Chalerm: Not A Bribe If Cops Ask For Money On Chinese New Year

webfact

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My wife saw Chalerm's interview on TV. His last words when talking to the press were, 'Foreigners - he used the word farang - don't understand because they are not generous or thoughtful.'

In Thai the word <Thai script removed> is pronounced 'nam jai'.

Clearly this man is a dangerous, bigoted, foul mouthed idiot.

Now here's a puzzle. In the early 90s this gentlemen had to make hasty arrangements to leave and remain outside Thailand for a period. He was able so to do owing to the generosity of both Sweden and Denmark if I remember correctly.

It would appear the aural medication is affecting his memory since one might consider these places to be vaguely "farang", and so must be exceptions to the now posited Chalerm rule "farang = not generous or thoughtful".

Regards

Deputy PM defending birbery??? PMs brother is a wanted fugitive??? Is this really the administration the Thai people want ruling their country?

Yup. They asked for it, they got it. And their ambition is to be in the same position, also taking large bribes/cuts of projects.

Sleeping in a police box is also a tradition! So is it acceptable?

Even if his twisted mind thinks "requesting" money is not a bribe, policemen were not working during that time and as such they shall be punished.

I would say that it is fair enough if this has been a long standing tradition, providing of course that the police are not demanding gifts with menaces or conveying the message, give us money or your name will be placed in our bad books.

In England, Europe and the States it was always traditional to give money to our milkman, postman and the trash collectors every Christmas, and was always sort of expected, so I see no problem with donating a little dosh to the BiBs who are over worked and under paid anyway, but I’m sure the anti Thai establishment brigade will strongly disagree.

It was Chinese NY and its tradition, so it's ok...

This week is Valentine's day, poor police can't buy rose so this week it is ok to ask money for Valentine's day.

For Songkran it is ok to ask for Songran gifts...

Mother's day, father's day, X-Mas will be ok when it will be the time...

Simple; just don't ask for the wrong envelop on the wrong day all all will be "fine" :)

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

This guy is just incredible but it is GOOD NEWS...

I invite all Thai and Chinese people to go outside K Chalerm house and ask for money next year for Chinese NY: he said it was tradition to ask for money on that date!!!!!!!!! crazy.gif

I would say that it is fair enough if this has been a long standing tradition, providing of course that the police are not demanding gifts with menaces or conveying the message, give us money or your name will be placed in our bad books.

In England, Europe and the States it was always traditional to give money to our milkman, postman and the trash collectors every Christmas, and was always sort of expected, so I see no problem with donating a little dosh to the BiBs who are over worked and under paid anyway, but I’m sure the anti Thai establishment brigade will strongly disagree.

This story seems to have originated in the Bangkok Post. Why not cite the original source?

Forum Rule 31. wai2.gif

So Thailand is the only place in the world where you cannot write about something that has been published in a newspaper. Very funny, this Rule 31. Anybody complete Journalism 101?

@Dag. If your comment is about the apparent lack of attribution, you may not be aware that the Bangkok Post has been very aggressive about protecting its intellectual property in its reports. This site has often found itself being criticised [and I believe even threatened with legal action] if they used reports from the newspaper. Since no agreement could be made over "fair use" the owners here simply stated that no links nor extracts were permissible and would be deleted if posted.

Blame the newspaper not here as far as I can see.

Regards

PS I'm not affiliated with this site except as a poster.

PPS Just to add that the OP does have a link to another site which does then link to the presumed originator.

Edited by A_Traveller
  • Like 2

This story seems to have originated in the Bangkok Post. Why not cite the original source?

Forum Rule 31. wai2.gif

So Thailand is the only place in the world where you cannot write about something that has been published in a newspaper. Very funny, this Rule 31. Anybody complete Journalism 101?

Be careful, you have just violated another forum rule by questioning forum moderation... :-)

Edited by EyesWideOpen

Forum Rule 31. wai2.gif

It's Bangkok post that asks Thaivisa not to publish quotes or links to them.

Forum Rule 31. wai2.gif

Write a short summary – in your own words – and link to Bangkok Post. That’s what journalists everywhere do. Nothing illegal in that. It should even be a win-win for both Thaivisa and BP, according to common gospel.

Hey, if Thaivisa wants to be a leader in news, you ignore the number one English language news source in the country at your own peril…

Okay, I'll shut up now.

Hey, if Thaivisa wants to be a leader in news, you ignore the number one English language news source in the country at your own peril…

Read post 143 again, slowly.

Edited by Thaddeus

words fail me and must do so with everyone who has common sense.

If true, this was the most unqualified comment by a person in a position like he is - ever.

This must be a slap into the face of every good cop. Yes, there are good ones and even walk the extra mile.

What a disgraceful comment he made.

sick resonse when the money was not donated----DEMANDED a vast difference to our postman milkman TIPS
  • Like 1