Kidnapped Karen Girl Enslaved By Cruel Thai Couple

webfact

I think it was vital that this poor girls tortured scarred body was put on display.

The pictures are shocking and have galvanized people and organisations into helping her.

A picture speaks a thousand words.

I can only hope that she gets the medical and emotional; help she needs to try and lead some semblance of a normal life.

Does anyone know if she has been reunited with her parents.

I am not really "bothered" (well...I am very bothered, of course!) by the pictures being out in the open.

It is more the way, that they were taken in: displaying the poor girl, half naked, in front of a BUNCH of MEN, is what I find absurd.

Get her in a room with a doctor and ONE female photographer and the effect would have been the same.

In an ideal world(country) with a reasonable education, cognitive thinking, IQ baseline. Many police here simply are not bright enough, dont have enough marbles. Anyone living in Thailand would know this already and those that keep harping on it simply raise doubts about their own intellectual abilities. I am not accusing anyone of having impaired cognition but if they continue to beat a dead horse they themselves do not show the lumens of the brightest bulb.

Where poverty is the captor many a rice farmers daughter(s) just a few years older dance around naked while western men gawk or worse. Think about it!

I think, this comparisson holds only little water.

I don't think it holds any Doc. There is a virtue called common decency when it comes to something like this involving a child.
  • Like 1

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where poverty is the captor many a rice farmers daughter(s) just a few years older dance around naked while western men gawk or worse. Think about it!

It is not intended to be an earth shattering analogy.

Not even analogous.

By the way, is it OK that far, far more Asian men are doing "worse"?

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa ap

I think it was vital that this poor girls tortured scarred body was put on display.

The pictures are shocking and have galvanized people and organisations into helping her.

I can only hope that she gets the medical and emotional; help she needs to try and lead some semblance of a normal life.

I am not really "bothered" (well...I am very bothered, of course!) by the pictures being out in the open.

It is more the way, that they were taken in: displaying the poor girl, half naked, in front of a BUNCH of MEN, is what I find absurd.

Get her in a room with a doctor and ONE female photographer and the effect would have been the same.

In an ideal world(country) with a reasonable education, cognitive thinking, IQ baseline. Many police here simply are not bright enough, dont have enough marbles. Anyone living in Thailand would know this already and those that keep harping on it simply raise doubts about their own intellectual abilities. I am not accusing anyone of having impaired cognition but if they continue to beat a dead horse they themselves do not show the lumens of the brightest bulb.

Western men? Man you need to get out more in Thailand. Western men are only a small fraction of a percent compared to Thai man gawking or worse.
  • Like 1

Western men? Man you need to get out more in Thailand. Western men are only a small fraction of a percent compared to Thai man gawking or worse.

I am quite aware of the huge sex business for Thai males. I did not mention it because I did not feel the need to use it to justify, deflect and/or diminish my initial statement.

It is not intended to be an earth shattering analogy.

Not even analogous.

By the way, is it OK that far, far more Asian men are doing "worse"?

Analogy; a similarity between like features of two things, on which a comparison may be based

is poverty not a common denominator in human slavery and poor rice farmers daughters (quantitative variations acknowledged)

Sorry if I have ruffled the feathers of any of us who base our lives around the entertainment sector.

If indeed far more asian men are doing worse, how in your mind does it diminish, negate, or provide any sort of justification?

Are you already a thaivisa certified scholar or certification pending?

Edited by atyclb

<deleted>, Western men do this? I guess I move in different circles of westerners here in Thailand.Mate you definately live in the underground circles. Can I say it? The pedophile circles.
  • Like 1

This story just got a mention on the radio news in Australia. "Shocking reports out of Thailand. 7 yr old burmese girl locked in cage by Thai captives and abused for 5 yrs"

Edited by chooka

This story just got a mention on the radio news in Australia. "Shocking reports out of Thailand. 7 yr old burmese girl locked in cage by Thai captives and abused for 5 yrs"

Not too long before print and television news pick it up then.

<deleted>, Western men do this? I guess I move in different circles of westerners here in Thailand.Mate you definately live in the underground circles. Can I say it? The pedophile circles.

The slave girl is 11 or 12 years old. A few years older means 18 or above as in the slew of go go dancers in bkk and that entire city named pattaya.

Let me get this straight, in your mind the go go bars of bkk and pattaya are underground pedophile circles?

Furthermore my post was not advocating or condoning it, but condemning it.

Edited by atyclb

@atyclb -

The slave girl is 11 or 12 years old. A few years older means 18 or above as in the slew of go go dancers in bkk and that entire city named pattaya.

Let me get this straight, in your mind the go go bars of bkk and pattaya are underground pedophile circles?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

11 or 12 yrs old is considered a child. !8 is an adult. There is an enormous difference between an adult male looking at an 11 or 12 yr child and an 18 yr old woman. for a child between 11 and 18 that is not a few years. I accept I have different opions to you but I will not go out to look at a naked 11 yr old pole dancer but I may do a 19 yr old. Cheers we are different.thumbsup.gif

Why is the press taking photos of a half naked 12 year old victim?

Is that a complaint because she is not totaly naked in the pictures ? Having a name like Dirty old Man makes me wonder.

Its pretty hard to show the burns with a top on !!!! No complaint about what has happened to her just a prudish remark about seeing a girl partly naked !

Had you have pointed out that there was no need to put the girl thought the ordeal of so many people around then it would have been a different matter, the photos are necessary to show how horrific the injuries are.

The only way this girl will get justice as others point out, is if this becomes internationally reported. Lets hope this happens and may Karma come back on the perps.

Analogy; a similarity between like features of two things, on which a comparison may be based

is poverty not a common denominator in human slavery and poor rice farmers daughters (quantitative variations acknowledged)

Sorry if I have ruffled the feathers of any of us who base our lives around the entertainment sector.

If indeed far more asian men are doing worse, how in your mind does it diminish, negate, or provide any sort of justification?

Are you already a thaivisa certified scholar or certification pending?

Only just saw this and only have a moment but...

"Analogous: Similar or alike in such a way as to permit the drawing of an analogy."

Failed to meet that criteria I'm afraid.

I haven't had anything to do with "the entertainment sector" for many, many years. If my feathers are ruffled it's by the cliched myopic paternalistic canard that the sex industry is about westerners corrupting Thailand given that that view overlooks the s actual scale of that industry and greatly minimizes the difficulty in ever adequately addressing the issues and impedes doing so. I also find the huge oversimplification regrading poverty as a causative factor to be similarly trite and almost as counterproductive.

Diminish, negate or provide any justification? Sorry, I have no time for offensive straw men.

I don't know what a "thaivisa certified scholar" is supposed to be. I am an occasional poster and reader of this site and have been for about a year. I have a fair amount of knowledge on Thailand in general, having studied it quite a lot, and the sex industry in particular. All of that knowledge was gained in the 29 years I spent here prior to joining this board. Why do you ask? Is there something I can help you with?

when read this report I thought this is terrible ..then I saw the photographs, I was not prepared for that. First reaction is that these inhuman people are made to pay for their cruelty with very long prison sentences. Now my heart is crying for this girl. I wish there is something that can be done to help her get her life back on track, if that is possible.

• Like 1

The smartest thing the government could do right now is to go out and arrest these monsters immediately before

the firestorm of international publicity hits. I would not want to be the spokesman at a press conference, stammering

away while international press is hounding him about why two people who committed such an unspeakable act

are roaming around eating som tom somewhere.....

• Like 2

@atyclb -

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

11 or 12 yrs old is considered a child. !8 is an adult. There is an enormous difference between an adult male looking at an 11 or 12 yr child and an 18 yr old woman. for a child between 11 and 18 that is not a few years. I accept I have different opions to you but I will not go out to look at a naked 11 yr old pole dancer but I may do a 19 yr old. Cheers we are different.thumbsup.gif

"Furthermore my post was not advocating or condoning it, but condemning it" You respnd; I accept I have different opions to you but I will not go out to look at a naked 11 yr old pole dancer but I may do a 19 yr old. Cheers we are different

"not advocating or condoning it, but condemning it" Even after pointing this out to you you still infer the contrary. I'd say we are different in that one of us is unable to process very basic english and or written concepts.

I would not be surprised if you respond with a re-worded version inferring I am a pedophile.

There is no need or reason whatever to make any analogy, of this unfortunate case, to go go dancers or girlie bars in pattaya or paedophilia, etc., and/or ogling go go girls.

But I guess there are those who can't / don't want to / won't see much other perspective.

How sad that your thoughts and comments quickly go to sex, commercial sex, and sleaze.

Broaden your horizons and have some sensitivity, please.

I should have realized such an analogy would threaten the mantra, if not pulse and heartbeat of a significant % of expats.

The statement "Poverty is a captor" has profound ramifications and does not simply signify sleaze and or commercial sex. In several countries female housemaids are also sexually abused.

Why is the press taking photos of a half naked 12 year old victim?

Is that a complaint because she is not totaly naked in the pictures ? Having a name like Dirty old Man makes me wonder.

Its pretty hard to show the burns with a top on !!!! No complaint about what has happened to her just a prudish remark about seeing a girl partly naked !

Had you have pointed out that there was no need to put the girl thought the ordeal of so many people around then it would have been a different matter, the photos are necessary to show how horrific the injuries are.

The only way this girl will get justice as others point out, is if this becomes internationally reported. Lets hope this happens and may Karma come back on the perps.

Heyyy, sorry didn't mean to question your freedom to look a pics of naked children. Carry on, really don't want to stop you from providing her some justice.

• Like 1

To the Ajarn.... 2 posts up... as I can't post the blocks.

------

I can't disagree with you more.

If you HADN'T seen the pictures, you would not be responding the way you are now!

She was not treated like an animal, as you infer. She was photographed because of the horrifics of her injuries. She is said to be doing very well now - so she obviously has adapted well to new surroundings, and she obviously has a sense that people do care, even if the police are crapping themselves, and the judges - for that matter.

She is not being treated like an animal NOW, so reflect on what you derive as Thais in their true colours. The majority, and I say over 99.9% would never engage in such cruelty. This is a major one off, for the time being, and I certainly hope it is not dropped or forgotten, and is picked up by foreign media. However, I would be extremely careful, if I were you, of banding about the words, "Thais in their true colours" - as that is very far away from truth for the majority!

<< Thai language removed, post in English >>

-mel.

How do you know how she is being treated now, what's the source for 99.9% would never engage in such cruelty, its not so uncommon. Why does the poster need to be extremely careful for what he says?? lets not forget she escaped before was handed to the police and returned to her kidnappers whom cut parts of her ears off. so the police and the kidnappers fall in to your perceived .1%. Where I come from being photographed in such away by all male photographers and so many would be considered inhumane. Pictures of her back and arms would suffice not standing naked in front of a bunch of guys.

Would be nice to think this child could be repatriated some where else where her injuries could be treated by experts, but it will be a story that will disappear along with the you child I suspect.

p.s please back up (" would be extremely careful, if I were you, of banding about the words, "Thais in their true colours") with reasons as to why poster has to be extremely careful.

Edited by marstons

There is no need or reason whatever to make any analogy, of this unfortunate case, to go go dancers or girlie bars in pattaya or paedophilia, etc., and/or ogling go go girls.

But I guess there are those who can't / don't want to / won't see much other perspective.

How sad that your thoughts and comments quickly go to sex, commercial sex, and sleaze.

I should have realized such an analogy would threaten the mantra, if not pulse and heartbeat of a significant % of expats.

The statement "Poverty is a captor" has profound ramifications and does not simply signify sleaze and or commercial sex. In several countries female housemaids are also sexually abused.

You should be embarrassed. You're faux moral superiority and gratuitous and unfounded insults of people you don't know are pathetic. Sorry, but it's true.

By the way, you ought to go back to that dictionary you were using earlier and not only ponder "analogy" some more but look up "mantra" and "ramifications"; if you want to look clever - and you obviously do ( but hey, who doesn't?) - you need to know what words mean before you use them.

What is the main role for the RTP? To protect and serve the Thai society?

Their argument was that they need witnesses to prove the suspect's role in this kidnaping & long series of murder attempt with torture thrown in.

(I knew a similar case where the patient had to be kept in an oil bath and in Intensive Care for many months). Anyone who had even a small burn

can testify how painful it is. This girl's suffering and the long-term damage to her whole remaining life is beyond empathic comprehension.

According to the RTP, they need witnesses to prove the perps' guilt?

• Have they tried to find out the victim's knowledge of the perps' home(s), their wardrobe and their daily habits?
  • Surely there are some fine details someone knows when being kept a slave in a household for 5 years?
  • A cracked tile under the carpet?
  • A leaking faucet?
  • Does the man smoke / does he drink LEO or SINGHA or TIGER beer? etc. etc.

Where is the psychiatric evaluation of these people - before they are let lose?

Now look at the CIVIL matter where 2 foreigners were suspects. The farangs were kept in Thailand for 3 long years, over a landlord's accusation that they stole furniture and damaged the house. Now is a good time to look at the RTP's values.

Try calling the Cops in the USA when some tenant trashes your apartment! It's a civil matter, stupid!

But kidnaping - just go back to your own freaking records 5 years ago. The perps stayed in the same province!

Then the incident when the Police returned the - certainly distressed and likely injured girl to these people, without any checking of facts?

I mean, an injured child talking wildly about abuse & showing injuries should trigger some Police work? Or was there no money in it / or was someone offering or taking a bribe? This is speculation, but the whole stinking mess should be analyzed and published as to ascertain this will never ever be tolerated again!

With the level of injury you would have thought bail would not have been made available. I believe I am correct that discretion is available to law enforcement on whether or not to provide bail for alleged offenders.

It's a terrible indictment for Thailand when people post they hope justice is served.

Even murderers get bail. The wheels in the justice system here, grind very slow.

After serving time while the investigation continues. Moreover, this is not just some crime of passion

or something that happened in a state of drunkenness. No, this is premeditated kidnaping followed

by a series of heinous acts spread out over more than 1,500 days!

Say someone bites off a toddler's ears and eats them. No murder, but extreme cruelty and

polymorph perversity. Such acts must trigger a psychiatric evaluation of the perps!

Surely, there is probable cause to hold the perps?

• How come the victim named and described them?
  • Have they questioned all parties?
  • I mean, what is an injured girl doing in their home(s) and how can it have intimate knowledge of these homes?!?
  • No witnesses needed - what's this nonsense about "witnesses" they claim to be looking for?!?

The RTP needs to protect Thais from such monsters. What if they snatch another child?!? Oh, i forgot, they are pleading innocence!

Let's see - surely, just by ascertaining that the victim spent time in their homes, this should give probable cause to detain them for a few months?!?

I'm hoping that all the good Thais will demand an investigation of the RTP's handling of this affair. Was a judge ordering their release? Or is it up to some Policemen whether to release people with no involvement by the courts?

The hospital should set up an accoutn for this girl's treatment - I'll be the first to send a donation. Let's improve the burns' station fascilities while we are at it. Or ask international specilaists for help!

You should be embarrassed. You're faux moral superiority and gratuitous and unfounded insults of people you don't know are pathetic. Sorry, but it's true.

By the way, you ought to go back to that dictionary you were using earlier and not only ponder "analogy" some more but look up "mantra" and "ramifications"; if you want to look clever - and you obviously do ( but hey, who doesn't?) - you need to know what words mean before you use them.

If my remarks do not pertain to you why feel offended or the need compose sentences that seem sophisticated at face value?

FYI, I have met and chatted with the sampling I refer to. Thai society does not educate or equip some of their daughters with skills to take care of themselves so they find hairy old farangs or hairless old thai's that do. Seems to work for all parties involved, and it is typically based on financial support, not affection and love(any exceptions duly noted)

look up analogy at dictionary.com . to be fair you can find multiple definitions. the one I posted is just one. I don't think that words definition is set in stone thus choosing a different definition to negate the validity of the one I used is not convincing.

I think I will call it quits as it is tough to argue with someone that likely was a member of the oxford or yale debating team.

after seeing the pictures on ch.3 tues.morning it is going to take me a long time to forget[they will be with me for life] for me this is one of the worst atrocities committed against a human being and must rank in the top ten.we all saw what happened to malala the brave 14yr.old who almost paid the ultimate price for standing up against the taliban,this for me doesnt come close to what this poor girl has endured.the worst tragedy i have seen in my life was in 1966 the aberfan disaster i was a miner then on day shift and was sent there to help with the rescue although there was nothing we could do to save the lives of poor little children[116] so i have seen some horrific sights.if any bank has a fund that has been set up would they please publish the name,account no.and i am sure so many people would like to help.

a comment from a thai mp.would help,if there hasnt been one.

Yes I want to do the same....I have a friend Thai goverment bank, I'll talk to her about setting up an account.....please pm me -lets get something going...