Chalerm: Not A Bribe If Cops Ask For Money On Chinese New Year

webfact

It was the wrong shop. It had a security camera. rolleyes.gif

My wife saw Chalerm's interview on TV. His last words when talking to the press were, 'Foreigners - he used the word farang - don't understand because they are not generous or thoughtful.'

In Thai the word <Thai script removed> is pronounced 'nam jai'.

Clearly this man is a dangerous, bigoted, foul mouthed idiot.

Next it will be it's the Farangs fault.

Edited by Mosha
  • Like 1

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This statement is Disgraceful to say the least, it's so bad it's funny, One wouldn't expect it from a backward country politition. To be flagrantly open to speak like this, to expect the comunity to accept it. Just distgusting, Therefore to my thinking if the P.M. accepts this attitude then this country has lost all it;s reputation. Even if steps are to be made to clean this corruption up, trusting again will take a long time.

PM-Yingluck commented a few weeks back, about the reasons why the rest-of-the-world considers Thai democracy to be a bit shaky, or worse.

She need look no further than DPM-Chalerm, coming out with comments like this, or DPM-Plodprasop with his Thaksin-Barrage scheme, or her Culture-Ministry's views on a harmless airline-calendar.

The real question is, what will she now DO about it ? coffee1.gif

so basically "it is acceptable" on the proviso that there is a religious/cultural festival or celebration occuring somewhere around the world on that day/week. Fair enough. How many such things are happening around the world each year, thousands?

How much does this Indian have to donate on the 20th February? Maha Shivaratri (Great Shiva Night Festival)

Edited by Kooweerup

Oh, if only I had known!

I was under the misguided impression that ang pao was given as a gift, if I would had known that it's also meant to be demanded from strangers I would had made a mint this last Chinese New Year.

Having been wised up next year I plan to make the runs around Chinatown asking for money.

Thais like the odious Chalerm don't care if we are stupid enough to believe this nonsense.

He's an arrogant thug that has risen to his position through bullying, intimidation and violence.

Unfortunately he's what many aspire to. He's actually a role model.

Oh, if only I had known!

I was under the misguided impression that ang pao was given as a gift, if I would had known that it's also meant to be demanded from strangers I would had made a mint this last Chinese New Year.

Having been wised up next year I plan to make the runs around Chinatown asking for money.

It is just Thailand embracing people from around the world and thier cultures by joining in on the festivities as only Thailand know how.

BANGKOK: -- Deputy Prime Minister Chalerm Yubamrung, responding to recent security cam footage of three police officers “requesting” money from an Indian tailor shop owner, claimed that said behavior was acceptable during the Chinese New Year as it constituted religious tradition and was not merely an act of bribery.

So pan-handling in the name of a Chinese holiday, whilst acting and serving as an on-duty officer of the Royal Thai government, and wearing that emblem on their whiskey-stained shirt is and acceptable form of police behavior?

I see.

I believe the witnesses said what it was, and instead the chimp seated comfortably on the branch up in the banana tree inserts his finger into his sphincter, flings poo at the photographer (see photo), and says otherwise. How charming. In one ear and out the other, with no obstacles in between. No wonder the Southerners do not trust their government when it offers assistance, protection and advice.

The next time an officer shows up, one should inquire, "Are you asking me as a civilian or or telling me as a mouth piece of the laws of the person whom those emblems on your whiskey-stained shirt represent?".

Perhaps if one pulls out their mobile phone and begins to film the event as it transpires, then there would be more enlightenment into what is happening in actuality, and not in the vacant lobe of a chimp.

Well if the deputy prime minister says its ok ..so it will be also fine for Thai new year , Farang new year no ? This is the most ridiculous comment I ever seen in 20 years I am in Thailand . In fact he just says that its normal for police to ask for bribes.

Don't forget new moons! Heck, why stop there. Every day is a new day.

oh crap,... is the BIB chinese ? what i understood : parents give to children

but indeed, the BIB and every single politician is a big child

money money money

and you get nothing in return

That's right they give to children and not the BIB. They (Thailand) seem to confused.

Deputy Prime Minister Chalerm Yubamrung, responding to recent security cam footage of three police officers “requesting” money from an Indian tailor shop owner, claimed that said behavior was acceptable during the Chinese New Year as it constituted religious tradition and was not merely an act of bribery.

Of course it is acceptable!

Where do you think you are?

• Like 1

police asking for and or taking bribes is a tradition world wide , why should we expect the los to be any different .

Have you travelled to every country and checked this? Or just stating your opinion?

The RTP are one of the worst examples of policing - open corruption, bribes, extortion, protection, murder, gambling, drug dealing. perverting the course of justice, unwillingness to enforce the law or do their job etc etc. Many examples easily researched.

You think the British, Australian, American, Canadian, German, Swiss etc poice forces are like this?

• Like 1

Deputy Prime Minister Chalerm Yubamrung, responding to recent security cam footage of three police officers “requesting” money from an Indian tailor shop owner, claimed that said behavior was acceptable during the Chinese New Year as it constituted religious tradition and was not merely an act of bribery.

Of course it is acceptable!

Where do you think you are?

The major problem is they were not recieving a gift from a Chinese Tailor bur extorting money from an "Indian" Tailor. Hardly in the tradition of Chinese New Year.

PM-Yingluck commented a few weeks back, about the reasons why the rest-of-the-world considers Thai democracy to be a bit shaky, or worse.

She need look no further than DPM-Chalerm, coming out with comments like this, or DPM-Plodprasop with his Thaksin-Barrage scheme, or her Culture-Ministry's views on a harmless airline-calendar.

The real question is, what will she now DO about it ? coffee1.gif

You forgot the tourist minister that thinks it's OK to rape a girl if you buy her dinner first. sick.gif

God yes man if you spend 30 baht on feeding a woman you expect something in return.wink.png
  • Like 1

I remember an American customer in our bank a few years ago pulled out a calendar on which every day there was a Bushism to remember the great blunderer by, it was rather amusing.

I would have thought Bucholz could construct something along the same lines in honour of Thailand's prize idiot.

The handing out of RED ENVELOPES is traditional and has been going on since before the BIB were created.

So it is a traditional form of Bribery/extortion. Which makes it nothing more or less than bribery and or extortion.

Edited by LomSak27