most farang are too lazy to even try and end up hitting on the easy targets - like those women at the bars who speak a bit of English.

Agree. I've repeated this over and over again. Still, many farangs don't get this. So many good Thai girls out there. They just don't speak English.

This thread has gone way off course from the OP.

I don't think farang people all look the same to Thai people but they obviously categorize us into the "farangs" which maybe makes you feel like you're being referred to as the same as every other farang... But I don't think we're all the same.

I think the only threat that farang women have with Thai girls is the worry that their farang bf is going to stray with a Thai girl... She might be a bar girl or not, either way - it's still cheating.

Thailand does have a reputation for having a booming sex industry and sex is readily available off Thai women in most cities in Thailand. I think that would be the only threat... However, if a farang guy wanted to cheat on his farang gf with some Thai lady then he's not worth it to begin with... Onwards and upwards from cheating imbeciles.

Also believe it or not, some farang guys in Thailand don't actually fancy Asian women and prefer Western girls. :)

Edited by phuturatica
  • Like 2

I don't think farang people all look the same to Thai people but they obviously categorize us into the "farangs" which maybe makes you feel like you're being referred to as the same as every other farang... But I don't think we're all the same.

I think the only threat that farang women have with Thai girls is the worry that their farang bf is going to stray with a Thai girl... She might be a bar girl or not, either way - it's still cheating.

Thailand does have a reputation for having a booming sex industry and sex is readily available off Thai women in most cities in Thailand. I think that would be the only threat... However, if a farang guy wanted to cheat on his farang gf with some Thai lady then he's not worth it to begin with... Onwards and upwards from cheating imbeciles.

Also believe it or not, some farang guys in Thailand don't actually fancy Asian women and prefer Western girls. :)

* It is off topic but too dumb - and frankly insulting to Thais - to ignore when someone tries to claim that somehow Thai women can't recognize any surface difference between Farangs. And the use of the word "Farang" doesn't explain that egregiously skewed perception: people referring to "Asian women" in no way give the impression that they think all Asians look the same.

* Obviously it's down to the character of the individual guy whether he will cheat on or dump his GF/spouse when here. But just as many men who don't come here for the women discover, some guys who have a Farang GF/spouse will also find Thai women charming, attractive, exotic and available in large numbers and some (in my experience of 30 years, quite a few) will succumb. And It is simply not true that these available and attractive women will all be sex workers - not even close.

* The women who are cheated on or dumped are indeed better off as a result.

• Like 1

just to clarify (for the obtuse and devil's advocates) if he cheats with another Western woman is that more acceptable?

I do think the straight and narrow is a lot straighter and narrower than back home!! You have to do pretty well to find a guy that either won't cheat or has got it out of his system...

• Like 2

I think to get back to the topic at hand: there are many Thai women who have a low self esteem and probably are intimidated by a good looking farang chick. On the other hand there are super hot Thai chicks who full well know they are hot and are not intimidated. very hard to generalize on this topic.

• Like 1

Dont know why some guys find it difficult to get their head around the fact that some men actually CHOOSE to be with a western woman. Just as some of you cant fathom how anyone would NOT want to be with a Thai woman, some cant fathom why you would. Its what makes the world an interesting and eclectic mix. (Edit: and many actually choose a woman for how they click together, rather than just by race)

More of an age thing, than a race thing.

I would be quite happy to be with a thirty-something western woman, but I'm 60 and no thirty-something western woman would want to be with me.

On the other hand, plenty of thirty-something Thai women want to be with me, so I'll just take what's available.

Unless you're filthy rich sad.png

Yermanee wai.gif

Also believe it or not, some farang guys in Thailand don't actually fancy Asian women and prefer Western girls. smile.png

just to clarify (for the obtuse and devil's advocates) if he cheats with another Western woman is that more acceptable?

I do think the straight and narrow is a lot straighter and narrower than back home!! You have to do pretty well to find a guy that either won't cheat or has got it out of his system...

Cheating with anyone is unacceptable. It does not matter where they come from. Cheating is cheating and that is that.

Again, are you speaking for the whole male population in saying all guys cheat? If so, I think you have just slapped me across the face with a flying generalization. coffee1.gif

Also believe it or not, some farang guys in Thailand don't actually fancy Asian women and prefer Western girls. smile.png

Cheating with anyone is unacceptable. It does not matter where they come from. Cheating is cheating and that is that.

Again, are you speaking for the whole male population in saying all guys cheat? If so, I think you have just slapped me across the face with a flying generalization. coffee1.gif

Not speaking for anyone but given that I agreed with his post I'll point out that I don't see where he said all guys cheat.

• Like 1

I think it should be the other way around. Farang women SHOULD feel threatened by Thai women.

That's silly. I don't feel threatened by Thai women at all.

I've noticed that some Thai women seem to not care if the guy they're hitting on has a Thai gf or not, however it seems less so when the guy has a farang gf. Maybe they just assume that he's not into Thai girls and back off? Who knows...

Also my boyfriend is farang and I've noticed that Thai girls don't hit on him when I'm around. But then again, they're very wise not to. wink.png

Interesting point. I have a Thai work colleague (male) who is married with kids.

I've never in about 6 years seen him flirt with female staff or with girls in restaurants, etc. But twice in the last two years he's had a problem with girls from our workplace calling him continuously after work including late at night.

His wife doesn't get angry (she's very level headed) and she trusts him, but she's also not impressed.

In both instances he took a few calls from these two girls, then said "I'll give the phone to my wife, mabye she can advise you", etc., and then very quickly continued the same process on any further calls.

In one case the calls stopped immediately.

In the other case his wife eventually asked the girl "are you married or do you have a boyfriend, If yes then give me his number, I have some girlfreinds who might like to call him and chat". The girl hung up and never called again.

I was sharing all of the above with a friend who visits often the US. He laughed and said "do you realize this is partly a generation thing'.

I asked him what he meant. He said, "we both come from a much older generation, many younger generation people have different ideas and values about things like this".

I know well that I am very out of touch with western culture, maybe he's right.

Any comments from younger generation folks very welcome, maybe I can learn something.

Not speaking for anyone but given that I agreed with his post I'll point out that I don't see where he said all guys cheat.

"You have to do pretty well to find a guy that either won't cheat or has got it out of his system..."

What does that mean then?

"You have to do pretty well to find a guy that either won't cheat or has got it out of his system..."

Ask him. But I thought it meant that it's not necessarily all that easy to find a guy who won't ever cheat and you've done fairly well if you have. Not that "all men cheat".

• Like 1

I think it should be the other way around. Farang women SHOULD feel threatened by Thai women.

Why toybits?

Cause they get to do all the housework and cooking for men twice their age. Laundry too !! Lucky, Lucky !!

thats part of the bussiness transaction right, I prefer a loving relationship then a lowly slave who sold her soul.

• Like 1

I'm saying a lot of guys here in Thailand cheat possibly because it's easier to do so - I then go on to say they are out there but harder to come across than a fellow that does indulge.

Someone mentioned candy shop and again I feel some guys never outgrow that stage of Asian/Thai life however there are guys that would have cheated on their partner in their formative years in Asia but won't/don't feel the need... now.

• Like 1

Why toybits?

Cause they get to do all the housework and cooking for men twice their age. Laundry too !! Lucky, Lucky !!

thats part of the bussiness transaction right, I prefer a loving relationship then a lowly slave who sold her soul.

Business of prostitutes, yes.

I've been here long enough to see the stigma Caucasians have attached to them- it is a business arrangement.

The real inequity is western women who are gold diggers are considered pretty low. Here it's considered a perfectly acceptable charming trait, even.

Maybe it has to do with the very real inequities Thai women face. I see some very lovely woman with really nasty men- I feel bad for her -he seems to think he's special for it. It is symbiotic for sure.

I wish I had a Thai wife to do all my shopping, cooking, washin up , housework, etc etc would really make it a lot easier to enjoy the scenery. ANd it sure would make those trips to Labor department and immigration a whole lot less stressful

Ask him. But I thought it meant that it's not necessarily all that easy to find a guy who won't ever cheat and you've done fairly well if you have. Not that "all men cheat".

i would be willing to bet you all men have.

Why toybits?

why cant i have both?

• Like 1

All men do? I can say a categorical "no" to that.

All men have? I won't take that bet (though I doubt it. A bit)

All men do? I can say a categorical "no" to that.

All men have? I won't take that bet (though I doubt it. A bit)

I'd go as far as to say not all men have cheated as I know members of that whole older generation who would find the idea abhorrent.

Our generation and the next have a lot more sexual freedom but (in my view) a large proportion seem to lack the sexual responsibility and/or sexual maturity to deal with it.

Couple that with what constitutes cheating for our sexually unconstrained up and comers - who would scoff at heavy petting up to a blowjob being considered cheating whereas my grandparents would consider themselves absolute sluts for going to the grocery store with someone else.

If you do something that you have to hide from or couldn't tell your partner, then that's a form of cheating but I would still wager that there are guys out there that haven't cheated and are open and transparent. Then you get into the whole world of swinging, open relationships etc that come with another whole set of rules as to what constitutes cheating...

yup... from a vanilla viewpoint I'd take that bet that not all men have cheated...

• Like 2

//Seems more like you are trying to cover up your own generalization about Thai girls. :)