My Rant Today......thais Don't Follow Up!

jaideeguy

How many times have I waited and waited for a Thai business person to follow up, either by email or phone call even when it means that they will be getting my future service or business. It's almost as if they don't want my money. I'm waiting after making 6 calls to the person who takes orders for a restaurant supply vendor and therefore have the time to post this little rant.

Thanks for listening...........

Edited by jaideeguy

Recently I had problems with ebay......why can't these Americans never follow up. I as well wait for a couple of things per email from Siemens Germany....why can't these Germans never follow up....

Other recent problems with

Japanese

Taiwanese

Indian

Belgien

Germans (again)

• Like 2

Even waiters and waitresses in restaurants don't follow up......In 13 yrs here in the Kingdom, I've never had a waitress come to the table after the food is served and ask 'is everything OK?' or 'do you need any thing else??'......never happens, maybe I eat in the wrong kind of restaurants.

Even waiters and waitresses in restaurants don't follow up......In 13 yrs here in the Kingdom, I've never had a waitress come to the table after the food is served and ask 'is everything OK?' or 'do you need any thing else??'......never happens, maybe I eat in the wrong kind of restaurants.

Nooooooo, you haven't chilled out yet. smile.png

The car insurance brokers certainly aren't in the same league. The phone rings off the hook with brokers trying to get you to re-insure through them. It's a pity that the insurance companies aren't as keen and call you up BEFORE they let your insurance lapse in the first place!

Nooooooo, you haven't chilled out yet. smile.png

I can't really get used to the way my wife just shouts across the room when she wants something else or isn't happy. This doesn't seem to give arise to any problems.

After eating in cafes and the like at midday for many years, I must admit that I have been known to have the occasional rant in Europe. Mostly with immigrant waitresses but not always...

OK.....fed the chickens, ate dinner, had a cocktail, and now chilled a little, but I still haven't heard back from the little 'yes' man who said he would confirm my order. TTTTTTIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!

love/hate it.

confirm the order today, means proper translated:

somewhen this week or next.

^^ Good to see no problems with Australians.

We're a nice bunch of guys ... laugh.png

Right on there

only took 1 day to tell me since i took 3 mths off & no significant work asosciated to my role during my last job , ( even though i had been doing this for 15 + yrs ) you cant be hired

From a Multi national company on major LNG project

Returned leatherman knife for warranty. Still waiting.

Nespresso coffee machine cash back offer check in the mail... Still waiting.

Only thing Thai that I'm waiting for is the Thai airways plane today

Same with scots builders....... same same everywhere

Yes, same everywhere 'n all that, but it happens more so here than anywhere and the op has a point. I find Thai tradesmen are particularly ****ing useless. All to do with responsibility, accountability, maturity, real life and all that jazz. There's just too much sanuk'ing and mai pen rai'ing going on! tongue.png

When they are topping my beer up, if the food was not up to scratch I could surely say something.

Edited by Scully

Odd that I've often had follow up. One or two waitresses working half a dozen tables and they often top up the glasses and asked if anything else was needed. Both in restaurants and clubs. They usually get a better tip.

One place on Beach road near walking street in Pattaya though rarely has follow up from the staff and that well known place is where I might have expected it. These get a very low tip.

Sounds like you should have gone home 12.8 years ago. Better restraunts and service back home huh.

Isn't the reason they ask that so when the meal is finished you can't refuse to pay because you claim it was aweful, or so I was told.