Kidnapped Karen Girl Enslaved By Cruel Thai Couple

webfact

after seeing the pictures on ch.3 tues.morning it is going to take me a long time to forget[they will be with me for life] for me this is one of the worst atrocities committed against a human being and must rank in the top ten.we all saw what happened to malala the brave 14yr.old who almost paid the ultimate price for standing up against the taliban,this for me doesnt come close to what this poor girl has endured.the worst tragedy i have seen in my life was in 1966 the aberfan disaster i was a miner then on day shift and was sent there to help with the rescue although there was nothing we could do to save the lives of poor little children[116] so i have seen some horrific sights.if any bank has a fund that has been set up would they please publish the name,account no.and i am sure so many people would like to help.

a comment from a thai mp.would help,if there hasnt been one.

Yes I want to do the same....I have a friend Thai goverment bank, I'll talk to her about setting up an account.....please pm me -lets get something going...

Do you trust Thais to handle such a thing. How much will be skimmed off the top. With all the corruption in Thailand do you honestly think that she would recieve a thing through a Thai trust fund? I would love to donate but I may as well just walk out the front and hand Somchai 3,000 baht.

It really is a great idea, but umm

Edited by chooka
  • Like 2

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no need or reason whatever to make any analogy, of this unfortunate case, to go go dancers or girlie bars in pattaya or paedophilia, etc., and/or ogling go go girls.

But I guess there are those who can't / don't want to / won't see much other perspective.

How sad that your thoughts and comments quickly go to sex, commercial sex, and sleaze.

Broaden your horizons and have some sensitivity, please.

I should have realized such an analogy would threaten the mantra, if not pulse and heartbeat of a significant % of expats.

The statement "Poverty is a captor" has profound ramifications and does not simply signify sleaze and or commercial sex. In several countries female housemaids are also sexually abused.

You should be embarrassed. You're faux moral superiority and gratuitous and unfounded insults of people you don't know are pathetic. Sorry, but it's true.

By the way, you ought to go back to that dictionary you were using earlier and not only ponder "analogy" some more but look up "mantra" and "ramifications"; if you want to look clever - and you obviously do ( but hey, who doesn't?) - you need to know what words mean before you use them.

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa ap

If my remarks do not pertain to you why feel offended or the need compose sentences that seem sophisticated at face value?

FYI, I have met and chatted with the sampling I refer to. Thai society does not educate or equip some of their daughters with skills to take care of themselves so they find hairy old farangs or hairless old thai's that do. Seems to work for all parties involved, and it is typically based on financial support, not affection and love(any exceptions duly noted)

look up analogy at dictionary.com . to be fair you can find multiple definitions. the one I posted is just one. I don't think that words definition is set in stone thus choosing a different definition to negate the validity of the one I used is not convincing.

I think I will call it quits as it is tough to argue with someone that likely was a member of the oxford or yale debating team.

Hang on what has this got to do with farangs? No Farang was in anyway involved in the torture of this poor child. Leave us farangs out of it.

it boils down to some thai's attitude that other than thai are a sub species

Sure they are scum, is guilty, but slow down on the Thai bit, these atrocities happen, unfortunately, in every country in the world, but that doesn't of course lessen the crime.

Unfortunately you are correct scorecard. Every now and then something like this happens in the US and also in European countries. What is unbelievable to me is a judge gave these people bail.

In the UK the public would just love people like this to get bail so they get what they really deserve. Goes to show here they are safe to come out and get on with life with no reprisals from locals. Even in prison in the UK it would have to be in solitary for their own protection and I am sure same in other civilized parts of the world.

How justice was dispensed in the UK yesterday in a similar case, very appropriate way of dealing with this scum. www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-21473294

Guys, instead of bickering amongst ourselves to see who is intellectually superior lets use our energy for constructive purposes and try and get this story out so it can gain momentum with the international press, we all agree the pictures are shocking, lets work together here and try and do what we can to see justice being served.

Regards.

• Like 1

after seeing the pictures on ch.3 tues.morning it is going to take me a long time to forget[they will be with me for life] for me this is one of the worst atrocities committed against a human being and must rank in the top ten.we all saw what happened to malala the brave 14yr.old who almost paid the ultimate price for standing up against the taliban,this for me doesnt come close to what this poor girl has endured.the worst tragedy i have seen in my life was in 1966 the aberfan disaster i was a miner then on day shift and was sent there to help with the rescue although there was nothing we could do to save the lives of poor little children[116] so i have seen some horrific sights.if any bank has a fund that has been set up would they please publish the name,account no.and i am sure so many people would like to help.

a comment from a thai mp.would help,if there hasnt been one.

Yes I want to do the same....I have a friend Thai goverment bank, I'll talk to her about setting up an account.....please pm me -lets get something going...

sorry i have not replied internet off all day yesterday,if something can be sorted lets let everyone know.it was done when the dog traders were caught.

a post adding no further info' except to get it back nearer to the top of the postings in the hope that anyone who missed it may well read it and help to keep it from disappearing from day-to-day viewing.

What is the main role for the RTP? To protect and serve the Thai society?

Their main roles are (note order of importance)

• Provide security to His Majesty the King, Her Majesty the Queen, the Heirs to the Throne, members of the Royal Family, the Regent, Royal Representatives, and Royal Guests;
  • Direct and supervise the operation of all police officers to ensure quality service and compliance with the laws;
  • Prevent and suppress crime;
  • Maintain public order and national security;
  • Assist the public;
  • Perform other activities stipulated by Thai law;
  • Carry out law enforcement activities as assigned by the Prime Minister in support of national development.

http://www.interpol.int/Member-countries/Asia-South-Pacific/Thailand

They fail in at least three of those categories.

In order to spread this story , I have sent emails to CNN, BBC, and Fox news. I have also sent

many email request to burn specialty hospital in America requesting help for this girl, sort of like

the way a hospital in England stepped up to the plate to help Malala, the girl who shot in Pakistani.

I have sent emails to the large charitable foundations in America such as the Bill and Melinda

Gates foundation. I have heard back..........nothing....... Either these organisations don't really

want to spend their money, or this case is somewhat of a hot potato, since it involves a Thai couple

torturing a Burmese girl. So from a political standpoint, it may be hard to get aid for this girl.

Hey maybe Thailand could step up to the plate, and do something beyond a flower photo op

and a 30,000 baht check.....

Side note: The monster couple is supposed to report to the police tomorrow I think.

I am waiting with bated breath to see what they do. Or what the police do.....

Given the story of Kamnan Poh "on the run" while staying at his house, I am not holding

out a lot of hope for the police to track these monsters down. Unless there is some serious

public public pressure to do so.

Edited by EyesWideOpen
  • Like 2

I am not sure if you are aware of this.Treatment of servants by their employers in countries like Malaysia,Singapore is real problem.

Pouring hot water,hot iron pressing are very common form of punishment;some cases create scandals and go to court.One of the most peculiar I read about:

servant who was well endowed woman from Indonesia had her nipples bitten off by her lady master.Offenders are mostly Chinese.

I am not sure if you are aware of this.Treatment of servants by their employers in countries like Malaysia,Singapore is real problem.

Pouring hot water,hot iron pressing are very common form of punishment;some cases create scandals and go to court.One of the most peculiar I read about:

servant who was well endowed woman from Indonesia had her nipples bitten off by her lady master.Offenders are mostly Chinese.

Not so sure about Malaysia but I lived in Singapore for eighteen months. Ever so often one of the irate ladies or men would push the Indonesian maid off the balcony of their flat to their death.

All well and good BUT, she wasn't a servant, she was a very young girl that was kidnapped and tortured.

That isn't the same as an adult paid maid. Even though both are terrible stories, this was a very young helpless girl.

• Like 1

All well and good BUT, she wasn't a servant, she was a very young girl that was kidnapped and tortured.

That isn't the same as an adult paid maid. Even though both are terrible stories, this was a very young helpless girl.

Yeah, but that doesn't count as she IS only a Karen.

Yes, it will be interesting today as the scum-bags are supposed to report today to the police. I wonder if they will sent them a reminder "if you are not busy today and if you can make time, please remember you should report today - but if you can't get here never mind we will understand - send brown envelope instead"

Edited by Artisi
  • Like 1

Yes, it will be interesting today as the scum-bags are supposed to report today to the police. I wonder if they will sent them a reminder "if you are not busy today and if you can make time, please remember you should report today - but if you can't get here never mind we will understand - send brown envelope instead"

Did any members see any detail of what police station and what time they are supposed to report, today?

I wonder how many reporters / news crews will be there?

Did any members see any detail of what police station and what time they are supposed to report, today?

unlikely to be any news crews there, wouldn't want to embarrass the scum-bags or cause them any discomfort.

unlikely to be any news crews there, wouldn't want to embarrass the scum-bags or cause them any discomfort.

Not so sure about that, seems this case has created outrage in the Thai press and numerours webboards, with, i'm told, many very negative comments calling for blood on pantip.com alone. Also mentioned earlier in these threads.

I apologize for removing some earlier details to get past the too many quotes rules.

Not so sure about that, seems this case has created outrage in the Thai press and numerours webboards, with, i'm told, many very negative comments calling for blood on pantip.com alone. Also mentioned earlier in these threads.

I apologize for removing some earlier details to get past the too many quotes rules.

Over and over again on this thread it has been stated - with absolutely no basis whatsoever and indeed in contradiction with certain facts - that Thais won't care about this girl and what happened to her.

It's one of those threads where posters' personal issues surface quickly.

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa ap

A post has been removed for copyright violation. It is generally accepted, but not written into law, that quoting the first two or three sentences of an article and giving a link to the source is considered “fair use” and not a violation of copyright.

Police put Bt100,000 bounty on couple who allegedly tortured Karen girl

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Police will be offering Bt100,000 bounty for crucial tipoff about the hiding place of a couple who have been charged with the illegal detention, enslaving, and torturing a Karen girl.

Natee Taengorn, 35, and Rattanakorn Piyaworatham, 33, did not report themselves to police after they were released on bail.

"We will forfeit their bond and seek arrest warrants for them," Mueang Kamphaeng Phet Police Station's superintendent Colonel Akkasorn Srisupat said Monday.

-- The Nation 2013-02-18

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Police-put-Bt100000-bounty-on-couple-who-allegedly-30200235.html

Oh dear oh dear. Seems they did a runner

Edited by metisdead
: Link added

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Police will be offering Bt100,000 bounty for crucial tipoff about the hiding place of a couple who have been charged with the illegal detention, enslaving, and torturing a Karen girl.

Natee Taengorn, 35, and Rattanakorn Piyaworatham, 33, did not report themselves to police after they were released on bail.

"We will forfeit their bond and seek arrest warrants for them," Mueang Kamphaeng Phet Police Station's superintendent Colonel Akkasorn Srisupat said Monday.

-- The Nation 2013-02-18

Comes as no surprise. I'm sure 100k will do the trick, but in case it didn't, I am sure there will be plenty of contributors if they took the hat around.

Surely the departments talk to each other and they would know via immigration if they have skipped the country. I hope so.

The Nation

-- The Nation 2013-02-18

http://www.nationmul...y-30200235.html

according to other reports it's relatively easy to buy false Thai ID card for around 200k baht. So I recall bail was set at 700k baht, why not list reward at say 500k baht, funded by bail money, in case they endeavour to buy false ID - no honour among criminals.

As has been said many times in this thread <deleted> were RTP doing by agreeing to bail? Time to update the Criminal Code in Thailand to make bail unavailable for serious alleged offenses based upon reasonable existing evidence.

Edited by simple1

The Nation

-- The Nation 2013-02-18

according to other reports it's relatively easy to buy false Thai ID card for around 200k baht. So I recall bail was set at 700k baht, why not list reward at say 500k baht, funded by bail money, in case they endeavour to buy false ID - no honour among criminals.

As has been said many times in this thread <deleted> were RTP doing by agreeing to bail? Time to update the Criminal Code in Thailand to make bail unavailable for serious alleged offenses based upon reasonable existing evidence.

Bail might a bribe in disguise. Bail money should go towards medical treatment.

Time to call in Nazi hunters.

Edited by atyclb

The English language press was a bit more coy but the Thai language media reported that the Thai couple cut off the girl's nipples and parts of her ears with scissors, in addition to keeping her in a puppy's cage and pouring boiling water on her.

Why they have been given bail is beyond me.

Is bail paid to the prosecutors office or to police?

There are two types. Police can detain without charge for a few days while they investigate but can decided to release on bail. In that case the bail is set and held by police. After the suspect has been charged it is the court's decision and the bail is set and held by the court.

Foreigners are often asked for bail by police but not given a receipt for the total amount and their passports are not confiscated. If you being investigated for a "pedo" offence in Pattaya, that means you live the country and never come back. I remember a case where it was reported the Pattaya police provided the transport to the airport.

Edited by Arkady

The Nation

-- The Nation 2013-02-18

Wait, wait, wait.....WOT?

First they let them off the hook...and now....<deleted>?

The Nation

-- The Nation 2013-02-18

Wait, wait, wait.....WOT?

First they let them off the hook...and now....<deleted>?

That's what you call saving face...

The English language press was a bit more coy but the Thai language media reported that the Thai couple cut off the girl's nipples and parts of her ears with scissors, in addition to keeping her in a puppy's cage and pouring boiling water on her.

Why they have been given bail is beyond me.

Is that true???? <deleted>!!!!!!!

Please give me a few minutes alone with them.

I'd like to see them sent to Saudi for a good old fashioned stoning first though.

Edited by FDog

The Nation

-- The Nation 2013-02-18

Disgusting, they shouldn't have gotten bail in the 1st place. Is the 100K for Dead or Alive?