My Honda Click Hates Ethanol Fuels - Need Tips

Chao Lao Beach

My 7yo Honda Click is going spastic when I put this new fuel in it. I used to use 91 Binzene , now I can only find E91 Orange and E95 Green.

I have tried them both, my bike just vomits when I try to accerate and even stalls many times.

It is VERY DANGEROUS and has nearly killed me. When I found (along way from home the old fuel, I bought 3L, and used it and the problem went away, that is now finished and you guessed it, my bike is f@cked again.

What should I do?

Check your local PTT. In case, they selling 95 (yellow sign) for about 48-50 baht, it's gasoline.

Or get yourself to Shell and try the V-Power with/plus a bit 2 stroke oil in the tank (1:100 will do)

But wasn't the Honda click 'made' for gasohol 91? What is the sticker on your tank saying?

It can be, that there is too much water in the gasohol, already. So refill the tank. Even with V-Power from a different gas station, in case you can't find gasoline.

Edited by noob7

My carb. Fino don't care what it runs on so your Click should be able to run it as well. As noob7 mention it could be water in the fuel tank.

The ethanol in the gasohol attracts moisture, and water builds up in the tank.

You might have to take it to the shop and have it cleaned out, and then after that stick religiously to yellow 95 ('benzine') only.

Aah, the yellow 95 at PTT is the real deal. I normally use Shell or Caltex. Learn something new everyday!

I put green 91 in the Fino the other day and it wasn't happy, stalling everytime I stopped. Yet on green 95 it's OK. Go figure!

Funny thing about ethanol absorbing water, since alcohol is a hygrophilic molecule (hydroscopic). It's one of the contributors to a hangover. Cheating station operators used to sneak a little water into the gasoline, but it separates and sinks to the bottom in the tank. But with gasohol, cheating operator can get away with boosting the volume of fuels delivered to their stations with water. At 20º, E-10 can hold up to .5% water. E-20, more. Nice. doesn't sound like much, but that extra pure profit on every liter sold must be a tremendous temptation.

By the way, this water comes out the tail pipe in the form of vapor. While so many people say "Oh don't worry, manufacturers have cleared gasohol for modern vehicles," I note that water and excessive water vapor is death to the oxygen sensors in the exhaust pipes or catalytic converters of these modern engines. The oxy sensor is necessary for the ECU to order up the proper fuel mix for fuel injected engines. I wonder how many people have had to replace oxy sensors damaged by excess water vapor? How would one know that it was gasohol that was the culprit?

I have a brand new Click, I am using Gasohol 91 with no problems, maybe there is a fault with the bike itself!

No, yours is FI and OP's is Carb which make a huge difference.

But as I mentioned earlier my carb. Fino don't seems to having problems running on E10

Bung a bottle of fuel system cleaner in the tank. (OK the correct percentage of cleaner) that has emulsifiers in it that will help clean out the tank if in fact there is any moisture in there.

Same idea as gas line antifreeze sold in N.A.

• Like 1