Shock Development!.....success Stories In Thailand!

theblether

"Keep your thoughts positive because your thoughts become your words.

Keep your words positive because your words become your behaviors.

Keep your behaviors positive because your behaviors become your habits.

Keep your habits positive because your habits become your values.

Keep your values positive because your values become your destiny."

• Like 1

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll add another... A friend of mine nicknamed 'Ticha' of Nonthaburi (she is a silkscreen sign - Independent Advertizing Broker) ... took a work crew to Phichit this past weekend with vinyl signs for vehicles. Ticha had these signs made to her customer's specs. In Phichit the work crew applied these large custom vinyl signs to the sides of large delivery trucks, vans, small trucks and cars - about a dozen all totaled. She will be driving back to Nonthaburi in the morning with a fist full of Baht smiling all the way. .. Happy woman she is ... smile.png Ticha is a very talented business woman.

To follow up on my own post about my Friend (not girlfriend) Ticha / Picha and her successful sign company Spicy Communication in Nonthaburi... here is a web link showing samples of the various kinds of signs she produces for her customers...

https://plus.google.com/photos/115714344848786342290/albums/5816525774043696177?banner=pwa

This is the evolution of her business - she has recovered after an economic downturn about 10 years ago ... and it is now looking good...

Some excellent considerations there. If someone could translate that into a black pudding roll a day keeps the doctor away i'd appreciate it. smile.png

...one year later...

Pal One's girlfriend ran off with her Thai boyfriend and the farangs assets and reported him to Immigration for operating an online teaching business.

He hired an attorney that ripped him off too.

Pal Two's restaurant was raided by the music police and fined 50,000Bt.

The stunning girlfriend ran off with a regular customer and the bank account.

She threatened to set him up with drugs if he dare do anything about it.

Pal Three's condo investment went belly up when an all night karaoke owned by police opened up next door.

He was busted for operating a real estate business without a work permit after complaining about the karaoke.

The management agency ran the property into the ground and ran off with his funds.

Edited by DiNiro
  • Like 1

...one year later...

Pal One's girlfriend ran off with her Thai boyfriend and the farangs assets and reported him to Immigration for operating an online teaching business.

He hired an attorney that ripped him off too.

Pal Two's restaurant was raided by the music police and fined 50,000Bt.

The stunning girlfriend ran off with a regular customer and the bank account.

She threatened to set him up with drugs if he dare do anything about it.

Pal Three's condo investment went belly up when an all night karaoke owned by police opened up next door.

He was busted for operating a real estate business without a work permit after complaining about the karaoke.

The management agency ran the property into the ground and ran off with his funds.

cheery chap

My wife got an increase in salary and a large yearly bonus. Her company is doing well. They build large steel structures with skilled Thai labor to American and European standards and ship them all over the world.

Skilled Thai Labor, Oxymoron?

Sorry, I could not resist.

Anyone ever tell you that you make odd posts?

I was shocked at todays development.

I lost my cannon slr digital camera along with 2 lenses.

No idea where i had lost it or it had been stolen from.

I know my car was left unlocked one day at golf, but my wallet and tablet were still there, so thought not then unless it was a quick opportunistic grab and go.

Today I low and behold i was handed it after missing for a month or so and it was given to an acquaintance to give to me. I had left it at the local carwash.

Big tip for them methinks next wash.

I nearly bought replacements last week in bkk. Value of camera was circa 30k.

On a more twisted note, i can now go and buy 2 extra lenses i want cos i dont have to waste those funds on replacements now....so all good.

Well my pal in BKK paid the bill, as I was his guest. There are many things you can accuse theblether of ( being hansum, charismatic, intelligent etc ) but I can't be accused of not standing my corner.

Lucky b-stard. Hasn't happened to me since I retired sad.png

PS In Aberdeen you stand your handbiggrin.png

Or Ston hir hon manny

Gawd that's sad.......I'll take you out for a bevvy next time I'm over.

Not really an absolute truth, just a comment in jest. Over the past 4 or 5 years I've spent my time in the company of 3 guys, and their wives, who are good company and never ask for or offer any more than good company and good conversation. Nothing in the realms of Einstein or Hawkins, just reality.

We can easily use expressions like, Don';t talk sh-t, it's not like that', without anyone getting upset or pissed off with the conversation.

I can put my hand on my heart and say that if I called any one of the three at 2am and said I needed help, accident or similar they would all probably turn up.

I gave up drinking in the 'bars' about 5 years ago, not because of cost, because of the underlying aggression that comes from many of the expats who now populate Thailand.

That obviously means I don't see or talk to a lot of the people I used to.

It amazes me how many of them get shirty when I bump into them.

Standard comments like, you haven't called me for nearly two years. My answer, check your records, you haven't called me, work it out.

Rant over.

I gave up drinking in the 'bars' about 5 years ago, not because of cost, because of the underlying aggression that comes from many of the expats who now populate Thailand.

That's an excellent observation.......

I go to some pretty ropey bars, but I've never noticed all the aggression and fights that our fellow posters seem to get into.

Maybe the Reef is not such a dive after all...

SC

• Like 1

That's an excellent observation.......

I go to some pretty ropey bars, but I've never noticed all the aggression and fights that our fellow posters seem to get into.

Maybe the Reef is not such a dive after all...

SC

I get the idea that most members would fight with the guy in the mirror............in fact there are plenty of members that really don't like the guy in the mirror.

Sad really. coffee1.gif

• 4 weeks later...